3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

I Love My Dodge!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Love My Dodge!!!!

Well it's been snowing like mad here and we now have 8" inches on the ground!! But anyways I went up to the Travelers Oasis which is 4 miles from my house to follow my wife home to make sure it was ok but the roads to the T.O were good and her subaru outback is killer in the snow so I went to her Grandmother's farm to feed the cat's and what not..

On my way back home I noticed two 18 wheelers on the on ramp jack-knifed and not moving they had traffic backed up and what not so I said "why not" I drove down the on ramp in the wrong direction!! worried the state cop would chew my rear.. but I got to the first truck that was loaded with new cars and he said he was stuck couldn't even get chains on so I said well hook em up!! He laughed and I wasn't kiddin I pulled out my tow strap and hooked it to the front of his truck and on my hitch and said let's go.. He said " well we can try."

Dang I would have liked to been videoing his face!! I put it in four low and got the strap tight now keep in mind me was pretty much jack knifed to begin with so I gave it a little and got some resistance in the strap as soon as I started to slip and grip I gunned it( on a extremely limping trany and smarty on #9!!!) she grunted and pulled the sob clear up the on ramp and into the truck stop!!! He was shaking his head and a lot of other truckers when I pulled in and got stopped!! He got out thanked me and said " Im going to get rid of my ford!!!"

HECK YEAH FELLAS!!!!
Old 01-12-2008, 12:42 PM

I love it when a plan comes together So many doubters...so little time!!
Old 01-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
One word...

AWESOME
Old 01-12-2008, 12:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I woulda been so pumped.... dang I wish you had a vid of that... way cool..
Old 01-12-2008, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by trik396
I woulda been so pumped.... dang I wish you had a vid of that... way cool..
X2 way to go Shane
thats why they call the Cummins a "cummalong"
Old 01-12-2008, 01:47 PM

Way to go!! Printed up your post as well as the replies to leave out on the table this afternoon when my buddy's show up in their Fords to watch the Seahawks play the Packers. I'll get a lot of mileage out of your feat.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:10 PM
wap

Nice story and work Shane, I have been just waitin for my chance to try something like that but I havent seen an stuck 18 wheelers yet.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Banned

I didn't doubt the old girl!!!! I would have given anything to have my camera!!!
Old 01-12-2008, 02:43 PM

Just imagine how much fun you can have once that tranny is up to snuff. Get that sucker rebuilt! BTW, it's about time you came back. I had to pm Mark to make sure you were ok. If I wasn't in the field (with crappy reception) I would have called.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:48 PM

Good job Shane. I was up there this week on business and it was a mess. The Jetta did good but I wished I had the truck on Wednesday when it was drifting on the county roads.

Some of those semi drivers just need to slow down. I was passed by quite a few of them on the highway.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:02 PM

That's awesome - especially if you've ever tried such a feat and understand the magnitude of what Shane did. Once upon a time, I tried to help my dad pull a stuck semi out. He had an 89 k5 blazer with a 350 and I had an 82 Jimmy with a 500hp big block. We both hooked to it and pulled together and we didn't even budge it. Of course, both trucks combined was probably around half of the torque of Shane's truck.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:07 PM

Good going Shane!

I got a good dose of satisfaction just by reading your episode.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by rockcrawler304
One word...

AWESOME
Took the words (or word) right out of my mouth.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
Well it's been snowing like mad here and we now have 8" inches on the ground!! But anyways I went up to the Travelers Oasis which is 4 miles from my house to follow my wife home to make sure it was ok but the roads to the T.O were good and her subaru outback is killer in the snow so I went to her Grandmother's farm to feed the cat's and what not..

On my way back home I noticed two 18 wheelers on the on ramp jack-knifed and not moving they had traffic backed up and what not so I said "why not" I drove down the on ramp in the wrong direction!! worried the state cop would chew my rear.. but I got to the first truck that was loaded with new cars and he said he was stuck couldn't even get chains on so I said well hook em up!! He laughed and I wasn't kiddin I pulled out my tow strap and hooked it to the front of his truck and on my hitch and said let's go.. He said " well we can try."

Dang I would have liked to been videoing his face!! I put it in four low and got the strap tight now keep in mind me was pretty much jack knifed to begin with so I gave it a little and got some resistance in the strap as soon as I started to slip and grip I gunned it( on a extremely limping trany and smarty on #9!!!) she grunted and pulled the sob clear up the on ramp and into the truck stop!!! He was shaking his head and a lot of other truckers when I pulled in and got stopped!! He got out thanked me and said " Im going to get rid of my ford!!!"

HECK YEAH FELLAS!!!!
Old 01-12-2008, 08:02 PM

Great story, but seriously you guys need to keep a camera in your center console.

Camera's dont do any good sitting on your desk.

Keep it in your truck and you will have alot more memory's to look back on when your old.

Quick Reply: I Love My Dodge!!!!