3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

I gotta curveball for you canister mod guys!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I gotta curveball for you canister mod guys!

well my AD150 came today so get truck in shop and pull the bed with the lift. I get the top of the tank good and clean unhook the feed lines and sending unit wires. Pll out the canister and it is COMPLETELY different than all the ones 53Willys, Fisherguy, and others have posted pictures of. So i pretty much have to rethink the ideas i had before. The bottom of the canister has a sump enclosure that the suction tube hooks up to and the rest of the bottom of the canister is SOLID no flapper valve with holes under it. So now I think i will have to take it apart and either cut the sump out leaving about a 1.5" feed hole with the screen under it. Which was not doing a very good job BTW, it had a bunch of sludge on top side of screen, and find a sock to put on end of draw straw. really dont have any better ideas than that yet other than put the draw tube outside of canister. ANY IDEAS!?
TOP OF CANISTER
I gotta curveball for you canister mod guys!-topcanister.jpg
Side shot Different than everyone elses!
I gotta curveball for you canister mod guys!-canister.jpg
Bottom Screen w/sludge on both sides!
I gotta curveball for you canister mod guys!-bottomcanister.jpg
Old 12-10-2008, 07:44 AM

If I'm not mistaken it is because yours is an 03. The ones that the rest of us are modding are the newer ones. I don't know much about your style, I'm sure some more people will chime in, but unless you have done the factory in-tank replacement pump, your housing is basically just a draw straw.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
they changed cansiters on the trucks they started putting the in tank pump in. 06 and newer are like what 53 has in his pics.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
they changed cansiters on the trucks they started putting the in tank pump in. 06 and newer are like what 53 has in his pics.
what would you recommend us 03 drivers to do to our canisters??..i am fixin to install the AD150 in my 03
Old 12-10-2008, 09:33 AM

Kbdvulcan see my other thread "03 AD Canister mod" thats how i modified mine sorry missed a few key photos but once i get started its hard to stop and take pictures! haha