3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

I got SPANKED by a ford !

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 06:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I got SPANKED by a ford !

goofing around today after paintball and A young guy there had nice looking ford F250 6.0 P/S . he started it and I could tell it wasn't all stock and we talked and he SAID all he did was add an EDGE w/ monitor (same as me), and a complete MBRP exhaust. I sure an awful like of whirring noise through that exhaust pipe but when we pulled out i waved him beside and we went from a very slow roll and he spanked me. both on #3 setting. I was still only at 140* so we talked a minute and i got up to 160* and we both set at FULL KILL and went back out . he spanked me worse. I'm talking 6-7 lengths in a 1/4mile.
My truck does run better when at 180*+ but not that much better!
I removed my AFE magnum/torque tube and went back to a stock box that is modified so I could hear the radio instead of the turbo whistling all the time, but i am still runnning the stock filter and my exhaust is stone stock. Will a good MBRP and removing the cat do anything for performance(prove it to me). is there a high flow filter for the stock box.? cant be gettin whipped this bad . My budget is limited to a box, exhaust & Air cleaner mods. thanx , DAVE
Old 01-02-2006, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of his advantage is in his torque converter and weight. Can't believe you got spanked so bad by a ferd...but I don't know what the boxes do for each. I haven't met a moderately bombed ferd I couldn't go around but dmaxes with a box are a handful. I forget how bad the truck was before my tranny mods. Thanks for reminding me. ks
Old 01-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Banned

And next week his truck will be in the shop for puking and new head gaskets. Or maybe his turbo will blow up. Who will win the race then ?
Old 01-02-2006, 07:15 PM

Don't mean to jump off topic but what marker do you shoot? 6 year veteran here.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:52 PM

I saw a Ford at the track that was just an extended cab run a 13.99. He said Air intake and exhuast and a Banks Six gun w/speedloader. The 6.0 can be fast thats for sure
Old 01-02-2006, 07:59 PM

Edge

Originally Posted by crossy
goofing around today after paintball and A young guy there had nice looking ford F250 6.0 P/S . he started it and I could tell it wasn't all stock and we talked and he SAID all he did was add an EDGE w/ monitor (same as me), and a complete MBRP exhaust. I sure an awful like of whirring noise through that exhaust pipe but when we pulled out i waved him beside and we went from a very slow roll and he spanked me. both on #3 setting. I was still only at 140* so we talked a minute and i got up to 160* and we both set at FULL KILL and went back out . he spanked me worse. I'm talking 6-7 lengths in a 1/4mile.
My truck does run better when at 180*+ but not that much better!
I removed my AFE magnum/torque tube and went back to a stock box that is modified so I could hear the radio instead of the turbo whistling all the time, but i am still runnning the stock filter and my exhaust is stone stock. Will a good MBRP and removing the cat do anything for performance(prove it to me). is there a high flow filter for the stock box.? cant be gettin whipped tt his bad . My budget is limited to a box, exhaust & Air cleaner mods. thanx , DAVE
I think most of your problem was the warm up,...or lack of it. Check your EDGE manual and you'll find that at 140* your getting only 25% (think that's right, if memory isn't failing) and you don't get 100% of your Juice till a full 180*. That's a lot of difference bro. Get her good and warm and then run that guy and tell us what happened.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:16 PM

I saw a 2006 Ford F250 Crew cab auto 6.0 with the sticker still in the window. The only mods were a BD Multi. It raced a 2006 Mustang GT with sticker still in window. The F250 turned 13.90 - 13.95 consistant. The best the Stag did was 14.90. SOME RACE!!!!!!!!

Bill
Old 01-03-2006, 02:28 AM

The couple of times I jumped on a 6.0(even one with 5 workers/English WAS NOT the first language,wheel barrows and a dash covered in paperwork)They whipped my butt!
Old 01-03-2006, 05:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
I think most of your problem was the warm up,...or lack of it. Check your EDGE manual and you'll find that at 140* your getting only 25% (think that's right, if memory isn't failing) and you don't get 100% of your Juice till a full 180*. That's a lot of difference bro. Get her good and warm and then run that guy and tell us what happened.
remember he's running the same box as me and was at same temp. and yes I did laugh a little knowing he has no prayer of that thing making even 200K before major problems. I think I'm going to make mine pretty -errr i mean more manly looking before I worrry about running 13's with mine.
I HEARD them ford guys talking about 13's with just the 3 major mods but I think this truck is high 14's cause of the 37's he has on it. mine is high 15 sec. rig and i still think that is a feat in itself.
I know it would be better off if the tranny shifted earlier RPM into each gear. it really hangs onto 3rd too long.
I think after hearing that P/S though that I really want to straight pipe the cat and add an MBRP too.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:11 AM

I saw a 2006 Ford F250 Crew cab auto 6.0 with the sticker still in the window. The only mods were a BD Multi. It raced a 2006 Mustang GT with sticker still in window. The F250 turned 13.90 - 13.95 consistant. The best the Stag did was 14.90. SOME RACE!!!!!!!!
That mustang driver must not of known what he was doing.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. About time when your Cummins gets broken in he will be on his 3rd rebuild.

MikeyB
Old 01-03-2006, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you were not warmed up enough. I just installed my juice last week. I am on 37's so I notice the differenace in traction alot. I don't get any wheel spin on level 3 at 140-160. once it is warmed up 180-190 if I just nail it out of the hole it will lite them up into second as well. It does not fell like my tranny likes level 5 at all so I don't use that yet. I get no spin on that setting so I think the tranny is slipping.

I am not saying you would have won but it might have been closer. I don't know how much you would gain with exhaust and filter but it would be faster than stock that is for sure. I think the dodge tranny leaves alot on the table. my next money spent will be there. In level 5 it feels like there is a ton of power just does not seem like the tranny likes to put it to the ground very well.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:31 AM

The 6.0's are very fast, and sound sweet, but he probably has his truck in the shop today, after trying to race you!! Trust me i just got rid of an 03 6.0 for a 06 CTD. No speed comparison (especially since i went from an auto to a 6speed), but the cummins is hands down more reliable and probably pulls better in my opinion. The edge/attitude platinum really makes them fords scream, and i had a MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust on mine too, really gonna miss that sound. No matter what you do to your exhaust it will never sound that cool, i wish i could make mine sound like my ford used to, but it just ain't gonna happen!!!
Old 01-03-2006, 12:11 PM

In the new Diesel Power magazine, Edge's racing Dodge Ram turns the quarter in the 6 second range. 1100 Hp and 2500 torque.

Pete
Old 01-03-2006, 01:09 PM

Don't feel to bad. My neighbor has a brand new F250 6.oh HD Edition. He immediately lifted it, installed propane & a six gun. The first run on the dyno grenaded a head. The truck has been in his driveway for a month now. Poor bastage is stuck driving the Hummer.

Quick Reply: I got SPANKED by a ford !