3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

How much better is the MP-8 over the EZ when stacked with the TST?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much better is the MP-8 over the EZ when stacked with the TST?

Lots of talk about this setup and other than the in-cab-adjustability, is it really that much better??
Old 05-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Banned

Shameless ad removed from forum.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:51 AM

Shame Shame Shame!!!
Old 05-09-2006, 09:57 AM

I have tried both...and I think the MP-8 is much better IMHO...the "stack" program is the ticket. The bottom end is not comparible at all on the EZ.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:00 AM
Banned

cquestad,

Exactly what I said in the removed post, thanks for mentioning it. It is much smoother and folks that have done both tell us it is the better stack.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 05-09-2006, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by cquestad
I have tried both...and I think the MP-8 is much better IMHO...the "stack" program is the ticket. The bottom end is not comparible at all on the EZ.
could you explain this more please? you lost me
Old 05-09-2006, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by WUnderwood
could you explain this more please? you lost me
TS makes two programs for the Ramifier/MP-8. One is a stand alone program that has agressive timing and over 100hp (at least on my truck). It runs really well, but sometimes people don't like the rattle created by the timing advance from the TST and MP-8 together.

TS also has the TST program. It is designed to keep the rail pressure up when the TST is demanding a lot of fuel from the rail. It also gets the TST to fuel sooner (assuming the Ramifier is plugged into the MAP first) by positive boost fooling at low manifold pressure. Overall it additionally uses less pressure than the regular program. It also creates less timing advance.

I've run both programs, and prefer the TST program to stack with my TST.

The in-cab adjustability is awesome. I only use pressure when I need it, like when needing to get off the line quicky, or making a point to some stupid ricer.

Comparing the MP-8 to the EZ, they're completely different animals. The MP-8 is super smooth, easy to drive with, set high or low. The truck idles great, runs great, and will smoke with the best of them (if that's what you like).

The EZ makes your truck idle rough, the throttle response is really touchy, and you're comitted to one setting all the time (at least on the SO/HO trucks). I will say that the EZ has better midrange throttle response (at least on level 2, the only position I use), but I'll take the MP-8 any day.

The MP-8 is much more user-friendly. I found when using the EZ it was harder to drive and shift smoothly.

Go for the MP-8. You won't regret it.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:44 AM

I made more horsepower over the entire curve with the MP-8 (both the stack program on max plugged into the Map first and the full program on 50-60% plugged into the Map second) than with an EZ. On the street, the MP-8 spooled my big turbo far quicker than the EZ did. Dennis at TS has done his homework and has given us a product that suits the need. The other good choice...which I have not tried with the TST...but have tried it alone is the VA 3.1...which is more aggressive of the bottom than the EZ...but less than the MP-8. Gypsyman can comment on this one...he makes his 640hp and change using it with the TST.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:57 AM

So, are you guys running the MP-8 with the TST twins program or standard program? Does it matter which program you have on the TST?

Thanks for the replies.

I've done very well lately with the "I'm done" mentality but I like to change my settings alot and that isn't happening with the EZ....
Old 05-09-2006, 11:14 AM

I have run the Regular, 1st version of the TST stack, then Regular, and I am switching back to the current version of the TST stack program. You want the TST stack program. It does not matter what version of the TST you are running (Twins or Regular). The one combo you don't want it TST Twins with the Regular MP-8 plugged into the map first....it nets in the BIGGEST SMOKE SHOW of your life and the rail is dry before you even get going...lol.

The legwork has been done...so this is an easy choice for you. Just get the MP-8 stack program and plug it into the map first ahead of your duration/timing box of choice...and you will be happy.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:54 AM

Cool! Thanks......
Old 05-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Banned

Call Tim Barber and his helper Tim and ask them about what my 05 and tim's 05 and Johnners 04 did with a MP8 box installed. Tims and Johnners dyno graphs are listed under Nat'l and reg events-look for nc dyno day.

CRIS
Old 05-09-2006, 04:53 PM

The one combo you don't want it TST Twins with the Regular MP-8 plugged into the map first....it nets in the BIGGEST SMOKE SHOW of your life and the rail is dry before you even get going...lol.
Aint that the truth!!!! Insane smoke, no power.

Just get the MP-8 stack program and plug it into the map first ahead of your duration/timing box of choice...and you will be happy.
I agree, but don't run the early twins flash on the TST. It starts fueling at 4psi and is "all in" by 11psi. With the MP-8 plugged into the MAP first you'll reach full fueling by about 6-7psi.

It's much better to stack with the regular program (starts fueling at 11psi and is "all in" by 28psi) or the newer twins program (starts fueling at 4psi and is "all in" by 24psi).

I'm actually sending my TST in to get reflashed for the newer twins program.

The TST twins flashes refer to the trucks they're supposed to work best on. The "Early Twins" flash is designed to work best with '03-'04 trucks that are not running big sticks. The newer twins program is designed for the 325/600 trucks, or the older trucks using big injectors.

I don't have injectors, but I find the early twins flash to be a bit agressive to drive around town. If I had an auto I'm sure it would be fine, but it's bark city for me with the TE setting at anything over 3 unless I keep my foot in it in every gear. Between the smoke and illicit speeds, I guess I'll get in trouble sooner or later...
Old 05-09-2006, 05:12 PM

I am an auto...and maybe my single needs a little more fuel to get going...so I love the early twins flash on the TST. That really is only "decision" you need to make.

Enjoy...yeeehaaaaaaaawwwwwwww!
Old 05-09-2006, 06:24 PM

I'm running the standard TST box right now so I guess I need to decide which Twins flash would work best for me. Most of my driving is in town and I don't really race much. I guess I just haven't had many people wanting to run my lowly SO.....

Quick Reply: How much better is the MP-8 over the EZ when stacked with the TST?