3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

I know, not another exhaust question, but....

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rokktech Silent Might

Originally Posted by MTC
Anybody else have any opinions? I appreciate all replies....so far I have one telling me it'll sound like I want it too, and one saying that it wont make a difference. Like I said, I want to keep the cat for numerous reasons. I will def. check into the accu-seal clamps.
I'm running the Rokktech Silent Might muffler with an Aeroturbine 4040L and there is a small RPM range about 1800 that the drone is a little excessive, but I drive around it. I do not have a kitty on my 03. It's just a little louder than stock in the cab but has a nice deep mellow tone when I get into it. One drawback is that it is not SS just aluminized steel which I painted it B-B-Q heat resistance black. Definitely use the band clamps as it makes it easy to take the exhaust system apart if you do not have the "right" combination.

L8r,..............dogger
Old 08-26-2007, 08:40 AM
MTC

I have a quick side note question...My buddy got the muffler elimination pipe from rpmoutlet( I told him to go to Geno's) and it ended up being approx 6-8 inches too short to match up with the tailpipe section. None of their "help" lines are open during weekends, so he has to wait till Monday and now he has no exhaust from the cat back(except for that short piece of pipe coming out of the cat). Will he hurt anything driving around like that?
Old 08-26-2007, 10:24 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MTC
I have a quick side note question...My buddy got the muffler elimination pipe from rpmoutlet( I told him to go to Geno's) and it ended up being approx 6-8 inches too short to match up with the tailpipe section. None of their "help" lines are open during weekends, so he has to wait till Monday and now he has no exhaust from the cat back(except for that short piece of pipe coming out of the cat). Will he hurt anything driving around like that?
He won't really hurt anything unless that exhaust exit is next to something that the heat could melt. I have driven around with just the downpipe, very annoying, but no harm.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:08 AM
MTC

Originally Posted by soulezoo
He won't really hurt anything unless that exhaust exit is next to something that the heat could melt. I have driven around with just the downpipe, very annoying, but no harm.
Thanks, Ill let him know...he was a little worried about driving around like that.