3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

I gave the 200 HP diablo tune a try.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I gave the 200 HP diablo tune a try.

I asked them for it and I got it today and gave it a try. I honestly feel very lttle difference between this and my standard extreme. I get roughly the same boost however I did notice that it makes a lot more timing rattle with the juice compared to regular extreme, so it must have more timing. I'm starting to wonder if my rail pressure is alright since I thought this tune added some but it is the same as always at about 162 MPa max. well just thought I'd share my experience.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:52 AM

I hear good things about diablosport stuff on the 03 trks. morkable put down nice numbers with diablosport/hot juice stack. I thought of trying the diablosport stack with the puck.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:07 AM

Get the guys at diablosport to give you the extreme stacking tune. It works much better than the extreme regular tune with the edge. And if you get alot of rattle after that just tell them and they will write you another one

kevin
Old 04-14-2007, 04:09 AM
Chapter President

I will be trying the same stack as Mork in a couple weeks as soon as Edge gets my Juice upgraded, and with the added benifit of nitrous. Will let you guys know what it does on the dyno and track.

By the way Kevin, you ever get your CP3 yet?
Old 04-14-2007, 04:21 AM

Its time to start straping these 03-04's w/ Diablo stacks to the rollers and show some good numbers.

Lots of us are waiting to see some good numbers before we all jump.

Goodluck
Old 04-14-2007, 06:50 AM
Chapter President

And what, 536hp/1187tq #2 only on a stock cp3, smallish 62/14, and winter fuel is chump change? And still on the regular Juice and not the "HOT".
Old 04-14-2007, 03:02 PM

No, not yet,, Barry is waiting for some stuff from floor it and DonM. Seems to be really delayed, I can hardly wait, tracks open here on the 12th of may. I am really hoping to have it installed and tuned by then.

I hit 632 with the hot juice and the normal stacking tune, it is much stronger now with the new "extreme stacker tune" I also got a nitrous kit to install (depending on how fast I run at the first meet)

Kevin
Old 04-14-2007, 04:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by morkable
No, not yet,, Barry is waiting for some stuff from floor it and DonM. Seems to be really delayed, I can hardly wait, tracks open here on the 12th of may. I am really hoping to have it installed and tuned by then.

I hit 632 with the hot juice and the normal stacking tune, it is much stronger now with the new "extreme stacker tune" I also got a nitrous kit to install (depending on how fast I run at the first meet)

Kevin
Are you changing out your injectors for Fluxs?
Old 04-14-2007, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by morkable

Kevin
really? i thought barry was a big industrial injection fan. what happened? (injectors, pumps) james
Old 04-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Chapter President

Hey Mork, didn't you try other settings? If so, what did you lay down with Extreme Stacker/Edge level 4???
Old 04-14-2007, 09:04 PM

Mine does not sound bad with the regular extreme tune stacked with the juice. I do however think that it may be draining the rail up top since smoke does not clear up as well as it once did and boost is the same. Oh well I still love the stack and I need to get my hew clutch in.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:06 PM

Wow I just had a weird occurence with the 200 HP tune loaded. I started it tonight and let it run for about a minute before I took off. Engine temp was about 70'. I tried to accelerate and it stared to timing rattle really bad when RPM reached about 1700 then the truck would no longer accelerate at 1900 and kind of missed. It continued to do this and the only way to rev it higher was to accelerate very, very gradually. Doing this wiould keep the rattle and missing away. Then I got on a raod where I could run 45 so I did in 5th with slight timing rattle until the engine temp reached 150' at which point the truck quieted down and ran completely normal. This change happened very suddenly it did not fade away. I'm wodering if diablo built a limiter in to protect a cold engine or ?. I have never had this happen before with any other tunes. this tune felt better today than yesterday and gave me boost up to around 40 PSI and was quite capable of slipping my weakened clutch. I like the tune more now but the timing rattle missing thing has me concerned, so I put the performance tune back in for now. I was just wondering if anyone had any similiar experiences.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:50 PM

I'm still wondering if anyone experienced syptoms like this with the 200 HP tune.
Thanks
Old 04-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Banned

i don't have experience with this particular tune but thats the way i always have to drive my truck....can't go past 1/4 throttle til its warm or it rattles horribly. If it doesn't rattle warm, i'd say you are ok. Heck, ive been driving like that since January.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:16 AM

Barry is just trying some new stuff from floor it and don m.. I am buying his old IIs CP3.

I am quite happy with my dynomites, going to stick with them for this year, probably go up to some bigger ones next year when I go to compounds and get my roll cage in.

I tried some other settings on the dyno, but I only had the factory stuff in my diablo at that point... and it definatly makes more power on 5 (edge) but with the new extreme stacking tune that Johan wrote for me is way way stronger than the old one, although it took 2 trys to get it to work right. Just by going by the seat of my pants, I would allmost have to think at least 50hp,, I will find out as soon as I get the new pump. Barry is renting a dyno for a full day to fully test out my combo and to test some other stuff that he has right now.

Oh and I have been doing some preliminary testing for egts in the 1/4,, looks good so far, isnt quite hitting 1500 in over a measured 1/4 mile, and according to my attitude ( I know that it isnt accurate before I get jumped on) it was showing 11.8 seconds... So I am quite excited for the tracks to open up. I dont think that I am going to be able to play with nitrous this year,, cant afford the cage

Kevin

Quick Reply: I gave the 200 HP diablo tune a try.