3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

HELP: New Quad X2 can't load usb drivers

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP: New Quad X2 can't load usb drivers

So I got my xzt X2 upgrade today and downloaded the 3 main files I want to use. The Max Mileage with boost fooling, the "tow" version and the file that just lets you read what program version is in the module. I plugged the USB cable in and the box and let Vista look for the drivers and no go. I hate being computer stupid.

so what know. I thought I saw in a thread where quad described how to load the device driver and can't find it. One thing I will say is I sent in my original box, instruction manual and DXZT2 chip and what I got back was just the new X2 box and usb cable. no directions. ughhhh.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:26 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Pretty sure there have been issues with Vista. Call quad in the a.m. to be sure. There is another thread about the X2 and they have talked about it there.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:58 PM

yeah, I'm frantically looking through the threads and saw someone had an issue with Vista also. When I talked to Justin at Quad he said they were all compatible with Vista and tested out. I am going to try my work laptop which has XP to see if I can get it going at least for tonight.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Banned

you have to ensure that .netframe is installed
Old 10-22-2007, 11:14 PM

I researched on Microsoft about the .net framework being installed on vista and found out that .net is part of the default in Vista. You can verify by going to the control panel and click on the features installed/not installed for windows in the left side column. .NET 3.0 is checked. I even checked the other 2 option boxes just to see if there was a difference. Also got an error message about the usb driver file location not being correct in c:windows for Vista. These are brand new HP computers I just got 3 weeks ago (2 of them).
Anyway, tried it on my work XP laptop and got it working. The driver install said there was an issue and not installed correctly but I can see the X2 module & SW installed and reprogram it and reverify the new program was flashed.
It looks like Quad is using the Atmel USB microcontroller as Vista says it is looking for the AT91 usb driver.
Couple of suggestions for future Quad. This box REALLY needs an LED. You can't tell if it is on or not when installed in the truck other than the truck starts and runs but how would the user know it just isn't in a bypass mode like the pigtail that comes with the XZT harness. I see an LED in there when connected to USB so why not have a window for that for power.
I'm really not trying to complain about service (yet) but I sent all the original packaging back including manuals and I get back just the box and cable in plain white box with bubble wrap. No instructions, no zip ties, no new patch of velcro. Just the little things. I would really like to see this get working with Vista as MS won't be supporting XP after next April and you can barely buy a new computer with XP anymore.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:16 PM

BTW, I just reflashed it with the Mileage Max program and I have 1/2 a tank left so we will see how it goes for daily commute.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:42 PM

Yep same thing here 06megacabman my vista has .net It will open all the software windows but once I plug in mod and do the find module it can't find it. Does work fine on wifes XP. It's weird it's the same on both except vista don't see it.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:48 PM

Yeah, I haven't had time to call Quad yet. I also got a usb driver file location error window but canceled the install at that point so who knows.

Luckily my work computer is working for now.