3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

how long to wait for a product?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry how long to wait for a product?

ive had a stg 3 pump on order from a shop since march ive been in contact with the owner several times, he has even gone out of his way to shoot me an email saying he is currently building mine, and i shuld see it by next weekend. that was several months ago, and now he wont return my calls emails etc.
i wont name names, but those fermiliar with pump shops and there delivery times prob know who im talking about.
any ways, its makeing me verry discouraged, and im thinking about detuneing the truck. back in march when i rolled 574, i was on 90 hp stix, with news of the pump being on the way i bumped them to 120's. the prob is that i get rail drain bad, i used to be able to run #5 and only get poping if i snaped the throttle, now i get it on 1 if i snap it... id drop down to revo, but then the truck wont turn 4k
short story long.... how long shuld i be expected to wait after being misled about delivery times?
Old 09-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Banned

I'd be ******!!!!!!! Sometimes the forums are the only way to get peoples attention
Old 09-04-2008, 11:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't feel bad man!I'm in the same boat.Been promised some things from the same pump modder and getting the same run around as you.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:33 PM

If you have no MONEY into this guy - BLOW HIM OFF and get a pump from someone who WANTS YOUR BUSINESS. Someone who wants your business will also give you good service if you have any problems.

You have been patient too long. I personally would not have allowed someone to put me off as long as you have. I know nothing about who build what with regards to pumps, but, there has to be someone other than this guy doing exactally the same type of work, who knows, maybe better. Get on with your needs elsewhere.

CD
Old 09-04-2008, 11:33 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

I would be rather upset. I know good things come to those that wait but dont blow smoke up your *** by giving you false hope of early completion. I HATE hearing these stories because I want him to do my pump bad but I cant wait 6 months for it to come back.

Good luck Gus. P.S. did you run the 90's on a stock pump?
Old 09-04-2008, 11:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been told I will get a stage 3 sent out for going on 3 months now.Already have a stage 2.Don't think my problem is the pump, leaning more towards the new style fca.Can't even get an old style fca shipped to me to see if its a simple fix.His pump work is great but not if you can't get one!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:06 AM

Call up II on their new stage 3 pump. It is supposed to out flow the one you are waiting for, I am sure they would love to get some guys running it. Or bite the bullet and go with duals, that's where your headed anyway.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by highrpms
Call up II on their new stage 3 pump. It is supposed to out flow the one you are waiting for, I am sure they would love to get some guys running it. Or bite the bullet and go with duals, that's where your headed anyway.
Is that one also a stock Dmax pump with "Stage 3" written on it?
Old 09-05-2008, 07:36 AM

can't blame you for being upset, that's a long time to wait! i suggest you get your money back (if you've paid already) and go with a different pump. there are other quality pump builders out there. If you haven't paid yet then jump ship now and go somewhere else.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:51 AM

Question is....did you already pay for it??
Old 09-05-2008, 09:20 AM

So tell us who it is, so the rest of us don't get into the same boat. If its true it really isn't vendor bashing. Seems like Quad has been raked over the coals lately and those threads werent deleted.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:26 AM

Gus I did have a pump built for you, it was a exchange pump from a certain customer. We built it and tested it and it was not a very good pump, I'm going round and round with this person about their so called low mileage pump! If you were able to have sent your pump it would have been done in no time but if your wanting me to do the leg work on getting you a good! pump well that takes time sometimes more than I wanted.I hope the pump I have here is good, it's off an 07' from a good source "i hope". It can and will go to you if it checks out ok and you still want it. I am buried here and I'm not trying to use this as an excuse but it is the truth! We are also working on the stage 4 that we will be testing in about 3 weeks that flows around 350 LPH.
Jason I would like to get you a Stage 3 but again good used pumps seem to be harder to get right now, we are still testing the metering valve in the FCA's so the the trucks won't surge. Some trucks with the Smarty like to surge, even with a stock pump, so modded one's are a bit worse. I think we finally got it! I can then send those that need it to them, Jason PM me you # and we'll talk about getting your's turned into a Stage 3.

John
Old 09-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Floor It
Gus I did have a pump built for you, it was a exchange pump from a certain customer. We built it and tested it and it was not a very good pump, I'm going round and round with this person about their so called low mileage pump! If you were able to have sent your pump it would have been done in no time but if your wanting me to do the leg work on getting you a good! pump well that takes time sometimes more than I wanted.I hope the pump I have here is good, it's off an 07' from a good source "i hope". It can and will go to you if it checks out ok and you still want it. I am buried here and I'm not trying to use this as an excuse but it is the truth! We are also working on the stage 4 that we will be testing in about 3 weeks that flows around 350 LPH.
Jason I would like to get you a Stage 3 but again good used pumps seem to be harder to get right now, we are still testing the metering valve in the FCA's so the the trucks won't surge. Some trucks with the Smarty like to surge, even with a stock pump, so modded one's are a bit worse. I think we finally got it! I can then send those that need it to them, Jason PM me you # and we'll talk about getting your's turned into a Stage 3.

John
Hey John,

While we're on the subject of upgrading from a Stage II to a III, can you tell me if the Stage III should last just as long as the II? I mean, does the Stage III have a shorter lifespan because it's putting out more fuel?
Old 09-05-2008, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by rmalone
So tell us who it is, so the rest of us don't get into the same boat. If its true it really isn't vendor bashing. Seems like Quad has been raked over the coals lately and those threads werent deleted.
That would be me.

John
Old 09-05-2008, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by jrussell
Hey John,While we're on the subject of upgrading from a Stage II to a III, can you tell me if the Stage III should last just as long as the II? I mean, does the Stage III have a shorter lifespan because it's putting out more fuel?

The Stage 3 will last as long as a stocker if not longer due to better material of certain parts.

John

Quick Reply: how long to wait for a product?