3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

I have the best wife.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking I have the best wife.

I have been wanting to bomb my truck for a while now but have managed to resist the erdge to do so. My mane reso other than warenty was that we are trying to do as much remodeling on our house as posible before we have kids. Our next big project was windows and a new source of heat before next winter. I have been looking and drooling over the Juice/Attitude and Six gun for a while now but just cant cough up the money at the time for either. My wife and I are on a Church commitee with a guy who is a John Deere Diesel tech and a avid Dodge/Cummins nut. He has a 05 with the six gun and has a Palm pilot for it on order. He came across some used toys for me a few weeks ago and I turned them down due to needing to save the money for windows. Well the other nite I was out in the driveway washing our ATVs and she came out of the house and asked for help unloading the trunk of her car. When I got there she asked me to grab the box because it was to heavy for her. I became a little suspisious(SP) when I seen how little the box was. I asked her what it was and she just said take it out and see. When I opened it, it was all the stuff I had turned down the other week. She got me a Bully Dog Tourque Dog, Airaid filter, and Gages with a new thermo couple. The gages are a 2 in 1 gage in a piller mount. It is EGT and Boost. The filter was only used for 1 week before he upgraded to a full cold air system. Now for the questions. Like I said this stuff is all used and there are no papers with any of it but the new thermo couple. I will start with the box. Is there anything I need to know abought it before I plug it in and have codes start poping up? How does it work, Presure, Timing, Duration? all? Any known hickups with this box? Will my stock cluch hold it? It has 3 setings. Acording to the guy at church they are 0,50 and 100 horse. Now for the gages. Are there any other ones that I need? Whats the top end on EGTs? I want to stay on the conservative side but I also want to know the extreem top end that way I can stay clear of it. Do I need a boost elbo or are they not nesasary for these newer trucks? Like I said this stuff is all used and some people may not think this is that big of a deal but for me it is awsome. I have a hard time justifying adding toys to $40,000 toy. My wife is the best.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Muted User

Location: "The Peoples Republic of Illinois".....behind enemy lines
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does she have a single sister!!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 09:53 PM

as far as the Torque dog, I would call Bullydog, and they should be able to fax/email you directions...

Luck dog, wifes buys your bombs....
Old 06-07-2005, 10:03 PM

my wife was pretty cool too,,until the night at the track,she got to ride with me for the first time,,made it too the third gear shift and the tranny went up in smoke,,,,,,,she was not a big fan of my racing anymore after that one ,,,,shes gonna kill me if she finds out when i start bombing my 05 ........bama
Old 06-07-2005, 10:08 PM

Ive had several freinds over the past 5 years weve been maried ask if she has a sister, but sorry nope.

Thanks Ill give them a call. I looked threw there web site and dident find much on it.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Chapter President

Congrats on the cool stuff
Old 06-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Banned

WOW!!! Now that's an awesome wife. Congrats on the new toys. I know you'll enjoy them.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:21 PM

You definitely have a good wife!!! Take good care of her!!!!
Old 06-08-2005, 07:50 AM

A keeper!
Old 06-08-2005, 10:00 AM

It's great when your woman knows how to please you.... and we are just boys with expensive toys. Good story.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:32 AM

Lucky DOG!.... I must say I am in the same boat..... told my wife I was going out shopping while she went to drop the kids off for their weekend with their father.... she came home and saw the new CTD in the driveway... and there was no about it..... even got some action that night.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:24 PM

If I were you, I would start with the gauges, you lucky dog!
Old 06-11-2005, 12:31 PM

It just keeps getting better. Now she let me buy diferent rims and tires for the truck. I bought them from the same guy she got all my other toys from. They are used but nice just the same. I have been serching the web for a while trying to decide exactly what rim they are and I think they are Helo Max 6's but my brother disagrees. Either way around they are close to them. They have 295-70-17 Nitto Tera Graplers on them. Now I am serching for flares. I need them fast so if you know of any good flares check out my post on that subject.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:44 PM

but you could have had mine, she left ten years ago, partially because I bought a $159 computer part. The part did not work out either. All was well though, she left the dogs here.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:21 AM

Had a buddy with a wife like yours.It wasn't until he found out how she paid for it then he wasn't too happy

Quick Reply: I have the best wife.