3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Hot J/A + TS MP8 VS Smarty+silverbullet+...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot J/A + TS MP8 VS Smarty+silverbullet+...

Ok guys here's a run down, read this carefully.

My truck: 05 4x4 short bed DTT 48re....295 Nitto All Terrains....Fass 150, AFE stage II, HOT Juice/Attitude on level 5 with a TS MP8 on about 40%. STOCK TURBO

Other truck: 04.5 4x4 long bed Dunrite FULL Billet 48re, 265 BFG All terrains...Fass 200, AFE Stage II, SMARTY on level 7, TS MP8 on 50%, II Silver bullet, Don M injector tips....dynoed 546hp.

Squared 'em for a race....4wd Boosted Launch. I was not driving my truck since i got a ticket 3 weeks ago and can't get another one for reasons.....anyhow a good, knowledged friend of mine was driving my truck.

First time....my truck started too soon, before the 04.5 did, but my truck was pulling away.

Second time.....04.5 got a jump off the line but my truck caught up and steadily pulled right past him by a good distance.....i think we hit a top speed of 90 or so?

I was impressed. Thats just a bit of info for you guys looking at different mods and looking at piecing different parts together for an overall package.

Also, DTT converters are waaaay better than Dunrite converters.

Not bad mouthing the 04.5 by any means, (he is a member here) i really like his truck and he is a great guy....just sharing an experience with no harsh intentions.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Banned

Hmm. Makes me wonder what I could do against ya in 2 weeks.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Hmm. Makes me wonder what I could do against ya in 2 weeks.
bring it. win or lose i don't care, we will have fun. I'm PM some details to you.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:09 AM
Banned

Can anyone explain this? a 546hp truck was outran by a 450hp truck if i am lucky. what gives?

I rode in the 04.5 during this event. The truck had flat power and wasn't a "throw you back in the seat" truck....just like my smarty was on my truck.

anyone read where i am going with this? Can anyone explain this to me? i'm eager to learn.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:25 AM

I would say it has to do with the hot juice,, I know that I have been trying lots of things lately,, but since I put the hot juice in,,,, woah!! I really have to think that it makes all the difference

Kevin
Old 10-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by morkable
I would say it has to do with the hot juice,, I know that I have been trying lots of things lately,, but since I put the hot juice in,,,, woah!! I really have to think that it makes all the difference

Kevin

I love mine too!

But theres no way I am making anyway near 546hp with my truck! but i can out run him?
Old 10-27-2006, 12:33 AM

RobertP dynoed like 540+hp at Fall Brawl with a stock turbo.
I have also seen a truck dyno 538hp with a stock turbo locally.

So what happend is really all not out of line.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
RobertP dynoed like 540+hp at Fall Brawl with a stock turbo.
I have also seen a truck dyno 538hp with a stock turbo locally.

So what happend is really all not out of line.
seriously? i need to find a dyno!

A group of diesel guys from Texas A&M are looking for a place to dyno.....we have some toys we want to play with.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:39 AM

I raced a fellow the other day, he had a sps66, a triple stack, ppe hot, mp8 and something else,, cant remember what it was. He took me off the line for a short bit,,just enough to get in front of me, then it was dead even all the way to top speed,, and I was only running the diablosport. No Juice. I would like to try him again now, I am quite positive that I could take him now,, oh and he had bigger injectors too.

Kevin
Old 10-27-2006, 12:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by morkable
I raced a fellow the other day, he had a sps66, a triple stack, ppe hot, mp8 and something else,, cant remember what it was. He took me off the line for a short bit,,just enough to get in front of me, then it was dead even all the way to top speed,, and I was only running the diablosport. No Juice. I would like to try him again now, I am quite positive that I could take him now,, oh and he had bigger injectors too.

Kevin
Does that make sense to you? it makes no sense to me!
Old 10-27-2006, 12:41 AM

I would love to get on a dyno too, I would love to see what I am putting on the ground now

Kevin
Old 10-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Banned

See, 97 you dont even remember me smoking the @#$#$% out of those new tires

For everyone else, I was the driver of 97's truck yesterday.

The 04.5 has honed injector tips with his stock CP3, in my honest opinion that is what made him lose. He is just dropping rail pressure, its simple. He is running a FASS 200 @50 psi the whole time we ran. The stock CP3 just cant get it to the rail. He might dyno 546hp but that is just a blast of HP not a steady run, he eventually just runs dry.

He is a very good guy, and I am sure he will have it rockin and rollin ASAP.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SPEEDSHIFT
See, 97 you dont even remember me smoking the @#$#$% out of those new tires

For everyone else, I was the driver of 97's truck yesterday.

The 04.5 has honed injector tips with his stock CP3, in my honest opinion that is what made him lose. He is just dropping rail pressure, its simple. He is running a FASS 200 @50 psi the whole time we ran. The stock CP3 just cant get it to the rail. He might dyno 546hp but that is just a blast of HP not a steady run, he eventually just runs dry.

He is a very good guy, and I am sure he will have it rockin and rollin ASAP.

i know what you are saying but i don't see how....his only fueling mod is the Smarty on 7....i don't think thats enough fueling to drain the rail.

I rode in the truck i didn't feel anywhere in the powerband when the power died down....it consistently pulled just not as fast as mine. Its the same flat powerband that i experienced with the Smarty on my truck...I don't like it.

Who knows for sure until he gets a rail pressure gauge....I would love to see a TST on that truck but he said he could never get it to work right
Old 10-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 973604x4
i know what you are saying but i don't see how....his only fueling mod is the Smarty on 7....i don't think thats enough fueling to drain the rail.

I rode in the truck i didn't feel anywhere in the powerband when the power died down....it consistently pulled just not as fast as mine. Its the same flat powerband that i experienced with the Smarty on my truck...I don't like it.

Who knows for sure until he gets a rail pressure gauge....I would love to see a TST on that truck but he said he could never get it to work right
Yeah the Smarty was on 7, but what was the MP8 on? The injectors are the real killer. The rail is just running dry, thats why he dosnt pull as hard, he is running out of fuel. Its not going to kill the motor, it is just running low on fuel. It will pop when it is completly dry.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SPEEDSHIFT
Yeah the Smarty was on 7, but what was the MP8 on? The injectors are the real killer. The rail is just running dry, thats why he dosnt pull as hard, he is running out of fuel.
TS was on 50%.....but riding in the truck it never came on hard at all....it was just the smarty crap did on my truck. I would think power would hit for an instant then as the rail goes dry it would lay down....but i'm no expert. maybe we need to sit around talking theories of all this stuff this weekend

Quick Reply: Hot J/A + TS MP8 VS Smarty+silverbullet+...