3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

huge mpgs'

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 5lonestar9
the mpg has not been reconfigured for my 35s' either.thats what my overhead said. and i"m too lazy to figure out what i'm really getting...
Got that one figured out

Just don't go tellin' everybody you know you get 24-27 miles to the gallon, just makes ya look like a

It's possible you do get decent milage. Why don't you just hand calculate it so you know what it really gets
Old 11-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Reitman
asking for true mpg does not make one a hater...
Nah, I was talking about his programmer set up... I am not a banks fan at all, but if that's what he likes...
Old 11-10-2008, 09:13 PM

You don't have to hand calculate it, just tell us what your trip OD is at when you reach 1/4 fuel mark... I am guessing around 350-375 area...
Old 11-10-2008, 09:15 PM

When I reset my overhead after a fill up and it reads 24mpg when that tank is empty that is roughly 18-18.5 mpg. Thats with the Smarty of course. I have hand calculated every tank since new. Just thought I would share.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:42 AM

I had the banks on my truck for about a year. Then I switched to what I have now (Smarty/TST). I got better mileage using the banks -- hand calculated. But the power I have now is 2x more than what the banks could ever produce.

Perhaps if I let off the power I'd get more MPG!

Nothing wrong with Banks PDA. It was fancy to look at.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:46 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by Asher
You don't have to hand calculate it, just tell us what your trip OD is at when you reach 1/4 fuel mark... I am guessing around 350-375 area...
If his speedo is not calibrated, the odometers are off.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:12 AM

Tell you what, Mr. Lonestar...

Fill your tank and reset your trip meter. Drive a full tank. Fill your truck again, divide the mileage by the gallons used and you will get close to your actual mileage.

Figure about 1/2 of what you're quoting us from your overhead...
Old 11-11-2008, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Asher
LOL, my truck is on E at 350!
Old 11-11-2008, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by JCLeary
LOL, my truck is on E at 350!
ouch i'm currently trying to find the perfect setting w/ my smarty PoD and am seeing a little over 300mi(between 300mi-310mi) and i have a little bit more than 1/2 tank left. that's driving empty on country roads in western pa, where there isn't a straight or flat road anyware. i have tnt sw9 tim2 tq4 rp2 loaded. i'm convinced that i can do better now that i pretty much have it narrowed down to what number i want to be on.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:49 AM

i have to fill up later today, i'll run it to 1/4 tank and record data. then recalculate it in a couple weeks when i fill up again. i'm not saying i'm all about banks or superchips, all i'm saying is this is what i got... to the people on here who post up reply about how great their stuff is and how much other peoples stuff sucks is really starting to tick me off. i would have bought a smarty, if i had known about them when i got into modding my truck, when i feel like i want more from my truck i'll get one. untill then, it is what it is...
Old 11-11-2008, 11:14 AM

i hope you're not refering to me.....i simply stated what i'm seeing. i never once said how great smarty was or how inferior banks and superchips is. anyways, if you really want accurate numbers, you need to recalibrate your computer to account for the bigger tires
Old 11-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Ok... easy boys. My DTR crystal ball said this was going to happen.

Lonestar, you're right... they were bashing, I got it.

Stop the bashing/banks hating/one up on you crap. Be nice. This is a nice place.

madhat
Old 11-11-2008, 12:47 PM

I have had only a quad xzt for 50000 and recently got the smarty. Like I said I hand calculate every tank. Best I have ever gotten was 19.9 and that was with the XZT. That was roughly 620 miles on the tank from full to fumes. Only 3 tanks on the smarty and mods in my sig and its gotten 18.9. I think whats upsetting you as that after posting a thread about "huge mpgs" people are flaming you about it. Dont post the thread unless you hand calculate.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:16 PM

i have to fill up later today, i'll run it to 1/4 tank and record data. then recalculate it in a couple weeks when i fill up again. i'm not saying i'm all about banks or superchips, all i'm saying is this is what i got... to the people on here who post up reply about how great their stuff is and how much other peoples stuff sucks is really starting to pi$$ me off. i would have bought a smarty, if i had known about them when i got into modding my truck, when i feel like i want more from my truck i'll get one. untill then, it is what it is...
Dude, it's all good. I bought a Banks charge air cooler and Monster Exhaust for my last truck. They make some good stuff, and for some the power is just enough. It is reportedly safe power. No big deal there.

I was tempted to try a Firefly. Looked like a cool product. Only thing that kept me from it was the fact that I got hooked on the Smarty when the original S-03 came out.

Have fun w/ your truck. That's the main point. I know I have fun with mine, but it's too darn slow right now... My b-day's coming up, time for a fuel system!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:42 PM

the mpg has not been reconfigured for my 35s' either.thats what my overhead said. and i"m too lazy to figure out what i'm really getting...
you might want to double check with a calculator at the pump...and then post MPG figures.

Quick Reply: huge mpgs'