3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

HTS Failure????

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 11:54 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HTS Failure????

What happened to the guy that had the HTS come apart and it broke the case? I know it was here 8-6-07 in the am. I was curious how he made out. I am about to put a auto in a friends 05 and we were considering a HTS vs. the ATS trans. Was it deleted or am I just too dumb to find it through searching
Old 08-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I deleted it because it was a fabrication, the guy that posted it did not have a tranny problem with HTS. Nothing more than vendor bashing.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:03 AM

Well im not sure about how they compare when it comes to the quality of the product, cause when you start making big hp things are gonna break, its just the way it is. So in my opinion the product is only as good as the people standing behind it. And i can tell you is yes i have had several issues with my ATS tranny, and im not saying its the best tranny, but it has never cost me a dime to get it fixed. Even though they are a little more expensive then some, they atleast stand behind their products.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I deleted it because it was a fabrication, the guy that posted it did not have a tranny problem with HTS. Nothing more than vendor bashing.
Lary im glad you did that. I bet hts didnt care for him doing that. they are nice people. if something breaks thats fine but he was making it up?
I dont understand the point of that I think he should be banned for doing that. I have alot of respect for this forum I watch what I say. If I dont have nice things to say on here for the most part I keep them to myself.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:08 AM
madhat's monkey boy...

Thanks Larry, there seems to be a lot of that when it comes to automatics. I have spoken to Dusty 3 times about his trans and he seems to have time for all of my dumb questions. I pretty much had my mind and my friends made up until I viewed that thread. Thanks Larry for looking out for us
Old 08-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Admin Team Leader

There was a truck that was having an issue, but it wasn't that guy I don't know why he decided to get mixed in the frey because the actual owner and HTS were working on the problem and everything was good with them.

This other fellow just apparently decided to get involved and acted like it was HIS truck and that he wasn't getting any help. It was a lousy thing to do, no matter how you look at it.

Like maddog said, you make big power and things break, thats the plain and simple of it. Everybody's will break from time to time, how they stand behind them is what truly matters.

Dusty was and is working with the actual truck owner to fix the issue and had been, so he and the truck owner were surprised when they saw that other post. My opinion is you can't go wrong with ANY of the name brand tranny guys each of them can put you were you want to be.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
There was a truck that was having an issue, but it wasn't that guy I don't know why he decided to get mixed in the frey because the actual owner and HTS were working on the problem and everything was good with them.

This other fellow just apparently decided to get involved and acted like it was HIS truck and that he wasn't getting any help. It was a lousy thing to do, no matter how you look at it.

Like maddog said, you make big power and things break, thats the plain and simple of it. Everybody's will break from time to time, how they stand behind them is what truly matters.

Dusty was and is working with the actual truck owner to fix the issue and had been, so he and the truck owner were surprised when they saw that other post.
just to clear it up hts had no idea about the 1200 dollars the dealer was charging the fee not hts the reason I got involved is the owner asked me to a very good friend who seemed to run out of options that is the only reason I got involved not to drag hts through the ringer..!!Dusty talked to him this morning and had no clue about the 1200 for the case I guess the dealer who sold him the trans was trying to make a few extra bucks
Old 08-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Rpainter
just to clear it up hts had no idea about the 1200 dollars the dealer was charging the fee not hts the reason I got involved is the owner asked me to a very good friend who seemed to run out of options that is the only reason I got involved not to drag hts through the ringer..!!Dusty talked to him this morning and had no clue about the 1200 for the case I guess the dealer who sold him the trans was trying to make a few extra bucks
None of that is a viable reason for you to tell everyone that it was YOUR transmission and you were having all those problems. If you truly wanted to help, you could have called HTS and found out what was really going on instead of dragging them through the mud for nothing.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:21 AM

