3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

I got SPANKED by a ford !

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! A month in line waiting to be towed into the Ford store for repairs!
Old 01-03-2006, 05:06 PM

I have raced a new Ford 6.0. He had edge juice on it, so he thought that he wanted to race. He grabbed the left lane at the stop light, and I was a little nervous. I heard they were fast, but BOY WAS I WRONG. He got me about a truck length out of the hole, but then I came on strong. I blew by him like he was sitting still. He had a blank look on his face. Man was that a Kodak moment! I let off of it so that he could catch up with me. He gave me the thumbs up. Good sportsmanship.

I have a 2005 Dodge Cummins Ramble Bee, Yellow with a turbo bee, with TST twins, Crazy Larry, and FAZZ for right now with more coming. I drive the yellow bus.

Ramble Bee
Old 01-03-2006, 06:10 PM

intake and exhaust will def help. i know that when i had my stock intake on with sixgun installed the vaccum gauge on the air box always read high blockage....and we all know that the stock muffler is restrictive as well...you probably will not pick up 7 lengths...but it will help some
Old 01-03-2006, 06:46 PM

you said you were only warmed upto 140-160?? Thats the problem. The ferd 6.0 is LIGHT...therefore will warm up faster than our 1100 pound 6 cylinders. He was prolly running 180 already!! Plus the tranny is a huge issue!! If you had a perf. tranny in there even with the exact conditions you would prolly make up 4-5 of those lengths!

Before i got my tranny the best i could doo in the 1/4 was 16.8 @ 81. After was 15.34@ 93.45...HUGE DIFFERENCE IMHO
Old 01-03-2006, 07:38 PM

FOrd is a nice truck, cummins is a freight hauler, two differnt trucks for different jobs

we had a 12v cummins on our street, after a few of us complaned of the noise in the mornings, he sold it to a rancher, and the rancher loves it for pulling the horse trailer and now we are all happy
Old 01-03-2006, 08:12 PM

I recently traded my 04 f350 crewcab fx4 dually 6.0 for my 05 2500 4x4 5.9. No doubt the 6.0 ford was fast and all I had was a 4" mbrp turbo back exhaust and a superchip. But it was in the shop all the time. I know my cummins will never be as fast but part of that is the fact that the ford was automatic and my dodge is 6 speed. But the dodge seems to be stronger pulling and that is my main reason for owning a deisel. And the dodge 5.9 will still be running strong when the ford 6.0 is dead.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I been there and done that

Ive had automatic fords put a hurt on me before.. Moderately bombed they sound wicked and run like heck, Ive raced a couple manuals and some stockers, and i can beat them, but dare i pick on a modded one.. NO! That computer controlled turbo is almost an unfair advantage when the truck are empty.. BUT i have pulled against a 6.0 seeminly identical loads, and i can honestly say, my ram pulled the load better, and to top it off, i just pulled one sideways not to long ago hehehehehe

Bottom line, that 6.0 is wicked fast, but it dont pull hard until much higher in the RPM range, nothing like our cummins.. Horses of different colors no doubt.. If they can work the bugs outta that engine, id say it will eventually even compete with a super modded 12V.. but thats just my opinion...

(after twins, and so forth.. then well talk... ) hehehehe

But i think i need at least 75-100 rwhp more to row a manual and keep up with an auto
Old 01-03-2006, 08:28 PM

i havent raced any ford diesels yet(doesnt seem to be many diesel enthusiest around here) but i did race a supercharged mustang gt with a bunch of other mods, spun past him and pulled about a truck length ahead til about 70- 75mph then he blew by me , i was on 1:1 cause i need to up grade to a fass or something, anyways not to bad :
Old 01-03-2006, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Peterbilt
In the new Diesel Power magazine, Edge's racing Dodge Ram turns the quarter in the 6 second range. 1100 Hp and 2500 torque.

Pete
This is what they WANT and to my knowledge haven't backed it up with a real run and remember this truck doesn't weight what ours do, the fastest real trucks are in the 10's

Fredw...... buy some ear plugs that's the sound of power
Old 01-03-2006, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Goggleyed
. Poor bastage is stuck driving the Hummer.

POOR GUY GEEEZ !!!!! HEHAHEHAHEH
Old 01-03-2006, 10:38 PM

have yet to race a ferd...

but handed it to a guy in a infiniti g35 coupe 6spd - guy puled away from the light and only got as far as my front bumper, then he shifted to 2nd, and i blew past him ... i hit 180 and stopped two lights later and he gave me the thumbs up - i think i even had about 500 lbs in the bed!

