3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

high ram intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 02:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M1AM14SPUR
I don't quite get where the sarcasm remark came from. but ok.
sorry- the sarcasm wasn't directed at you but at desertchecker who stated that banks products were more expensive than others and that you can get the same product for less $$$ by going with another company. every other company's intake was more expensive than what i paid for my high ram. once again, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:40 PM

chipmonk the high ram by banks might be the only part besides the banks inter-cooler that is a decent price & performance. chipmonk what I said is not meant to be sarcastic, its just a fact that most of the banks products are sold at inflated pricing and bear the Banks name plastered all over & the products tend to under- perform vs the competition. example TST vs banks 6 gun , stock 4 inch exhaust vs 4 banks monster exhaust , banks bullet vs smarty JR , the list could go on and on. I give credit to Gale Banks he has contributed to some fast diesels , however that does not change the fact that you pay a serious sum of money to Advertise His Name BANKS on your truck. FYI I did grind the banks name & logo off my intake, because I did not want Banks to get credit for the other mods on my truck and I do not get paid to advertise for banks.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by desertchecker
chipmonk the high ram by banks might be the only part besides the banks inter-cooler that is a decent price & performance. chipmonk what I said is not meant to be sarcastic, its just a fact that most of the banks products are sold at inflated pricing and bear the Banks name plastered all over & the products tend to under- perform vs the competition. example TST vs banks 6 gun , stock 4 inch exhaust vs 4 banks monster exhaust , banks bullet vs smarty JR , the list could go on and on. I give credit to Gale Banks he has contributed to some fast diesels , however that does not change the fact that you pay a serious sum of money to Advertise His Name BANKS on your truck. FYI I did grind the banks name & logo off my intake, because I did not want Banks to get credit for the other mods on my truck and I do not get paid to advertise for banks.
while i understand what you're saying, some of your comparisons are not of equal products. for instance, the bullet is a very different product than smarty jr. the bullet is a moderate hp, fuel only, plug in tuner with gauges that stacks with a dl while smarty jr. is a programmer that re-writes your ecm. i have never owned a six gun and don't plan on it, but i would think that most who have one, got it for moderate performance with safety features and not just ba**s out hp which is why most people will get the tst (and to stack with a dl). i don't use any banks product for the name, but because it fit my needs and the price was good compared to similar products from other companies. jmo...