3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

How much air filter oil to use

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much air filter oil to use

I just cleaned and oiled my quad intake and used the green pump spray type filter oil. I used a little over an inch out of the bottle. Just wondering if this is enough or to much to have used. Seems like mileage went down after cleaning but it has been cold here also.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 223 rules
I just cleaned and oiled my quad intake and used the green pump spray type filter oil. I used a little over an inch out of the bottle. Just wondering if this is enough or to much to have used. Seems like mileage went down after cleaning but it has been cold here also.
I like the aerosol spray better just because it dissipates the oil more evenly, but I would think that if you set the filter down on a table and swept-sprayed the oil on from about 8 inches or so away and applied it evenly, an inch out of the bottle shouldn't have been too much. I would leave the filter to sit and let the oil run down the ridges of the filter to try and get as even coverage as possible, then maybe even turn it over on the other side and leave it sit a while...if you have any puddling around the rim after letting the oil soak in, you have DEFINITELY applied too much and are going to have to start all over again. That is the only bad thing about oil filters. Over oiling is the ONLY cause for failure in these things...course there is always the chance of under oiling, but that is usually not the case. Sorry if this post sounds confusing, by the way...

Derek
Old 02-04-2007, 11:36 PM

Thumbs down

None, Zero, Zilch, Zip, Nada.....But an Amsoil Nano filter...