3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

How are YOU using the Diablosport predator / puck stack???

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How are YOU using the Diablosport predator / puck stack???

Now that the Diablosport predator/puck stack is being used by more & more people.
I was just wondering How or what tune are you using & why?
Also any Dyno #'s would be great.

Theres is really no user manual for using this stack & no real #'s to compare the stack vs. regular tunes.
To me the most powerful tune (for 03) is extreme regular tune with the puck on high, not the extreme stack tune, although diablo says its better(safer) to use the stack tunes with the puck.
Being stock, I use the regular extreme tune with the puck off normally & just switch it on when needed to hit warp speed. This way I always have the power available if I need it in traffic, or if someone wants to test me. That way Im not looking at tail lights wishing I didnt have a lower tune installed. Besides I love the feel of the power under my feet even if I dont use it much & I seem to get about the same MPG as the performance tune.
When using the extreme stack tune I just feel like im losing out on performance with the puck off & running it on all the time is really pushing my stock tranny, as if its not being pushed on extreme anyway .

How about you?
Old 04-12-2007, 04:16 PM

I don't have a PowerPuck, but I'm stacking my Predator with my Banks PowerPDA/SixGun for the added pressure. I'm using the regular Extreme RKL tune as my tests indicate it doesn't add anymore pressure them the Extreme RKL Stacker tune, while being more powerful.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:18 PM

I'm using the extreme stacker tune. Never tried the extreme regular tune with the puck. I may have to try it.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:08 PM
KVD

OK I'm wantin to run a a XZT quad boost foulin pressure only with the diablo. Which tune should I use the regular extreme tune of the stacker tune.

Whats the difference in the 2 tunes???
Old 04-12-2007, 06:14 PM

I am using the reg extreme and puck on max. I flew past the 6 mark...... I have a custom tune but it WAY overfueled (12valve style) before spool up for a daily driver. I have been running reg ext/puck maxed since installed no problem. If you wanna follow the rules dont mod it.......
Old 04-29-2007, 11:12 AM

I have a 03' dually 4x4, 4" exhaust, stage 1 cold air, Carter Pump Pusher I'm currently running the Predator stack, I found that it is safe, I usually run the Extreme Puck stack. The milage is around 15mpg, highway, I switched from the Triple Dog and EZ1000 chip, with that stack I was getting some kind of blow by (some have called it) to me at around 65mph when I put my foot into it the truck would start bucking a little, so I would have to back off the throttle for things to level off, I'm not sure what I was experiencing. So thats when I switched to the Predator setup, and haven't had the same problems again, I have to say I do miss the Triple Dog's power and options that were available though....if anyone could explain what I was experiencing, I would switch back.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:19 AM

Seems to be alot of power mongering on a stock tranny....and proud of it....Good Luck. ks
Old 04-29-2007, 07:10 PM

I run the predator on economy/performance regular tune all the time with the puck turned off. On the weekends sometimes I load the extreme stacker tune for some fun. But I notice when i get on it from a dead stop it smokes great off the line and then stops smoking and doesn't feel like its pulling as hard. So I'm guessing it's running out of fuel, . So we don't do that anymore, not untill I can get a fuel system and some gagues. It doesn't really matter anyway, cause the P.O.S. torque converter slips with anything above stock anyway.
From what I understand, the stack tunes have less timing in them because thats what the puck does. Makes sence, I can notice a difference in the rattle with just the puck turned on. So the predator fuels and the puck adds the timing. The puck by itself adds timing and I think also lengthens the injector pulse, but does not increase pressure.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:31 PM
MAN

I thought all the puck did was add rail pressure?

Never mind the search answered that one for me.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:42 PM
KVD

No one has dynoed this yet??

For the money I don't think you can beat the diablo or the puck stack just wished it was adjust on the fly.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:40 AM

run tst on 0/0 just for boost fooler, diablo reg. extreme and puck off until it time to kill and then it goes to 90hp setting. i have to say again this combo it verrrry smooth. I dont notice any ill effects of running non stacker extreme and stacking the puck.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:07 AM
KVD

Cat, hows the EGTs and boost with just the extreme settin and then with the puck????
Old 05-01-2007, 09:59 AM

on a hard run 30-75 i can hit about 1350 but my tst is set to defuel at 1400 so i dont know if it is still defueling for me. egts are not a problem. of course i am not jamming gears,(floor it-lift off- shift-floor it) so my rail p and egts have a moment to catch up. its not real fast but it sure does feel strong. with some flux 2's, turbo, walbro this chip should hit 550+ which is my goal.

diable stack 380 shipped and
don m flux 2's 1000ish

so $1400 and the tst by itself is 1000.

if i was doing it over again i would opt for diablo and don (DD combo)

with that said i dont know how flux 2's and diablo play together so i may be way off base but i will let you know how it works as soon as my new business makes some $$
Old 05-01-2007, 12:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cat...What rail pressures are you seeing running just the predator/puck stack. How much rail pressure does the puck add to your combo when you switch it on?