3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

How you guys liking your DIablo Predators?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I will throw my experience in here.... 1st off I am not bashing Diablo or doubting it works great on your truck, I am a firm believer of "some trucks like certain tunes, some dont"... with that said........

I stacked the diablo with my EZ on the "stacker" extreme tune, and was very disapointed.... Under NORMAL acceleration it would not even slip my stock clutch? Maybe its becuase it was a EZ and not a Puck? But after I installed the tune my truck ideled at 900rpm(100 over stock)..... and was all of a sudden hard to start These problem still remained after I tuned it back to stock.... hard to start, and ideling high....

Anyone else have problems like these while/after the download like this??

I borrowed a Smarty and programed it, and turned back to stock for the stock tune from Smarty, and now everything is good.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:30 PM

i like mine even better now that has tire size adjust seemed to help my mpg
Old 07-12-2007, 05:25 PM

Armstrong, it is true that some of these trucks just don't like some boxes. I have had several boxes on my truck and almost all of them have had at least one issue that I didn't like (CELs, hard starting, performance problems). I haven't seen anyone else with your particular problem. All I know is that this programmer on the Extreme RKL tune is awesome from the bottom end to the top end. The only thing I don't care for so much is that if i lug the engine at all it smokes like a freight train... No big problem though. Heck, I've even had a couple issues with this Predator but I like the thing so much I'm just dealing with them in the hopes that they will figure the problems out for me.....
Old 07-12-2007, 05:47 PM

i cant wait ti get mine im stoked to see what it will do if i have the puck do i need to do work to my tranny or will it be ok?
Old 07-12-2007, 05:51 PM

It all depends on where you set the Predator and puck. I think anything over the tow tunes and you will slowly damage the trans....
Old 07-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Banned

Bodie did you upload just the stock tune back into the truck or the original backup you need to go to the tune selection screen and scrool down to original backup and download it that it trucks stock factory tune this should take care of your problems. My truck after the trial tune wore off kept surging and idleling rough and we uploaded the original backup and that fixed the problems. You need to try the puffer or a custom tune also i bet that clutch wont hold for long too bad the u7130 doesnt have rkl like our u7131 does but yall get custom tuning.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:53 PM

dodgezilla, what is a quad boost fooler and what does it do
Old 07-12-2007, 08:08 PM

Keeps your truck from throwing a code and defueling, but it depends on what year your pickup is.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:52 PM

Correct. With added fueling your truck is capable of making more than stock boost but the computer will defuel once you reach 31psi or somewhere close to that. More boost equals more power and lower egts. The boost fooler makes your truck's computer think you are still below the 31 psi and allows for more boost without throwing overboost codes. The stock turbo is really only good for around 40psi and at that point or higher the turbo will start to destruct.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:03 PM

thanks yall really know yalls stuff
Old 07-12-2007, 09:10 PM

I just know what I read here. These other guys know their stuff. I'm just a poser....
Old 07-13-2007, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
I just know what I read here. These other guys know their stuff. I'm just a poser....

I like that
Old 07-13-2007, 07:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CReed
Bodie did you upload just the stock tune back into the truck or the original backup you need to go to the tune selection screen and scrool down to original backup and download it that it trucks stock factory tune this should take care of your problems. My truck after the trial tune wore off kept surging and idleling rough and we uploaded the original backup and that fixed the problems. You need to try the puffer or a custom tune also i bet that clutch wont hold for long too bad the u7130 doesnt have rkl like our u7131 does but yall get custom tuning.
All I did was pull it out of the box and put it on the Hotest program I saw Thats what your supposed to do when you get a new box right? Crank it up and go down from there. I dont doubt the custom tunes are more powerful, but my truck just had too many glitches for me to want buy one. If nothing else though, it would be a good scan tool with all the readings and features.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:48 AM

That's if you are lucky enough to have the right year truck!! Mine gives me the added power and I can clear codes. That's it!! I think the newest version gives me the tire size change option but I'm not sure.....
Old 07-13-2007, 08:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On my 05' the difference between say regular Extreme and ExtremeRKL is like night and day. RKL is truly amazing. And you do not need the Puck, EZ or any other added pressure box when running RKL. I'm confident that with Diablo RKL and VA on 70hp that I'm way over the 600rwhp mark... Will confirm in the near future.

Quick Reply: How you guys liking your DIablo Predators?