3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Hi Hot Hi Hot its Smarty Beta 4.4 s04 I got

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm, it was low 40's this morning, but i havent driven her in 6 days. we'll see tonight when i get off work and drive it more. thanks fellas
Old 06-08-2007, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by tlgdiesel
The fan is mechanical the fan clutch is electrical
Ah, okay. Nice knowing the clutch is electronically controlled.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone know what the torque management level is for v4.4?

MikeyB
Old 06-08-2007, 09:04 PM

The grid heater spacer is available virtually everywhere I think.....I got mine at Mass Diesel. 20 or 30 bucks....available in colors.

Since this is the towing and mileage program....I would think that Torque Management is left pretty much in tact. I don't find any intrusive defueling....Just that the high rpm shifts are too smooth to have the power being on full for the shifts. I'm going to track the truck when the LSD arrives...but it won't be for 10days or so. KS
Old 06-08-2007, 10:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
mickey this will be tamed down in the posted softwares
Old 06-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Banned

maybe i missed it or something. guys with the six speeds how is the throttle response when taking off? also how is this program for boost for you guys? lots a questions im sorry. im just really intrested in the more linier throttle and the boost sooner. that seems like the ticket. well the additional power is a plus too!
Old 06-09-2007, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Robert P
maybe i missed it or something. guys with the six speeds how is the throttle response when taking off? also how is this program for boost for you guys? lots a questions im sorry. im just really intrested in the more linier throttle and the boost sooner. that seems like the ticket. well the additional power is a plus too!
I dont have the 6 speed, but 4.4 is 10x's more linear on power delivery, and instant boost is not a problem....and a lot more top end....
Old 06-09-2007, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by jrussell
I REALLY noticed a difference when it was put back to standard Wild on the dyno...MUCH more rattle at idle. With 4.4 mine doesn't rattle at all warm or cold, and it was started in the mid-40's here yesterday.
I still have a slight rattle with the new 4.4 software. But the driveability is orders of magnitude better than the previous Wild program. For in town driving #3 is about as high as I can go or the smoke gets fairly heavy for me until spool up. One thing that really impresses me is the fact that 4.4 on #3 pulls harder and way smoother than #7 on the Wild version.
Also, mileage seems to be up by about 1 mpg. I have a 3500 mile roadtrip coming up next week hauling my Jeep so I will get a good mileage report and post back up. All in all a very superior program vs the older versions. Keep up the good work Bob and Marco.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:30 AM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Kerry.

To me that throttle responce is great, but I have never ran a DL until now. I am not having a hard time controlling smoke but I do have to drive carefully. I also got some timing rattel yesterday with smarty 6, tst 3/1, 2/1, 2/0 all on 12*, but I bumped it down to 9* and seemed to cure it, this was only on WOT. I am gonna try sw 7 today with little to no timing from the tst.

This thing is deceptively fast. I can go from 60 to 95 in a couple seconds and it feels like I shoul only be goin 75-80.

All in all I couldnt be happier, but the way things are goin with the smarty I cant wait to try some differant version.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Robert P
Robert,
The throttle response is very linear and smooth, even right off idle. At level 5 its still smokes pretty good until the boost is up but the boost does come on sooner than before.
I will get some more driving time in today for a better feel at high gear WOT, boost and EGTs.

Update: At WOT (no towing) the EGTs is right around 1100 degrees, just like version 309 that I was running. Boost is 32psi. Did notice that the throttle is a little more sensitive at highway speeds. I could feel a slight surging when the freeway gets choppy.

MikeyB
Old 06-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Banned

im currently on 4.3 (race program?), waiting to try 4.4 (tow program?)
ill post diferances between those once i recive it and get som seat time. ive posted a best tank to date of just over 26mpg hand calc on #9 4.3, so we'll see how much better it can get.

in comparisons to current production versions, ie available for download off the web, 4.3 was a night and day diferance. comparing to the wild programing there is mych more botom end, comes on smoother and faster, could definetly tell in lower gears (6sp) that there was a defenet change in the timing coming in around 1600, between the boost coming on fast at that point and the timing change it feels like a 2 stroke if your on it. the prior wild was touchy and felt like it was @90% fueling by 1/4 throtle. now on 4.3 its not quite as touchy, feels just as strong @ 1/4 but keeps getting stronger as you feed it more. as long as you dont lug it smokes not a problem, but it is willing to roll coal on demand.

marco's definetly getting a hang of these, and bob needs to be arested for selling something more adictive than crack... lol keep it up guys!
Old 06-09-2007, 09:45 PM

The fan acts real weird, comes on just at any given time. It only does it with the smarty, i took it off and put the cl back on and it was normal again, back with smarty and doin it again. Maybe bob or marco could chime in, isnt this why its called beta?
Throttle is a tad touchier than the crazy larry for those who want to compare, smoke a tad less, turbo lits easier, faster.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Banned

i did notice my fan activating alot more often with 4.4 than with the wild programs. Bob, is this expected, or is turbopwr and mine an exception?
Old 06-11-2007, 01:54 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
i did notice my fan activating alot more often with 4.4 than with the wild programs. Bob, is this expected, or is turbopwr and mine an exception?
I can't say I have noticed my fan turned on more w/4.4 than 4.3. I have to say it doesn't come on much at all so I would have noticed if it had been. Hope that helps some.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Banned

When is this going to be availabe 4 all us regulars?

Quick Reply: Hi Hot Hi Hot its Smarty Beta 4.4 s04 I got