3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Hot juice w/ Attitude?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot juice w/ Attitude?

I am thinking of switching from the Banks to a Hot juice w/ attitude, because of the gauges and all the new equiptment. I saw on one post that they go up to 180hp settings?? Is this true for the 03-04 CTD HO?? I looked at their site and only saw 100hp ones for both 04 and 04.5 trucks. Am I missing something? Also, would you get the juice w/ attitude, tst, or Bullydog( I can get bully dog at cost from my buddie who is there sales rep, but not sure which bully dog product is the best). I have also heard of the Crazy larry program, which is the way to go?? I origianally got the banks because of all of the safety features and the high horsepower output. The only reason I would trade my banks is for more power, can I get it with the attitude, or better yet can I really get 180hp with the edge?
Old 02-06-2006, 06:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that is what they say. there site does not mention the 03-04 hot juice at all and limited mention of the 04.5+ but it does exist. I am not sure if the 180hp setting is completely effective on a stock truck. both bullydog CL and edge hot juice have a big jump in power. so it is kind of all or nothing. there are not intermediate steps. that would give me pause.

I would definatly get rid of the banks if you want more power. it is not as stackable for one. everybody who want unlimted power is going to stack eventually. even if you don't want to stack the banks has to go to get more power.

here are some options

1. hot juice/CL triple dog
2. hot juice/CL triple dog stacked with pressure box(mp-8 or ez for example)
3. TST powermax
4. TST powermax stacked with a pressure box(mp-8 or ez for example)

If I were trying for more power I might try stacking the MP-8 with my regular juice. this would allow me to ramp into the extra power if that makes sense. I see alot of people stacking so someone might chime in. I know my transmission would self destruct at 180hp.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:38 PM

According to Edge, you can not stack a pressure box with the Juice or Hot Juice.

If ultimate power is your goal it seems the TST & EZ (or MP8) combo are best.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:37 PM

I sent my Juice w/Attitude to Edge today for Hot Juice upgrade. According to Edge the 180hp. is for the 600 series. The 03-04 will only get 150hp. upgrade. Which dissapointed me I was hoping for the 180hp.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:10 PM

Do they sell it pre-hot juiced? How much was the upgrade? Do you guy's think that this 150hp upgrade will be giving me some noticeable differnce from my banks?
Old 02-06-2006, 08:22 PM

Price for the Cummins upgrade is $100.00. I am not sure but I don't think you can get it when you order, but I may be wrong. As for a difference over the Banks, from what I have heard the regular Edge /Attitude is an improvement over Banks/Sixgun. But that's only what I have read on here. I was going to get the Bank's but chose the Edge/Attitude. Mine should be in tomorrow. One thing to keep in mind is that you will need transmision upgrades or a clutch upgrade for the Hot Juice.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:50 PM

You can order the Hot Juice according to Mark at DPP. He said it was around $100 more. I've also seen it listed on a website before but not sure where.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:57 PM

Join TDR for $35 and get it flashed for free.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:18 PM

Or, maybe DTR can negotiate the same deal with Edge.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Goggleyed
According to Edge, you can not stack a pressure box with the Juice or Hot Juice.

If ultimate power is your goal it seems the TST & EZ (or MP8) combo are best.
now are you just talking 03-04 model? I know you can stack pressure with the 04.5+

I do agree though the best power stack would be the TST and mp-8.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by hognutz
now are you just talking 03-04 model? I know you can stack pressure with the 04.5+

I do agree though the best power stack would be the TST and mp-8.
According to Edge, stacking the EZ or any other pressure box with the 03/04 Juice causes problems. It has something to do with the fact that the 03/04 Juice is already using pressure on the bottom end. No one ever had a solid explaination other than "it would cause problems." Since this was coming from the manufacturor I decided against the stack (even though I have the EZ sitting on the shelf. Perhaps someone else has given it a try and will pipe in with their results.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:25 AM

So what kind of tranny upgrades do I need to run the hot juice?? I like the attitude better than TST because of the features. The TST also seems like it can easily mess up a stock truck. I am wanting to start adding some stuff to my truck, like tranny upgrades, exhaust (which I need help deciding on), new chip, and maybe some TC upgrades later on down the road.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:42 PM

Boss,
I'm in the same boat with choosing a box and tranny upgrades, and from what I can tell so far, DTT seems to be the TC/VB of choice around here. Others spoke highly of Goerend Brothers and would be my second choice.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by DirtEater
Or, maybe DTR can negotiate the same deal with Edge.
Since I am a member of both, I'm covered.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Booger
Price for the Cummins upgrade is $100.00. I am not sure but I don't think you can get it when you order, but I may be wrong. As for a difference over the Banks, from what I have heard the regular Edge /Attitude is an improvement over Banks/Sixgun. But that's only what I have read on here. I was going to get the Bank's but chose the Edge/Attitude. Mine should be in tomorrow. One thing to keep in mind is that you will need transmision upgrades or a clutch upgrade for the Hot Juice.
Bully Dog Crazy Larry upgrade..... available online...price....FREE....hp increase 230.......MMM...MMM...GOOD!
Cheers
Bekim
###

Quick Reply: Hot juice w/ Attitude?