3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

I have my tax return and cant decide which box to get

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have my tax return and cant decide which box to get

I was wanting opinions from people owning 03 04's With Boxes. Whats the best combo? So far im leaning towards TST and stacking with my EZ. Id like to use more of a timing type box rather then keep abusing the fuel system with high fuel pressure all the time.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:40 PM

I second the TST pluz EZ. I keep my EZ on 3 so it doesn't increase the pressure too high. I think this is one of the best combinations for power and low egts. Some of the other chips that have GPS functionality are cool too, but the fueling isn't the same.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Banned

The TST and EZ are a really good stack.

I would also look at the TS Performance MP8 which would also help with your pressure concerns.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:53 PM

TST EZ Stack

A friend has this stack on his '03 and his EGT's Rocket fast. Truck pulls like a monster for a short period of time then the box cuts back the fuel because EGT's get to high. What is the deal with this. He has 5" exhaust, a cool air intake, and the TST EZ stack. Plus his Auto Trans has been replaced 3 times because he burns them up putting to much power to it. My question is, is this just a problem that he is having with his truck or is this common for this stack. If that is the case I would not recommend that stack because you really don't get to enjoy the additional power (However your truck will SMOKE LIKE A COAL TRAIN) and maybe just get the Juice Box with Attitude monitor. It will monitor for Trans slip and cut back power so you don't burn up trans so fast, EGT's don't get that high, plus you get to enjoy your power all they way through the RPM Range.

My .02
Old 03-03-2006, 01:38 PM

Juice is a nice box. But I wouldn't count on it (100%) to save your transmission. I think it can detect some slip and reduce fueling, but ANY slip is bad.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:09 PM

With my EZ on 3 and the TST regular program on 5/8 when I had the stock turbo, I could stomp my 6 speed from zero to 108mph and never get too hot. Maybe it's different with the auto?
Old 03-03-2006, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Flyinhigh79
A friend has this stack on his '03 and his EGT's Rocket fast. Truck pulls like a monster for a short period of time then the box cuts back the fuel because EGT's get to high. What is the deal with this. He has 5" exhaust, a cool air intake, and the TST EZ stack. Plus his Auto Trans has been replaced 3 times because he burns them up putting to much power to it. My question is, is this just a problem that he is having with his truck or is this common for this stack. If that is the case I would not recommend that stack because you really don't get to enjoy the additional power (However your truck will SMOKE LIKE A COAL TRAIN) and maybe just get the Juice Box with Attitude monitor. It will monitor for Trans slip and cut back power so you don't burn up trans so fast, EGT's don't get that high, plus you get to enjoy your power all they way through the RPM Range.

My .02
All that is great but it takes more than an exhaust and intake upgrade to successfully run a stack like that. He's replaced the auto 3 times because the stock auto isnt strong enough to handle the TST by itself. Do a search on auto trannies and youll find plenty to keep yourself busy for awhile. Second, the stock turbo is not big enough for this stack. He needs to upgrade to something like one of the Super Phat Shaft turbos from Industrial Injection or a similar turbo or twins. Thats why his EGT's are so high. Throwing a couple boxes on an otherwise stock truck is the best way to break things.

Trending Topics

Old 03-03-2006, 05:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With the PS62/14 TST on 5/5 and the EZ on 1, 2, or 3.......I could bury the egts to 1600.

The TST by itself gets plenty hot.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

The TST is sweet I Dynoed 420 hp 845 TQ on 6/6 7/7 my clutch was smoking, and then the enging was missing {didn't have the pusher pump yet}
Installed a Luke clutch , pusher pump and clutch slipps on 9/9 And yes, egts run a little hI