2005 3500 sport solar yellow debadged with edge juice and afe BHAF.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by crossy
goofing around today after paintball and A young guy there had nice looking ford F250 6.0 P/S . he started it and I could tell it wasn't all stock and we talked and he SAID all he did was add an EDGE w/ monitor (same as me), and a complete MBRP exhaust. I sure an awful like of whirring noise through that exhaust pipe but when we pulled out i waved him beside and we went from a very slow roll and he spanked me. both on #3 setting. I was still only at 140* so we talked a minute and i got up to 160* and we both set at FULL KILL and went back out . he spanked me worse. I'm talking 6-7 lengths in a 1/4mile.
My truck does run better when at 180*+ but not that much better!
I removed my AFE magnum/torque tube and went back to a stock box that is modified so I could hear the radio instead of the turbo whistling all the time, but i am still runnning the stock filter and my exhaust is stone stock. Will a good MBRP and removing the cat do anything for performance(prove it to me). is there a high flow filter for the stock box.? cant be gettin whipped this bad . My budget is limited to a box, exhaust & Air cleaner mods. thanx , DAVE

"GET A ROPE!"
Old 01-04-2006, 09:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crossy
goofing around today after paintball and A young guy there had nice looking ford F250 6.0 P/S . he started it and I could tell it wasn't all stock and we talked and he SAID all he did was add an EDGE w/ monitor (same as me), and a complete MBRP exhaust. I sure an awful like of whirring noise through that exhaust pipe but when we pulled out i waved him beside and we went from a very slow roll and he spanked me. both on #3 setting. I was still only at 140* so we talked a minute and i got up to 160* and we both set at FULL KILL and went back out . he spanked me worse. I'm talking 6-7 lengths in a 1/4mile.
My truck does run better when at 180*+ but not that much better!
I removed my AFE magnum/torque tube and went back to a stock box that is modified so I could hear the radio instead of the turbo whistling all the time, but i am still runnning the stock filter and my exhaust is stone stock. Will a good MBRP and removing the cat do anything for performance(prove it to me). is there a high flow filter for the stock box.? cant be gettin whipped this bad . My budget is limited to a box, exhaust & Air cleaner mods. thanx , DAVE
Again rest assured

YOU WIN.. in the long and short run...

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=87822

There is the proof... have a nice day!

Tx
Old 01-04-2006, 05:56 PM

Guys,
I've owned both and I can tell you that stock the ford is faster off the line, warms up faster due to vgturbo, and has a good 70 to 90 acceleration. I raced a modded ps up a long grade outside Barrie, Ontario. I was towing an empty 48' and he was towing a 16' with lawn equipment. He came up behind me and flashed his lights at the bottom of the grade to pass. I pulled over and let him get beside me. I turned it up to 5/5 and held him all the way up the grade. He was puffing smoke as he tried to get ahead by shifting down. It was 3rd 4th 5th 4th...when we hit the last steeper kilometer I tromped on the go pedal and left him standing. I was locked in 4th the whole time. I was doing 150 km/h by the top and he was 8 of my lengths behind. At the top he pulled in behind me. I pulled into the passing lane and slowed down to 110 to go again and he stayed where he belonged. That's the truth and my buddy beside me will vouch.
I raced another dually which I posted probably with the same title as this thread. I could out out accelerate him but he out topspeeded me. He'd speed up on the downhills to over 180km/hr and I was bouncing off the speed limiter constantly but running a cool 1200. He would let off going up every hill. and we did this back and forth for 20 miles or so. I pulled into a service center behind him and we chatted. He was turning off his key to get the speed limiter off but he couldn't do it uphill as he was running very hot 1400 plus if I remember ....on the downhills. He had an edge or a banks I can't remember but it was on full. He couldn't believe I was keeping up ...he was fast on the downhills and I was faster on the uphills. I have RAD now and I could take him anytime. My f350 defuelled hard on every shift so they are not hard to outrace. ks

FredW, Had a 12v so we complained,
you're such a card. the D'max is a pretty nice truck and quite. ks
Old 01-05-2006, 10:14 PM

I had an 03, F350 6.0 auto. with Superchips tuner, and a Gibson Cat. back dual system. I kept the tuner on 150 all the time. The truck was definitely quick, and I didn't have any problems with the engine. I traded the truck off with less than 20K on the odometer, so maybe I got rid of it just in time. My Dodge pulls really hard, but I think the 6.0 would have out run it. That is partly due to the Ford auto. vs. Dodge 6spd. The Ford does rev. alot easier, and seems more comfortable during 90+ high speed cruises. However with a heavy trailer the Cummins will easily out pull the Ford without having to push it hard, and the Cummins can handle loads of extra power without problems. I was at the Texas Motorplex when the Dr. Performance, Cummins powered Dakota ran a 8.70 something thru the 1/4. That was really impressive.

Quick Reply: I got SPANKED by a ford !