3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

How does your Quad-Zillaraider perform?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does your Quad-Zillaraider perform?

Ive had my Zillaraider for about 8 months and something just isnt right..At 0 it performs normally..... switch to 30hp mode and there is a power difference of about 30hp..but when switching to any other mode I feel no difference...Extemps remain the same,an when I perform unit test with color lights it shows everything is ok...so I have 2 modes 0 and 30hp...am I over looking something..have 10K miles on truck,changed fuel filter at 6K it was clean,cleaned connectors and dialectric greased them...My 05 has a BHAF and a Hi flow muffler(Magnaflow) and 3 gauge setup.....Im ready to give up w/this Quad Box.....
Old 08-02-2006, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by wantabe351
Ive had my Zillaraider for about 8 months and something just isnt right..At 0 it performs normally..... switch to 30hp mode and there is a power difference of about 30hp..but when switching to any other mode I feel no difference...Extemps remain the same,an when I perform unit test with color lights it shows everything is ok...so I have 2 modes 0 and 30hp...am I over looking something..have 10K miles on truck,changed fuel filter at 6K it was clean,cleaned connectors and dialectric greased them...My 05 has a BHAF and a Hi flow muffler(Magnaflow) and 3 gauge setup.....Im ready to give up w/this Quad Box.....
Contact the company they have been extremely helpful to me. Thought I had a problem with my new STD module and I sent it back to them and they could not find a problem but they reflashed the module and recommended I use the wiring harness from the kit I ordered rather than the one I had from the previous Quad race box. The harness from the race box worked great with the race box but not the STD box even after I received it back from them. I suspect a connector problem at the module. Anyway 5 days from door to door with a weekend in the middle. With the new harness the box works great. Great customer service from them.

L8r,..........dogger
Old 08-02-2006, 09:56 AM

I agree, the customer service is outstanding, but I am having troubles with mine as well. I have the race box, it was just in for updating not more than 2 weeks ago and I installed my commander last night. Can't boost over 30psi, or atleast thats what it is reading, should be around 40. Hope to get it resolved soon. Just want to clarify that I am not bashing, they do stand behind their product and service is great, just stating I have had some problems as well.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:45 AM

Im not bashing it either...just wanted to know of anyone else that had problems like this and was able to fix them...I just would like to have the performance that it says I should have........I called when I got it last fall,spoke to a tech whom told me to ck the light codes and they were normal,he said that it was all updated and ck the harness,told him that I did,and it was fine..He told me then there was nothing that he could do..I wanted to get an exchange but was told no...so Ive been living with this for 8 months and Im trying to find a repair or just get something else with the power Im looking for......
Old 08-02-2006, 10:53 AM

I would like to know who you talked to.

I do not know of a problem like this, but I am sure it should be easy enough to find a fix for.

Shoot me PM with your contact info and I will have someone call you today.

Yellowz28,

I am not sure you are having any "problems" just yet. Check your other thread and we will figure out what is going on. It may not be your module at all, it could be the Monitor not reading high enough.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:56 AM

wantabe351,

I got your message and I am getting a tech to call you as we speak.

I did want to try and clarify somethng though. When you spoke to the "tech" and was told you could not get an exchange, was that our people, or the people you bought it from?

I just want to be sure before I lighten someones backside later today in our meeting.

Quad
Old 08-03-2006, 05:58 AM

Qzilla no one called yesterday..hopefully today,like to get this fixed today or at least resolved................
Old 08-05-2006, 06:26 AM

found my problem I think...need long road test...the connector going to Map sensor was spread apart too far,,,not making good connection
Old 08-07-2006, 07:40 AM

I dont like this product at all..out of the blue ck engine lamp comes on P0113(Charge temp) not related or is it?...All I know as a customer is I bought a product that for some reason wont work as advertized...30hp box? ....Quad no one has called me, I want to call but I need some help--please....Rich
Old 08-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Call Quads tech line at 888-842-6572