3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

I Love My Dodge!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jrussell
Well the tranny is obviously stock (who would lie about that...lol), he has pics of the twins installed, and had put down 570+hp on the dyno so the Smarty must be on #9.

I never said anything was recommended. Please show me one place I used the word "recommended" in this thread.

Exactly...

I didn't start this thread to start a pissin match dude.. If you don't believe then carry on!! There is plenty of people on here that know me well enough that one.. I don't have to make up the story. and two I'm pretty much known and the Golden Stock Tranny... I believe like stated before John Rodriguez and myself have the highest horsepower out of a stock tranny without imploding or exploding which was my goal in the first place!! To proove the naysayers like your self that it could be done!! If you need I will go take pic's of the stock tranny if that will make you happy... The twins are in my gallery along with the mp-8...
Old 01-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jfranklin
somebody is gettin mad and i love it!!!!
No, I just had to clarify because you were trying to put words in my mouth.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cquestad
Shane...call me tonight...so I can help destroy that tranny.

Cq sorry I missed your call I will call you tomorrow... You've always helped my try to destroy the tranny!!! LOl...

Originally Posted by tcr
AWESOME x3!! I believe it, actually a built auto might have caused you to spin, too much power transfer!
Who was the other guy who had the tranny that wouldn't die, black QC 4x4 SB, w/ stacks??? John Rodriguez, I think??? He beat the crap out of his 48re, burnouts and all videos to prove it!!!

GREAT JOB SHANE!!!!
Thank you sir!!

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
I have been trying to help him with that for awhile also
I stay away from JD!!! He's itching to take my truck for a spin!!!

have you ever sled pulled? how bout you bring that pretty florida highway queen out here and bring a chain with you.
LMWAO!!!

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dude
I don't know Shane, but I have no reason to doubt him. I've seen "under dog" pick-up trucks do some pretty astounding things. I didn't think my wife's little Dodge Dakota would pull my truck out of the side yard when I buried it to the axles the other day, especially when it had to pull through the same muck I was stuck in! Had it nearly sitting right on the nerf bars! It's amazing what a 30' tow strap and a 25' head start can accomplish! Can't say the yard faired too well though.

Wifey and I dipped into Idaho a just bit this summer while on vacation. Fell in love what what little we seen, though we didn't make it much past Idaho Falls. Don't suppose there's any good industrial jobs out that way is there? I'm a crane operator here, but both wifey and I are ready for a change of scenery.
Actually the commercial industry here where I live is screaming.... I am about 200 miles from idaho falls... Much better scenery!!!

so what part of idaho did you see because south of idaho falls is for the most part ugly but north of id falls and west is very nice
Excellent point!!

Originally Posted by cquestad
He is coming from Ohio...anywhere in Idaho trumps that. What till he sees the Sawtooths! or Frank Church or the Trinity's, Owhee's, etc etc.

LOL
I Personally love the stanley basin area and up around salmon too!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jrussell
No, I just had to clarify because you were trying to put words in my mouth.
i believe his story.. and im sure it can be done but who runs around in the snow with a smarty on #9 pulling out semi's with a stock tranny sounds like a rookie thing to do.. but good job.. good story.. now get a tranny and make me proud
Old 01-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jgiachino
If you notice, most of the people posting do have built trans as we know the stock units are junk....i personally wouldnt ever use one again....no one here recommended a stock trans with any mods, much less with the mods shane has....

FYI, if you expect to gain any value from this board, messing with long term members isnt the best approach....

Excellent advice!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Banned

i believe his story.. and im sure it can be done but who runs around in the snow with a smarty on #9 pulling out semi's with a stock tranny sounds like a rookie thing to do.. but good job.. good story.. now get a tranny and make me proud
Well bud I've been running around on a stock tranny and SW#9 and beta 4.4 since about oooh the first week I bought the truck!!! So call me stupid
Old 01-14-2008, 08:46 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
so what part of idaho did you see because south of idaho falls is for the most part ugly but north of id falls and west is very nice
Mountain Home is uglier... please don't ask how I know...

I like McCall myself... Maybe Eagle if pressed. Almost bought there.

Shane: blow up the tranny and be done with it already! Then you can get a Goerends and show me how far I can push that!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by soulezoo
Mountain Home is uglier... please don't ask how I know...

I like McCall myself... Maybe Eagle if pressed. Almost bought there.

Shane: blow up the tranny and be done with it already! Then you can get a Goerends and show me how far I can push that!
I am pretty sure this summer it will involve Mark(53 ******) Jd Dearden and cquestad and a video camera with my truck on rollers or hooked to the queen mary!!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jgiachino
If you notice, most of the people posting do have built trans as we know the stock units are junk....i personally wouldnt ever use one again....no one here recommended a stock trans with any mods, much less with the mods shane has....

FYI, if you expect to gain any value from this board, messing with long term members isnt the best approach....
thanks for the advice
Old 01-14-2008, 08:57 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
I am pretty sure this summer it will involve Mark(53 ******) Jd Dearden and cquestad and a video camera with my truck on rollers or hooked to the queen mary!!
That may tempt me just enough to drive up there to see that. Worth the price of admission I am sure.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by soulezoo
That may tempt me just enough to drive up there to see that. Worth the price of admission I am sure.
FOr sure as long as the tranny exploded in a downward motion and not up through the floor board!!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:49 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
FOr sure as long as the tranny exploded in a downward motion and not up through the floor board!!!!
I'm bringin' extra popcorn!
Old 01-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Banned

i guess you need me to bring the chain because you don't have one
talk about a highway queen
No I have one I just want to use yours to yank your little truck around the block a few times
Old 01-15-2008, 12:05 PM

jfranklin,

Shane is only waiting out for his tranny rebuild. He knows he needs one...and to tell you the truth, when you spend 5-7k for one...you don't much or anything at all left of the stock one but the case! So...even though I would not have done it that way...I don't really care at all that he choose to do it that way...and niether should you.

His truck dynoed 570 CORRECTED at Meridian Motorsports which on average has a 7% correction factor in the summer...so 530 hp uncorrected...puts it right where any big single or twins with a good Smarty program and MP-8 and a 04.5 or newer would be. Simple as that.

Whats wrong with SW-9 and snow? Maybe it's a Florida thing...all the snow and ice experience...but I SEEM to have no issues driving at all WAY TO FAST with 627 hp on snow an ice all winter and staying between the lines.

Your comments are nothing more than a pointless rant/attack to a nice positive member of the DTR.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Banned

I think he is banned ??? i hope not

Quick Reply: I Love My Dodge!!!!