3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

I hit the track too, but it hit me back..

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Billm2004
well i got it flatbedded to the shop, and i was surprised to find out that the truck would move on its own! not very fast tho. when i put it in drive and got the engine rpms up, it would creep forward. same thing for reverse!

What does that mean? possibly the TC is shot?
Thats what my stocker did when I lost it...I meant to call Dusty when he got it in to see exactly what happened but got busy at work and kinda forgot about it. Im sure it was the converter though...no grinding or other bad noises
Old 05-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Originally Posted by jwb600
I heard from a reliable source that someone had one of those big bad opie trannies break in 3 days, so everything can break but if its under warranty I bet you dusty will make it right.
That wouldn't be luvnacummins would it?
Old 05-14-2008, 02:59 PM

It was no problem of the tranny or builder...just a fluke...that was pulled and replace with a brand new tranny asap...no charge.

Occasionally there are gremlins out there...
Old 05-14-2008, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by cquestad
It was no problem of the tranny or builder...just a fluke...that was pulled and replace with a brand new tranny asap...no charge.

Occasionally there are gremlins out there...

What broke?
Old 05-14-2008, 03:40 PM

For some strange reason...the forward clutchs just ate themselves up...it was almost like the fluid was not there.

I should talk to Dave sometime and get the exact answer. He was soooo befuddled....he kept the entire tranny to inspect, disect, and learn from. Shane got a WHOLE NEW tranny. I think that says alot...since he could have just replaced the frictions.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by cquestad
For some strange reason...the forward clutchs just ate themselves up...it was almost like the fluid was not there.

I should talk to Dave sometime and get the exact answer. He was soooo befuddled....he kept the entire tranny to inspect, disect, and learn from. Shane got a WHOLE NEW tranny. I think that says alot...since he could have just replaced the frictions.
Yep, thats some awesome customer service too(and its also really cool that he kept it to inspect, to see what happened, and maybe a way to prevent it from happening again? if it was more than a fluke?)

Either way, I know where im going, when the time/money comes/allows
Old 05-14-2008, 03:49 PM

I'm getting fluid coming out of the inspection plate, so it looks like I may be getting one sooner than expected.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
I'm getting fluid coming out of the inspection plate, so it looks like I may be getting one sooner than expected.
Is it motor oil or tranny fluid? These truck like to eat rear main seals.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Good for Shane.. Replacing the whole tranny because of the forward clutches is impressive customer service. Probably something simple that cause it
Old 05-14-2008, 04:10 PM

Its pretty watery, but it is dirty. I guess I need to do the paper trick?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:17 PM

I just had the same problem that your talking about and thought that it was my tranny and it ended up being the rear seal. So I bet that is wha's happening to yours.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by WYODSL
I just had the same problem that your talking about and thought that it was my tranny and it ended up being the rear seal. So I bet that is wha's happening to yours.

Okay, sounds like that may be it. How difficult are they to change? Is it something that can wait a while? It takes a few days to develop a drip after I clean it up.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:32 PM

Dave even told me that I didnt need a intermediate shaft unless I was doing sled pulls or really heavy towing. I would think he would have put one in there if he was worried about boosted launches on mine or his. I did tell him I would be doing them!
Old 05-14-2008, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Billm2004
well i got it flatbedded to the shop, and i was surprised to find out that the truck would move on its own! not very fast tho. when i put it in drive and got the engine rpms up, it would creep forward. same thing for reverse!

What does that mean? possibly the TC is shot?
Wow didnt you just get it runnin a few weeks ago? Sorry for yer luck man. Threads like this make me glad I have a 6spd.....then againthreas about trucks runnin low 12's or high elevens make me wish I had an auto.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:55 PM

drained the pan/converter. looks like a candy metal flake paint paint job in the pan! the transfer case is out and so are the converter bolts and hopefully ill have time to drop the tranny tonight. my dad dropped my kid sister off with me 2 days ago so i havent had a lot of time to work on it. Im hoping to get it sent out by tomorrow afternoon.

Quick Reply: I hit the track too, but it hit me back..