3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Hot Juice w/codes & ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot Juice w/codes & ???

Just got my juice updated for a big trip last week and only made it about 30 miles before truck started surging and missing real bad. This was with the Juice/ EZ stacked ez plugged in first with juice plugged into it running EZ on 3 and juice on 2. Got pulled over on the freeway and unhooked both but not before check engine light and it threw a p0206 & p2149. I have searched the site and found info on 2149 but not much 0206. Wondering from some of the experts hear if I have hurt something or what caused this situation. Truck has never thrown a code prior to this.
I did get back intouch with Edge products they switched the box out but now I'm real hesitant to run it, depend on my truck everyday and would hate to hurt it if I haven't already.

Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have never had any issues with my hot box. Sorry I cant be of help. the only time the throttle is touchy or it seems to surge is on level 5 when at highway type speeds but I am guessing that is due to my lack of experience with that much power available. I towed 9k from MA to TX on levels 1-3 without a problem the first week I had it on my truck.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by T398
Just got my juice updated for a big trip last week and only made it about 30 miles before truck started surging and missing real bad. This was with the Juice/ EZ stacked ez plugged in first with juice plugged into it running EZ on 3 and juice on 2. Got pulled over on the freeway and unhooked both but not before check engine light and it threw a p0206 & p2149. I have searched the site and found info on 2149 but not much 0206. Wondering from some of the experts hear if I have hurt something or what caused this situation. Truck has never thrown a code prior to this.
I did get back intouch with Edge products they switched the box out but now I'm real hesitant to run it, depend on my truck everyday and would hate to hurt it if I haven't already.

Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated!!
The 2149 code is due to running the box before the truck is running at least to 174*It takes me at least 15 minutes before I hit 174*. I usually leave mine at stock or 1 and go till 180* to be safe. My guess is the same for the other code. The edge tech told me this about operating temp. when I had the same problem. My truck shut completly off though. I dont think you hurt anything. My truck ran fine and still does after throwing several codes over the first few weeks.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:12 AM

guess I got lucky then.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:09 AM

When I ran a HOT Juice & EZ stack I had the Juice plugged into the MAP sensor first and the EZ plugged into the Juice pigtail I believe. Never threw a code with that stack and I ran it hard on all levels at the track.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:17 PM

I just ran out and checked mine and I have the EZ plugged in first and then the Juice is plugged into that and then the stock is plugged into that. I have run this way for close to 2 years now with no problems and my truck has never thrown a code at all.

The temp limit is just fuel backdown. The box won't fully fuel until the water temp shows 174. It will add percentages of extra fuel up until then though just not a full 100%. I have run my truck in the winter at negative temps on level 5 and it runs fine just not getting all of the potential of the box until 174 water temp is all. It states all of this in the manual that comes with the Juice.

Sounds like you got a bad box or you didn't have all of the connections seated.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by staarma
I just ran out and checked mine and I have the EZ plugged in first and then the Juice is plugged into that and then the stock is plugged into that. I have run this way for close to 2 years now with no problems and my truck has never thrown a code at all.

The temp limit is just fuel backdown. The box won't fully fuel until the water temp shows 174. It will add percentages of extra fuel up until then though just not a full 100%. I have run my truck in the winter at negative temps on level 5 and it runs fine just not getting all of the potential of the box until 174 water temp is all. It states all of this in the manual that comes with the Juice.

Sounds like you got a bad box or you didn't have all of the connections seated.
I have to disagree with you on the part about the only thing happening is - 'not full potential'. Twice my truck shut completely off while on level five before it was warmed up. 2146 and 2149 coded. The second time I called Edge and the tech said dont run it on level 4 or 5 untill it is at operating temp. He said and I quote "the best thing to do is start it on stock and let it warm up before hitting the performance levels." If a tech says that about his product I think its more than just 'not hitting full potential'.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:25 PM

Well...the guy you talked to either was having a bad day or there was some misunderstanding. Your truck shutting off is a problem that should be addressed soon. It is not normal. An inline module either works or it doesn't. It is just adding to what there is stock it isn't building a whole new duration and timing map.

Here is a quote right out of the manual from Edges' web site.

"The Juice also regulates power delivery and timing based on engine temperature. This means that while the engine temperature is below 140° F no additional fueling or timing is delivered. At 140° F the module begins delivering fuel at 25% of the calculated additional fuel, and the percentage increases as the engine temperature increases, until at full engine temperature (174° F) the Juice delivers 100% of the calculated additional fuel. At full engine temperature the Juice also starts modifying timing."

Herte is a link to the quote. Look on page 5. http://www.edgeproducts.com/pdf/inst...structions.pdf

Happy motoring.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:00 PM

Thanks for info from all.

Well I put the new juice on and got the same thing engine surging and a bad miss. I hear ya on the warm up thing but can't beleive that is it since I don't get on my truck when its cold ever. I definetly know that's not wise with or with out a chip, If anything I'm on the other end of that spectrum of letting my truck idle to much. Miles/Hours= 28.1mph.

Does anyone know what would cause the p0206 code? I see alot of p2149 related to engine temps but not much if any on the p0206.

Is there a possibility that my truck just does not like the 2.1 version?

Thanks for any input!
Old 05-18-2006, 04:15 PM

P0206 Injector 6 Control Circuit and P2149 Fuel Injector Group 2 Supply Voltage Circuit is what I found for code definitions. https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...n&onlynewfaq=1 This would indicate that either the injector connectors are swapped or a pin is not making contact. I would recheck the injector connection order, inspect all of the pins and reconnect using dielectric grease. If those solutions fail then I'm not sure what to do next.

It has nothing to do with temps, I repeat, it has nothing to do with temps.