3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Hot Line / Tranny Temp T

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot Line / Tranny Temp T

Which line is the "Hot Line" on my 2004.5 ??? I want to put the tranny temp sender in the line. Any suggestions on the type of fitting to use ?????
Old 01-15-2006, 05:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The hot line is the forward line on the trani. It has a rubber hose on it. I would get a new one from the dealer for $12. Look at the pic's in my gallery for some fitting's. I'll dig up the part #'s. There's lot's of post's about this. Do a search. You can also buy a pre-made line for $90.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:24 PM

Here's the info on the fitting curtisy of TAS05CTD610

The part is avalible from Mcmaster car. I used this part number (wanted steel as it's a tad stronger than brass)
5929K146

That's 1/2" x 3/8" (female pipe) x 1/2" I went with the 3/8's inch center cause it's 10 dollars cheeper then went with a 3/8's by 1/4 reducer. This also makes sure the probe wont' block the oil flow.

This is a swage lock connection, however the way it's designed it's not just one cone that pinches the tube, there's actually two per side, very high quality. I havn't had any leaks in over 4,000 miles. Most will say they'll vibrate loose, or this or that, but when you look at what these are used for you'll see. Most catipiller, Volvo, and off road trucks, dozers and hoes all use these on the steel hydrolic lines. I just marked a line on the trans line half way, measure 1/4" away from this, and that's what I cut outa the line (you have to cut about 1/2" outa the line) Check it out Mcmaster has drawings and everything, works great in my case and in fact I check it this morning (been checking for leaks once a month, still none) Any questions, feel free to PM me, or E-mail me
Old 09-26-2006, 08:36 PM

Has anyone tryed puting a fitting in the rubber hose in the line going to the heater whitch goes to the cooler. Got one from Geno's that is made for 2002.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:13 PM

I don't mean to jump off topic but does anyone know of a site or a file that has detailed instructions on how to setup the pyrometer & tranny temp gauges? I've about had it up to my neck trying to get mine to work(ISSPRO gauges), i've changed out my amplifier box twice and the driving circuit box. I can't figure out how to get them to function properly to save my life.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:32 AM

Where did you buy them. I got mine from dieselmanor.com, and it came with easy to follow direction's.

What problem's are you having exactly. I'm on the road, so I may not be able to get back to you fast enough. But I have faith that someone else here will be able to help.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:44 PM

DieselManor has a pre-fabbed line, and it is also an original Mopar part also, so it retains your warranty. Its $65, and looks easy to install. Its also a little cheaper than some of the other lines like it sold. Link below...

http://www.dieselmanor.com/dm_products/DM-CLG3.asp

Trending Topics

Old 09-27-2006, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bad Ramer Jamer
Where did you buy them. I got mine from dieselmanor.com, and it came with easy to follow direction's.

What problem's are you having exactly. I'm on the road, so I may not be able to get back to you fast enough. But I have faith that someone else here will be able to help.

I bought my gauges from DieselManor also, I didn't receive any instructions though(only how to hook up the boost gague, which works fine btw). But I just can't seem to get my EGT and Tranny Temp gauge to work. Im going to call ISSPRO and see if I can't get them to send me out a new driving circuit box. I had a friend wire up the electronics(i'm clueless when it comes to electricity), mabe there is a fault in there but i'm doubting it.

Come to think of it I do not even have my tranny temp sending unit plugged into that cooler line, I have it screwed into the passanger side of the tranny into a port. I guess i'll have to buy that line and switch it over but i'm still not thinking that will solve my problem. I should of had a shop hook these suckers up right the first time.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:00 PM

Where do you have all this stuff grounded.

Here ya go. If this isn't the right instruction's, go to diesel manor's home page, look in the upper right hand corner, click on instalation instruction's, pick the one's that's right for you, and fix your stuff. I can't believe they didn't send direction's. I'd call them and have them fax them to you. Talk to David. He's the main man around there when it come's to getting thing's took care of. Super nice guy.

http://www.dieselmanor.com/docs/ISSPRO-IS014.pdf