3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

I dynoed my truck yesterday @ Scheids.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tritont
I didn't do too bad on the dyno at Scheid either. You must have been there later in the day as I didn't see you run.

My engine is brand new and I really had no chance to do and tuning to it. My speed limiter held th truck back from seeing over 600hp. I was still able to put down...

591hp 1173tq

You may have seen my name up on the chart... I made the third run Friday morning.

I hope to have some better number here in a couple weeks and the Mopar event in Commerce. Dave's dyno runs are free there !!

very nice numbers you have there for sure. All I heard from the Scheid folks and Dave was how only a few years back 300 to 400hp was some extreme power and it blows them away to see the numbers being put down now.
591 / 1173 are pretty awesome numbers.
Nothing to be upset about at all!

What setup are you running if I may ask?

There was no tuning to mine either.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
591 / 1173 are pretty awesome numbers.
Nothing to be upset about at all!

What setup are you running if I may ask?

There was no tuning to mine either.
I updated my sig so you can see what I'm running. I was a little upset with those numbers because it cost me $75 for the run but couldn't get the numbers I should have because of the limiter. Like you said though... not to bad for no tuning.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:40 AM

I dyno at scheid yesterday for the first time and put out 381/1041.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:52 AM

I updated my sig so you can see what I'm running. I was a little upset with those numbers because it cost me $75 for the run but couldn't get the numbers I should have because of the limiter. Like you said though... not to bad for no tuning.
Great numbers for the charger you have.
I would upgrade to a larger unit and you'll be set.

I figured for your high torque numbers either you had twins or a smaller charger.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rynemurch
I dyno at scheid yesterday for the first time and put out 381/1041.
Not bad at all for a basically stock truck. Your tranny must have been screaming in pain though with all that TQ
Old 08-26-2007, 11:58 AM

Not bad at all for a basically stock truck. Your tranny must have been screaming in pain though with all that TQ
I was surprize what my TQ was I thought it would of been around 800 for what I got.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
Great numbers for the charger you have.
I would upgrade to a larger unit and you'll be set.

I figured for your high torque numbers either you had twins or a smaller charger.
Yeah, I wasn't sure where that TQ came from either. The tuning I need to do is with the injectors and turbo. I went with Extruded Hone tips because of the cost and the fact that several injector vendors do the same thing but charge over 1K. The tips only cost me $235 honed to 60% which is around 100hp.

The turbo I really wasn't sure about. It's got some power behind it for sure and I know if I went bigger, it would barely be drivable on the street. It takes a lot to get it spool as is. Twins are in the works and likely some Flux. Now that the top and bottom end are built to the hilt.... I won't be to worried about the larger components.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:16 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I wasn't sure where that TQ came from either. The tuning I need to do is with the injectors and turbo. I went with Extruded Hone tips because of the cost and the fact that several injector vendors do the same thing but charge over 1K. The tips only cost me $235 honed to 60% which is around 100hp.

The turbo I really wasn't sure about. It's got some power behind it for sure and I know if I went bigger, it would barely be drivable on the street. It takes a lot to get it spool as is. Twins are in the works and likely some Flux. Now that the top and bottom end are built to the hilt.... I won't be to worried about the larger components.
I know many vendors use the Extrude Hone process, but they are NOT all created equally. The differences are night and day. Speed limiters will getcha everytime. Yank the fuses and try ity again.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:18 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BTW, Nice numbers for you and Justin
Old 08-26-2007, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Don M
Thanks Don!
Probably would have been better with a set of your injectors in the truck but I just havent had time to swap out the old set yet!
Old 08-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Banned

Thanks Don. I figured as I said, because of the price for the tips and the fact that Garmon uses them in all his stuff... they might be worth looking into. They seem to do well but under load, my truck smokes like crazy on almost all the Smarty settings I've tried so far.

I've talked to Bob about getting some Flux already but, I kinda needed some expert advice as to what size. The twins won't happen right away so based on what you see I have and keeping some drivability in mind... can you or anyone make a suggestion ??
Old 08-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Don M
Speed limiters will getcha everytime. Yank the fuses and try ity again.
I got on Scheids Mustang dyno after Dave's just to see what the difference would be. Scheid's dyno only goes to 500hp but, I had heard they got new software to take it to 1000HP. Well, they didn't, Mike that works with Dave said they could hear truck slipping from where they were.

I did take the fuse out for that run but, they could get enough out of their dyno for me to see if it worked.

Do you know if it's the fuse in the engine compartment label " ABS pump " That's the one I pulled and didn't look for any others.

Sorry Justin... I didn't mean to be jacking your thread.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:44 PM

I put down 1140 on the torque but not the hp I was looking for either. but next time its gonna have what I want. just may be next summer until it does.
lots of nice trucks there and it was nice to see some members there. very good to see members ramble bee, haloman, wfo crew
Old 08-26-2007, 01:00 PM

pourindiesel was excited. he told me about 3k times that he dynoed 675. nice numbers justin. shows me I need some parts you have
Old 08-26-2007, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by jwb600
pourindiesel was excited. he told me about 3k times that he dynoed 675. nice numbers justin. shows me I need some parts you have
Best part was when you asked for my autograph.

Yeah, I had fun ribbing you all day about it!

What hp number did you end up with Jess?

Quick Reply: I dynoed my truck yesterday @ Scheids.....