I second that ! thanks larry for steppping up on this one , HTS did not deserve that kind of negative nonsense I have spent 25,000.00 + on parts and labor dyno tuning and some track time I have broke several parts and been through a few transmissions until I met HTS Dusty and maryann are very nice people who do honest work and charge honest prices and stand behind the trans work 100% its unfortunate that someone could possibly ruin a top notch reputation by posting 3rd party bogus information about one of the great transmission resources that we all have HTS works hard to satisfy people & was built on quality, honest work, and excellent performance & customer service. Thank you larry for standing up for HTS the same as you would for any other honest company or vender that has customers on this site and or that does business on this site! all of us diesel dodge brethern need these kind of companys to continue to our quest to drive and enjoy our dodge trucks by having the types of services tht HTS and others here provide!
Old 08-07-2007, 01:37 AM

i hate when people like that try to bad mouth someone that has done nothing but good for his real customers. I ran into dusty in bowling green and he was a great guy he was wondering where i had gotten my HTS tranny from since i bought it thru a dealer. but he was still asking even though he was there when is was pulling other trucks backwards in the TS parking lot friday night.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Banned

HTS has been nothing but helpfull with us. We put their tranny in our race truck the old pinks truck and we are making more power than it did when Bully Dog owned it. I have had three ATS trannys in my personal daily driver truck and they are the extreme ones and this last time it went they told me I was abusing it and all I was doing was pulling my race truck on the trailer. I will never put an ATS in one of my trucks again. Dusty at HTS has been helpfull and has my full support we are going to start selling his trannys here in Canada
Old 08-07-2007, 01:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dusty helped me out and I never spent a dime with him. I even offered to pay him for his phone time... I offered to buy something, anything from his company... even a t-shirt ... He said no.
That is outstanding.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:07 PM

well look at it this way. The bogus poster tried to drag a good persons name through the mud. Lary stopped it and fixed. Now it's backfired on that said person and we will second guess anything he has to say on this site from now on.

Lesson learned I hope....

Thanks for looking out for us Lary. And as for HTS, after every good thing i've heard about them. If i ever decide to change my 6spd to an auto, their the first place I will call for info and a new auto...
Old 08-07-2007, 05:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
think what you want guys I dont care I was doing what I was asked by a friend how that he was getting his info direct from hts and not the dealer that was lying??!! I fyou guys dont ever believe another word I speak I will not loose any sleep over it. If you paid 7 grand on a part that had a warranty on it and the part failed and the dealer who you bought it from told you that the manufacture told him that you had to pay for it would you not ask questions??I did not believe I bad mouthed HTS I was just asking what about the warranty maybe I worded it wrong but that was how it was ment to be sorry for any harm I did it was NOT intended.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:27 PM

the middle man mix up

heres the story my name is john {hillbilly} im the one with the broke tranny in my 06 i ordered a tranny from a dealer not hts well **** happens it broke
i called the dealer sent it back because it got a warranty, I get a call that my tranny case is cracked and its gonna cost 1250.00 well i wasnt happy about it. so i told the dealer that i thought it was under warranty he told me it has a warrenty but it did not cover the case. he told me that dusty said he thinks i should pay for half the case 625.00,so i at this point i have never spoke with dusty the dealer did not return my calls for several days so then i was mad the dealer did not want me to talk with dusty cause i ordered the tranny from him i called hts direct and by luck dusty answered the phone i told dusty who i was and i asked him what was up with my tranny and like me he was not very happy either i asked him if he has talked to the dealer he said no i told dusty i would send half the money for the case and asked him how much the case was he said 700.00 so then dusty said he did not want money that he was not happy with what happened but he wil stand behind his warrenty so we figured out as we talked that the middle man was just trying to make a buck so we talked longer through the mix up worked it all out and my thought on hts is that i like the way my tranny worked and shifted i would recomend anyone that needs a tranny or any questions about a tranny should call dusty at hts because after i spoke with him i found out he stands behind his warrenty and his word so take my advice be careful who you deal with and if you are looking for a tranny leave the middle man out talk to hts dusty from what i have learned in the past few days dusty is one of the good guys we worked through a bad thing like people should and only good things can come of that i spoke to dusty he asked me how i drove my truck he wants to make some changes and told me if anything happens he will fix the tranny again that is a man of honor
thanks
hillbilly
john

Quick Reply: HTS Failure????