3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

how does everybody like there quad Commander

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question how does everybody like there quad Commander

well i just went and bought a quad commander and the fuel pressure kit for my truck. i still have to get the commander A-piller mount off of the DTR store. but i still saved close to 100 dollers off a guage kit from diesel manor. i just hope i made the right choice because i have allways liked mechanical guages my self.but i did not have a lot of money to spend. so with all that boaring stuff out of the way. would like to hear how everybody likes or dislikes there commander. thanks Mopar72
Old 06-28-2007, 09:42 PM

It has been great so far, would be alot better when they get it set up for my predator.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:12 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Would'nt trade mine for anything else! Tech support is second to none, and products are designed with us (truck owners) in mind! Sounds like some cool things are in the works too!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:30 PM

Mopar: your fast!

I leave for Angel Fire,New Mexico on July 5 and looking forward to the Commanders reading ( EGT,Boost, Trans,fuel)under a load climbing the Southern Rocky Mountains. So far the Commander has worked well. I understand if I keep the boost down I can get better mpg and I want to know how my EGT,s do when climbing. Then I will know what toy to get for Christmas.

Good luck Bob
Old 06-28-2007, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by drdigger11
It has been great so far, would be alot better when they get it set up for my predator.
Ummm, we actually have that.

The problem is that when I tried to find people to test with, no one was around??? So we just stuck it away and left it alone??

If you want we can get you one for like a semi beta test to make sure it works right. I can email you the update for the Commander and I will have to send you the rest of the parts.

Also, not to be bashing or slamming but, I do have a questions.

We have a DR P box that has the switch. It is a Stage 3 or 4 I don't know. But, in testing on our trucks we could not notice any difference between level 1 and 2?? From off to the first level you can tell but, from there it is all the same. We noticed the same exact thing with the Commander.

Is this normal or is our box acting funky?

Either way if you want the controller for it send me a PM.

Quad
Old 06-28-2007, 11:54 PM

I have been extremly pleased with my Commander. I had an intermintent issue about 3 weeks ago and Jeremy had me send the unit back. He found a factory error in one of the soldered connections. He sent me a brand new unit that same day!
Can't beat that.
Deck
Old 06-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Banned

Ummm the commander is pooh!!!

Just take it off and send it to me!!! You'll love it!!! Best guages out there!!
Old 06-29-2007, 08:57 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That ain't right!
Old 06-29-2007, 09:14 AM

Great product I love mine, it has worked flawlesly. The pillar mount makes everything look so nice. I think the gauges and pillar keep the nice clean and sleek look inside the cab. The only draw back to me (being so annal) is the directions are little vauge for me. I did have to read them 4 times to get them in my peebrain!!! But a call into them they grabbed my hand and led me on my marry way. Just another good thing with the products CUSTOMER SERVICE, Just incredible, can not put a price on that and if you did they would be charging alot more for there products.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:55 AM

Love it

I love mine and I have the Beta interface for the MP8 and it works great. Wouldn't trade it for my old pricols.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:59 AM

You made the right purchase. I'm trying to get our company to buy some for all there mechanic trucks.....to bad there all Ferds
Old 06-29-2007, 10:03 AM

Well i just put my commander in yesterday and so far so good, Great read-outs controls my quad box great, installation was ok, (just a hint when installing the tranny temp sensor run the wire over the top of the tranny). only small problem i seem to have is with the a-pillar mount, commander doesnt seem to sit all the way back in the mount quite right but and easy fix none the less. Over all very satisfied, good buy
Old 06-29-2007, 11:24 AM

I'm loving mine!
Old 06-29-2007, 11:58 AM

I love mine! Quadzilla's customer service is outstanding as well.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:01 PM

Mopar has a standard. There is a thread where a member is trying his trans probe for oil temp. Maybe someone could add some comments about using the trans probe someplace else.

Quick Reply: how does everybody like there quad Commander