3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

I did it! What else do I need to know?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did it! What else do I need to know?

Thanks for the all the info that you all give out freely on here. This site is a wealth of info. I took the advice of others on here about exhaust (my post from a few days ago) and went with an MBRP muffler delete pipe instead of the 5" exhaust. I did, however, put on the 5" tip, AFE stage II intake (couldn't help myself) and . . . incredibly, have the Edge Juice w/ Attitude (monitor) - all of which are coming on Monday. Okay, here's the deal. My performance shop that does all the work on my truck is doing most of the work (except the intake). Not because I'm incompetent, but because I don't want to fool with it and I have the money (no wife, no kids, extra money). Here's my price list, and please tell me if I got a decent deal (I believe I did) - MBRP pipe and install, 80.00; 5" tip and install (cake) 45.00 - Edge Juice w/Attitude and new pillar for the monitor, plus install (795.00). I was nervous about putting the Edge on right now, but after a lengthy discussion with the folks at our local dealership I got the word that "officially" they don't do work on "modded" trucks; unofficially they would have to "prove" that the modifications caused any problems. I am not running the truck turned up high (more than 40-50 hp), period . . . not until it's out of warranty and I do make sure that everyone is kosher. With all of that said, is there anything that I need to know about what I should or shouldn't do with my current setup? I don't want to mess up the truck, so I want to make sure that the setup I have will run what I'm planning on doing. As it sits right now, am I SAFE running my truck as I have it? Any comments, advice or suggestions you all have would be much appreciated (except that I should have gone with Bully Dog or some other chip . . . because I looked at all of them). Thanks guys.

Thomas
Old 10-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Banned

You should be safe and your prices seem reasonable, you should be happy with your purchases, but now you have the curse and once you fell that power who knows what your foot will want to buy next. . My foot is directly related to how empty my wallet is.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:25 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CReed
You should be safe and your prices seem reasonable, you should be happy with your purchases, but now you have the curse and once you fell that power who knows what your foot will want to buy next. . My foot is directly related to how empty my wallet is.
Xs 2......
Old 10-03-2007, 09:38 PM

Might as well put a x3 in there-nearly everything in my sig I added since I found this site, so the way I figure, everyone owes me some $, or we need to start a Dodgeaholics Anonymous program (its pronounced DA, or Duh!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:41 PM

My '04 makes 464 HP with 35" tires with your setup (and a FASS pump)
Old 10-04-2007, 12:12 AM

Welcome to the darkside. Just kidding, If you don't drive it like you stole it all the time, any pay attention to what you're doing, that truck ought to last you as long as you take care of it. You sound like you are doing your homework.
Wood
Old 10-04-2007, 07:32 AM

Well, I'm trying to do my homework. I'm sort of addicted to doing stuff and getting stuff done to the truck. My fiance (girlfriend of 4 years) and I broke up about 6 months ago and my truck is like a beautiful new girlfriend that I actually like buying stuff for The cool thing is that I can turn her on anytime I want, and when I'm done all I have to do is turn her off . . . and she never, ever complains, although she might squeak a bit when I turn her off, which is understandable because she doesn't want me to go. haha

Thomas
Old 10-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Chapter President

Sounds like you need your fiance back.....
Old 10-04-2007, 04:03 PM

I need her back like I need a hole in the head . . . like continually trying to fix a truck that just keeps on breaking down. Sooner or later you have to take your medicine and buy a new ride (so to speak)

Thomas
Old 10-04-2007, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Price_Dog
I need her back like I need a hole in the head . . . like continually trying to fix a truck that just keeps on breaking down. Sooner or later you have to take your medicine and buy a new ride (so to speak)

Thomas
So you need her back like you need a Ford 6.0..............