3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

How you guys liking your DIablo Predators?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya, that tune is awesome but smokes a bit much for daily driving. I'm on the regular Extreme tune right now and it's great. The non-stack tunes are so much better off the line then the stack tunes with the Puck. I have not turned my puck to high though....
Old 07-13-2007, 01:56 PM

So I tried the tire size adjustment and it was wayyyy off. Is there a better way to adjust. I used the inch setting and put it to 35 inch tires. Took it on the freeway and at a hair under 2k speedo said about 78mph . Is there a better way?
Old 07-13-2007, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by torkmnstr
So I tried the tire size adjustment and it was wayyyy off. Is there a better way to adjust. I used the inch setting and put it to 35 inch tires. Took it on the freeway and at a hair under 2k speedo said about 78mph . Is there a better way?
I have 35's as well and I ended up with mine on 34" I think. In order to do it accurately by standard heigth, you need to measure from the ground up with the tires on the vehicle. If you do it any other way, it won't be right.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:33 PM

It should reset if I restore the backup and then load on the tune without modifying the parameters right?
Old 07-13-2007, 04:44 PM

so whats the best setting to put the predator on when i get it and should i use the puck is it worth it
Old 07-13-2007, 05:39 PM

I'm using the 100HP, too scare to go higher for now.
Just got it a couple of week ago.

Not trying to hijack the thread but I got a question for the gurus.
If I load the RKL or puffer tunes to the programmer do I loose the original tunes, or does it just add them to the list of tunes available?
Old 07-13-2007, 05:47 PM

You dont lose the originals.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanx for all the info guys. Unfortunately Truckaddons.com really messed up my order (you might have seen my thread; "Truckaddons.com.....). I ordered the 7131 online. When I got the box today, I went outside and returned the truck to stock and put the Flashpak back in the box. I took the tuner out of the box that says UD7131 to install it. I plug it in and it says 2003-2005 Dodge. I turned it over and sure enough the tuner says 7130 on it. I even called the guy after my order to make sure he sells me the 7131. What a pisser.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:50 AM

I am really sorry to hear that happened to you, looks like several people have had that problem. I guess we now know why they have a great price, they probably don't pay their employees crap, leading to worthless employees

And cameroneod is right, when you download the custom toons, it just gives you another option in the toon install, you would go to performance tunes from the main menu, then performance tunes, then you will have an option for Diablo Tunes and Custom Tunes. I bet from there, you got it figured.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:22 AM

Thanks for the help.

Now to download all the extra tunes and see which one works best in this truck .
Old 07-14-2007, 12:07 PM

Hey guys I'm thinking of jumping on board here with the rest of you. So far all my truck has is what you see in my sig. I have been giving her a while to prove herself before I start modding too heavy. This will be my first experiance with electronic tuners on a diesel so I am new to this game. How safe is this stack? I tow a race car and all of the supplies at least every other weekend. I'd say I am hauling around 5000 lbs max. Do you think I can tow this safely with the stack, or would I need to turn something down or remove it before heading out? If I do need to remove or turn down how easy could that be done. I am also planning on getting a full complement of gauges while I am at it. Would I be safer in my situation with a juice and attitude then this combo? thanks
Old 07-14-2007, 05:21 PM

There is a "tow mode" option on the tuner. The tunes take maybe 10-15 minutes to install. You're gonna love it. The Predator will make more power than the juice/attitude but it isnt adjustable on the fly. Thats the only downfall imo. I'd love to be able to have all that power available at the flick of a switch. Seems like Im beating the truck up more than necessary when Im just runnin around town.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Banned

The U7130 is great gotta love those cutom tunes and the puffers now and are really smooth. With the U7131 their are in my opinion a few bugs in the system that johan is aware of and checking into the problems and doing some problem solving to get them fixed but nothing too serious just little things here and their and hopefully while his digging around in the ecm profile he can figure out all the stuff that was takin away and even get us the puff tunes and custom tuning ability. And hey maybe he will locate the speed and rev limiter like bullydog has boy would that be sweet.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:42 AM

did yalls predator make the truck idle funny just a little bit while sitting still and do i need an exhaust gauge to run at the extreme setting?
Old 07-21-2007, 10:55 AM

I haven't noticed any changes in my idle with the most recent updates, and for running extreme, yeah you should have a pyro. without it, you are looking at a "run at your own risk" People talk about the temps gettin real hot real quick with those toons.

Quick Reply: How you guys liking your DIablo Predators?