3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

I finally got a new turbo on the truck....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She's definitely making more power now. I turned both boxes off on the way in this morning and once that turbo spools up it's great. Even on my little SO...
Old 01-28-2006, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I finally got my exhaust leak fixed and it was such a nice day here so I decided to try out the new turbo. Very nice power gain but I swear I must have just driven too many really fast cars in my years because I still need more power. Don't get me wrong, the truck hauls now, but I still think my old 95 Trans Am would put a whipping on her if I still had it. 42psi is nice but I finally looked at my EGT guage while I was pushing it and the temps were closing in on 1500 degrees!! Wow! I have never seen temps anywhere near that and I thought the temps would go down with the better turbo. She still gives me a nice plume of smoke when I first hammer it but it clears up pretty quick once the turbo spools. It was making much more smoke before the turbo so it has helped there.
One strange thing though. When I dynod the truck last, I made my best pull w/ the VA on high and the Quad box on the 100hp setting. Power fell a little putting the Quad box on the 140hp setting. Now, there is absolutely no doubt that it makes more power with both boxes on the high setting when you are going down the road. I'm thinking that the stock turbo just couldn't handle having both boxes on high but I would swear that even w/ the stocker it felt stronger. I don't know! I can't wait to get it on the rollers again.......

Thanks Timinva! It's tranny time............