3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

HELP PLEASE !!!! From a mega cab owner.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP PLEASE !!!! From a mega cab owner.

Hello I need help from some one with a mega cab to please measure some things on their truck for me. I have a 2005 quad cab long bed 4x4 . I am trying to put a set of Rize traction bars on my truck. The problem I have is I do not have a body mount on my frame that the mega cab frame has. I need a Measurement from the rear end (starting at the front of the rear leaf spring mount by the spring that is welded to the rear end) to the back cab mount. The back cab mount is the one just in front of the fuel tank. The measurement should be to the center of the cab mount. This is the center of the bolt in the cab mount. I know it is not going to be easy but I need the help. Thank You and any questions let me know.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll go do it.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:36 PM

OK, it is about 42 inches from the front-most part of the leaf spring pad on the axle tube to the middle of the back-most cab mount.

I said; "about" because the front leaf spring mount and the bottom overload spring keep me from getting a straight shot between the two points. I had the tape measure touching the front of the pad and hanging down a few inches from the back/cab-mount/bolt. That measurement was 42 inches.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:49 PM

Thank you. When you say back/cab-mount/bolt this is the one in front of your gas tank right. Also when you say hanging down a few inches from the back/cab-mount/bolt i an a little confused if you could explane. I need to then center of the cab mount which is the center of the bolt> Agian thank you just want to make sure it right so i don't just drill the wrong holes. Thank you.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by bziggy
Thank you. When you say back/cab-mount/bolt this is the one in front of your gas tank right. Also when you say hanging down a few inches from the back/cab-mount/bolt i an a little confused if you could explane. I need to then center of the cab mount which is the center of the bolt> Agian thank you just want to make sure it right so i don't just drill the wrong holes. Thank you.
I actually did it on the right side of my truck, that way I was able to lay on the sidewalk instead of the street. It was definitely the back cab mount, and I was looking up to the center of the bolt that goes through the mount/frame/cab.

When I said "hanging down a bit," I meant that I can not make a straight line from the front of the leaf spring pad to the cab mount. The bottom leaf spring is in the way (the overload that sticks straight out, parallel with the ground). If the bottom leaf spring was not in the way, the mounts for the front of the leaf spring keep me from making a straight line as well.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:16 AM

How you making out Bziggy?