3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Hot juice stacked with?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hotrod929
I dont have a truck yet but im looking3 a0t an 04 or 05. Hows the smoke on your 03?
The Predator downloader by itself on level 3 would be maybe a 7 on a scale of 1-10.

The Juice on 5 by itself would be a 6 on a scale of 1-10.

Put the two together on level 3 and 5 and lets just say that the only thing that might rival the blackout it makes would be the asteroid that hit the earth 65 million years ago.

Seriously though - the juice can be adjusted on low boost fueling adjustment to create less smoke or more on all 5 levels. The Predator just writes over the original computer program and cannot be adjusted on my 03. So you are stuck with whatever smoke it makes on all 3 levels.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Marino
If you would like poor mans solution for your fuel pressure just add a Carter pump from Napa for around 95.00. Installs inline. My pressure carries at 25 and I cant get it to go below 17 at WOT with all gadgets on. I have seen it go to 14 with a dirty fuel filter.
So you have two stock lift pumps? Do you think this would work on an 04.5? Just a note I had a lift pump die on me so i have the pump in the tank now.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by rufushusky
So you have two stock lift pumps? Do you think this would work on an 04.5? Just a note I had a lift pump die on me so i have the pump in the tank now.
I still have the stock pump with the Carter inline... but I am not sure I would consider the Carter a stock pump. Its an industrial application pump and it flows quite a bit of fuel. Cant remeber the numbers but its what I have been running for two years now in extreme applications and havent had any problems. If it was me, get the updated lift pump and then add the Carter. Its really easy to add it inline to existing fuel lines. Mounts on the frame right beside the fuel tank driver side. There is some cutting of lines invloved and measuring but its really cheap. I run with all the guys that have spent 400-700 on fass and glacier and my truck keeps up or beats them I think some of the fuel pumps out there are a little over priced and over kill. - but thats just me - poor wv hillbilly
Old 09-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Banned

I still have the stock pump with the Carter inline... but I am not sure I would consider the Carter a stock pump. Its an industrial application pump and it flows quite a bit of fuel. Cant remeber the numbers but its what I have been running for two years now in extreme applications and havent had any problems. If it was me, get the updated lift pump and then add the Carter. Its really easy to add it inline to existing fuel lines. Mounts on the frame right beside the fuel tank driver side. There is some cutting of lines invloved and measuring but its really cheap. I run with all the guys that have spent 400-700 on fass and glacier and my truck keeps up or beats them I think some of the fuel pumps out there are a little over priced and over kill. - but thats just me - poor wv hillbilly
I totally agree with K.I.S.S.

When I did this mod on my 99 dually the pump was loud enough to hear inside the cab. The 99's were quit abit louder then the newer trucks and the in-line pump might be even more anoying on a newer truck. Is your pump quieter? The one I installed was a Carter from summitracing that made 16 psi if I remember correct.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:10 PM

So my stock pump, a carter pump and a glacier 2 micron fuel filter and I should be good for 500rwhp or so?
Old 09-21-2007, 01:14 PM

Sorry to keep bugging ya but it this the pump you are talking about:

http://www.carterfueldelivery.com/fu...s/electric.php
Old 09-23-2007, 10:00 PM

Annnyyybbbooddddyyy???
Old 09-24-2007, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by rufushusky
Annnyyybbbooddddyyy???
Sorry, havent been around for three days. Yes that is the pump...but some are colored a little different or have different lettering. But that is pretty much it. I know some places have them priced differently also.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:56 AM

Sorry, havent been around for three days. Yes that is the pump...but some are colored a little different or have different lettering. But that is pretty much it. I know some places have them priced differently also.
Awesome thanks man!