3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Hi Hot Hi Hot its Smarty Beta 4.4 s04 I got

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
this software needs to be tone downed for better egts' and fuel mileage.

This program is too aggressive for the average daily towing truck.

When Marco releases the new software is will do alot better job then what I offered up as a beta program

Factor S
Old 06-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait very eager
Old 06-11-2007, 06:59 PM

When Marco releases the new software is will do alot better job then what I offered up as a beta program
The beta flat out for throttle response and linearity so hopefully this part doesn't change!
Old 06-11-2007, 07:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JStieger
The beta flat out for throttle response and linearity so hopefully this part doesn't change!

that will not change. and there will be more positives too
Old 06-11-2007, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
that will not change. and there will be more positives too
I'm ready to buy one when you're ready to sell. For my 2003 of course.......
Old 06-11-2007, 07:41 PM

I have no problem with this program but ya it is a little aggressive for towing on sw7....sw5 should be ok....my tranny ain't complaining and mileage is better but I'm sure there is room for even more improvement. It sure is a pile of fun...I love my truck even more. I was gonna ask for 4.2 and 4.3 but this program according to the others is probably just as good so I'll keep it... If Marco goes on a Tequila bender and makes a 5.1...send her my way.....these tires have to go. Thanks Bob for hooking me up. I will have more empirical data by next wednesday....Kerry
Old 06-12-2007, 07:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
4.4 aggressive?? Nawwww. I don't know how much more these poor Michelins can take, and I'm trying to drive like a sane person.

And this is only at level 5.

MikeyB
Old 06-12-2007, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
Factor S
I'm not sure how that is possible....but bring it on!

It may be too aggressive for towing (i'm not sure as i dont tow), but it's near perfect for daily driving.....at least on level 3.....doctile when you want it to be and agressive when you utilize the go go pedal! It took me a while to warm to beta 4.4....but that's becasue i was used to driving the original smarty where all the power was in the first 1/4" of throttle....once i learned that it's much more linear, i've been giving it more throttle and this things an absolute joy to drive on level 3....1/2 throttle or more and it runs like a scalded ape....transmision gets updated this weekend....level 5 / 7 / 9 here i come!

Bob / Marco, keep up the good work....i cant believe 4.4 can be improved upon, but i would have said that about the regular verision as well...
Old 06-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Banned

improvement? ha-how? thanks to both of you.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:22 PM

Poooooffffffff

Switched to SW3 today to do some towing .....8 to 11k through some hilly territory. The truck shifts early into 2nd ....which makes it smooth and powerful.....3rd is a little late but that could be my faulty governor sensor to....How much HP is 3 suppose to give me....It towed very very strong...pulled like a train....and EGT's weren't crazy for the acceleration I was getting.
I dropped the trailer to get some forklift propane and got behind some traffic so I pulled out to pass the 5 slow pokes and made it by all five in about 4 seconds....then Poooofffffff.....I let out of it and figure....oh man...that blocked wastegate just took out the turbo and there is a coal train of smoke behind me.....nope....kept driving and still no serious smoke but power is down...Didn't freak (many blow hoses on the twins at 75psi cured that) and kept going...Got back to the race shop check all the intercooler lines figuring I blew a hole in one of them....nope....blew the hose right off the pipe in going the intercooler....I didn't notice boost as there was oncoming traffic and I was doing 90 but ....I'd guess 42psi....on the 04 stock turbo. SW3 is a powerhouse compared to regular sw3 but there is a good amount of defueling it seems to keep the shifts smooth. Easy to tow with....no eggshell foot required. With my Flux 1.5's this is a great daily drive setting that would handle most threats. Kerry
Old 06-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Banned

a little feedback from driving / towing 4.4 today

i droped it from my normal setting of #9 to #3 just to be on the safe side (limping clutch till next weekend and stock turbo)
i can definetly tell where the timing map starts to advace.. 2k...
i wasnt heavy, old flatdeck moble home based trailor with a early bronco on it.. im guessing mayby 8k? but rolling down i5 flat ground in 6th i was sitting @ 900 @60 mph/1700 ish. i rolled up to 70mph/2000 rpm and watched the pyro drop to 600, still only making about 8psi..

beta 4.4 seems to make a few psi less boost than the 4.3 did, and the advance seems to come in 400 rpm later.

so my take on it... w/ 4.4 you ether need to tow heaver to make it worth dropping a gear or tow faster.

as far as running around empty on #9 its much smoother, verry easy to drive. i miss the punchy 2 stroke feel that 4.3 has, but for the mainstreem public its probably a good thing. its easyer to maintain traction in the rain than 4.3 was.

as far as economy: ive got about 100 miles on it since toping off last night. 60 of it my normal route, pluss threw in 40 miles of towing above. the gauge still has not budged off the peg. overhead is still above 20.. (normaly within a few tenths of hand calc)

bob & marco : after 24 hours im liking 4.3 better, but ill runnit atleast thru a tank or two, if economy improves over 4.3 ill keep it in longer, it does feel stronger when floging it and playing around above 2500.... i just dont normaly drive in that range..
Old 06-24-2007, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by drillpipe
I still have a slight rattle with the new 4.4 software. But the driveability is orders of magnitude better than the previous Wild program. For in town driving #3 is about as high as I can go or the smoke gets fairly heavy for me until spool up. One thing that really impresses me is the fact that 4.4 on #3 pulls harder and way smoother than #7 on the Wild version.
Also, mileage seems to be up by about 1 mpg. I have a 3500 mile roadtrip coming up next week hauling my Jeep so I will get a good mileage report and post back up. All in all a very superior program vs the older versions. Keep up the good work Bob and Marco.

Well, just got back from my Moab UT roadtrip yesterday. Towing about 8K (rockcrawler and spares). Made a sidetrip through Denver to see the guys at ATS. What a nice setup over there.

Tried SW #1, #2, #3 avged 10.8 mpg between the setting this was pulling on flat ground and through the mountains, 72-75 mph. The best I saw was 11.1 throught the Panhandle of Texas SW#1. Smoke was not bad and egt's never got over 1150 at 75 mph. Tried a few tanks with nothing on and avged 10.2 mpg. Also tried a couple tanks with just the EZ on level 2 and avged 10.5 mpg. All in all Smarty seemed to help mileage and it definitely helped on EGT's.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Banned

is beta 4.4 for stock turbos or aftermarket.......?
Old 06-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluechrome
is beta 4.4 for stock turbos or aftermarket.......?
im pretty sure its being tested for both at the moment.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:21 PM

i run a stock 03 w/ roctek sencer.
if i got a smarty would i need gagues or could i getby without

gregg

Quick Reply: Hi Hot Hi Hot its Smarty Beta 4.4 s04 I got