3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

help with mp-8 install!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help with mp-8 install!!!!

how does that stinkin **** mount on the dash?
Old 06-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Banned

Drill a hole wherever you want it and there is a little nut you just gotta tighten it up like a switch
Old 06-04-2009, 01:59 PM

i got it thanks! i took the retaining screw out of the **** but i couldn't get the **** to slide off the stem. ....i thought i was missing something and didn't want to break it. i got it though, thanks again
Old 06-04-2009, 05:47 PM

I mounted mine inside my cigarette lighter..looks like stock haha. Just took the lighter apart and put the **** in its place.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jason_K
i got it thanks! i took the retaining screw out of the **** but i couldn't get the **** to slide off the stem. ....i thought i was missing something and didn't want to break it. i got it though, thanks again
LOOK OUT 600hp here he comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good deal on the MP8 Jason, im following your foot steps and sellin my TST for one or some sticks!!
Old 06-04-2009, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by DodgeCTD
I mounted mine inside my cigarette lighter..looks like stock haha. Just took the lighter apart and put the **** in its place.
now that's a cool idea!!! too bad i already mounted it somewhere else very clever though

Originally Posted by Bswope
LOOK OUT 600hp here he comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good deal on the MP8 Jason, im following your foot steps and sellin my TST for one or some sticks!!
i'm trying buddy!!! i'd be set if i had your turbo....wanna trade??? i actually talked to chris at ED yesterday and i may have him do a little work on my turbo when i save up the dough.

i tell you what, by the time it's all said and done you and i are gonna have dang near the same setup
Old 06-04-2009, 07:59 PM

now that's a cool idea!!! too bad i already mounted it somewhere else very clever though

i'm trying buddy!!! i'd be set if i had your turbo....wanna trade??? i actually talked to chris at ED yesterday and i may have him do a little work on my turbo when i save up the dough.

i tell you what, by the time it's all said and done you and i are gonna have dang near the same setup
Chris is a great guy man, that reminds me I need to call him!

We sure will Jason, I just cant make my mind up on a MP8 or sticks, What ya think man?? Im gonna call DonM and see if the "rumor" that he might start doing just tips is true or not. If its true I might hold out for a set of those.....
Old 06-05-2009, 05:48 AM

Chris is a great guy man, that reminds me I need to call him!

We sure will Jason, I just cant make my mind up on a MP8 or sticks, What ya think man?? Im gonna call DonM and see if the "rumor" that he might start doing just tips is true or not. If its true I might hold out for a set of those.....
i think you'd see a bigger gain by going with some sticks first however if the donM rumor is true you may be better off waiting.

i haven't heard anything about him just doing the tips though. how does it work? similar to extrude hone? or something completely different?
Old 06-05-2009, 06:17 PM

i think you'd see a bigger gain by going with some sticks first however if the donM rumor is true you may be better off waiting.

i haven't heard anything about him just doing the tips though. how does it work? similar to extrude hone? or something completely different?
Your right Jason, sticks will for sure make more power and Im not sure how Don would work the tips but im gonna call him maybe tomorrow and talk with him abit and see what he say's about just doing tips. If not then mine will be on the way to Jim's and a MP8 on the way!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 06:26 PM

well buddy, it sounds like you have a plan for a killer setup
Old 06-05-2009, 06:58 PM

well buddy, it sounds like you have a plan for a killer setup
Man if I can get to 600 or alittle over with this setup Ill be more than happy, man. Im gonna go to Llyod's Open House and hopefully Jump on the dyno while im there and see what it will do with what I have now. Gotta get mt studs in this weekend.....
Old 06-05-2009, 08:10 PM

Your right Jason, sticks will for sure make more power and Im not sure how Don would work the tips but im gonna call him maybe tomorrow and talk with him abit and see what he say's about just doing tips. If not then mine will be on the way to Jim's and a MP8 on the way!!!!!!!!
just curious of how you plan to call Don?? I mentioned this to you a couple weeks ago that if he decides to do nozzles, it is going to be for the 305 motors first since they are not as prone to have pressure related damages
Old 06-06-2009, 05:52 AM

I know after we talked you called him to see what he had to say and he said he was more interested in the 03-04's first, but Im just more curious as to how long it may be before he is interested in doing the 04.5 and up tips and just talk with him abit on this subject, if its gonna be awhile id just like to know, that way I can either get a set of DDP's or send mine to Jim.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:52 AM

hey lloyd thanks again for hooking me up with the mp-8 and taking time out of your busy day to talk trucks a little bit
Old 06-06-2009, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by DodgeCTD
Would you mind posting up a couple pics of the mount? I just purchased an MP-8 and I kinda want it hidden. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: help with mp-8 install!!!!