3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

How you guys liking your DIablo Predators?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes the U7131 Predator (06-07 5.9L CTD's) will do high idle and tire size. The features that you will not have is live data logging, custom tunes, puff tunes, trial feature (to let a friend try it for 5 hours or so), and tune on the fly. The only CEL I experienced with mine when I had it was a P0148 which is a high pressure cheksum. I was told it was thrown because I was starving the CP3 of fuel.

I loved the Diablo Sport Predator/Power Puck stack. It worked awesome, the power curve was incredible, and the price is definately right. I still may go back to it one day, but not right now. They had some major problems with the 06-07 model trucks surging while cruising and even though they did get it fixed, they had to remove the "tune on the fly" and "trial feature". The tune on the fly was the main reason I purchased the tuner (aside from the price). They took that away and from talking to them on the phone, putting the feature back in the tuner wasn't a high priority. That sounded like a line from "Superchips", so I just decided to get rid of it until everything is fixed and working like it should. Granted it does have a great power curve and puts out some serious power.

However if it is going on an 03-05 model, you'll be set. The tuner is awesome for those.....
Old 07-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Banned

jmccart the only reason i say this is b/c i know how my single disc south bend fe towed and it was real grabby thats the only reason i didnt upgrade to a dual disc b/c of how much i tow occasionally. But if your wanting to put the power to the ground you made the right decision and have some fun with the diablo im sure you will like it the puff tunes by the way are back online so go out and burn up some tires.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:03 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The DDs are smoother than the FE. I tow heavy with my 3600 all the time.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:22 PM

Yeah the diablo is a great programmer..You wont be sorry
Old 07-11-2007, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by CReed
jmccart the only reason i say this is b/c i know how my single disc south bend fe towed and it was real grabby thats the only reason i didnt upgrade to a dual disc b/c of how much i tow occasionally. But if your wanting to put the power to the ground you made the right decision and have some fun with the diablo im sure you will like it the puff tunes by the way are back online so go out and burn up some tires.

Gotcha. I had a ceramic single in my last truck. It was awesome when I was out playing around. But reverse was totally a pain & my wife never drove the truck again. I think the sprung DD is all organic.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:13 PM

Well, I ordered it this morning through truckaddons.com. It was $378 for the stack. Wish me power & fun please.

Thanx.

I will soon start an ebay auction for the Superchips for $100 I guess.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:20 AM

I was sitting on a hill and tried backing up a couple days ago with my OFE. IT SUCKED!!!! Very, very grabby!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
I was sitting on a hill and tried backing up a couple days ago with my OFE. IT SUCKED!!!! Very, very grabby!!!
My sprung DD is the same. It bucks and shakes the whole way.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by jmccart
Well, I ordered it this morning through truckaddons.com. It was $378 for the stack. Wish me power & fun please.

Thanx.

I will soon start an ebay auction for the Superchips for $100 I guess.
You wont be sorry, I love mine.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigcat83
The diablo has a very smooth power gain i promise that the pred will out do your superchips.and kill your tranny lol.you can buy the pred /puck combo for almost $378.oo and it will give you both worlds,**** on the fly or you can program the higer settings.i thinik you will be very happy with it.i have had mine for almost two months.and it the smothes programmer that i have tried.
What other brand programmers have you tried? I am interested in the Diablo Sport Programmer, but is that a wise idea after running the Bully Dog Triple, sold it last week?
Old 07-12-2007, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by ronc
What other brand programmers have you tried? I am interested in the Diablo Sport Programmer, but is that a wise idea after running the Bully Dog Triple, sold it last week?
I know you were talking to bigcat83, but I ran the Bully Dog Triple Dog before the Diablo Sport Predator/Power Puck stack and I never had any issues. The Predator has a lot smoother power curve than the Triple Dog and the power seems to come on a lot sooner.

As for this quote within your post:

Originally Posted by bigcat83
The diablo has a very smooth power gain i promise that the pred will out do your superchips.and kill your tranny lol.you can buy the pred /puck combo for almost $378.00 and it will give you both worlds,shift on the fly or you can program the higer settings.i thinik you will be very happy with it.i have had mine for almost two months.and it the smothes programmer that i have tried.
The U7131 (the 06-07 tuner) will not shift on the fly at this point. They took that feature out do to some compications with it. However you can adjust the high idle and the tire size. I think what you were saying is you can adjust the main power level with the Predator and then "turn it up" by adjusting the Power Puck to 0-60-90 HP levels. Am I correct? A couple guys told me to watch running the Puck on the 90 HP level because it adds an extreme amount of pressure. I'm not sure on that; I didn't have it long enough to comment.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:21 PM

I thought they did away with the tire sizing option. I have the updated r 16 version, did they come out with another?
Old 07-12-2007, 02:40 PM

R16 should have the tire size feature in it..... Does your's not?
Old 07-12-2007, 02:51 PM

It may, it is still new to me, where do I find that guy, in the options area?
Old 07-12-2007, 02:56 PM

Well revision 16 took off the tune on the fly so you will have to put the truck back to stock and then reload the tune. Before reloading, press "modify tune" and you should find it in there. You can adjust it by sidewall or traditional sizes. I don't think you can do it without reloading the program though.

Quick Reply: How you guys liking your DIablo Predators?