3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Help Me Spend $

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Me Spend $

Ok I can't decide and I need some help and opinons. I have a 2006 Dodge dually look at sig. I can't decide to do 22.5" rims and tires, or Twins. I care more about performance than looks but it does perform soooooo I can't decide. What do you guys think, This will help with decision.

Thanks JD
Old 08-04-2006, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
Ok I can't decide and I need some help and opinons. I have a 2006 Dodge dually look at sig. I can't decide to do 22.5" rims and tires, or Twins. I care more about performance than looks but it does perform soooooo I can't decide. What do you guys think, This will help with decision.

Thanks JD
ur truck looks good dude id def. go twins just my opinion. aint much on anything above 20 anyway
Old 08-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Banned

Just so everyone knows I am talking 22.5 semi truck rims, and I know about the weight and all that just wanted to clarify.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:17 PM

I would go with the DD clutch and stay with the SPS66
Old 08-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Banned

I say get the Wheels!!! You have mad stacks so why not have mad wheels? They would make your truck more balanced.

I'll bet that you are thinking twins because of that lag with the 66. If you can deal with that get some wheels, but if it is bugging you do the twins.

Oh. I think you'll have a little more $$$ and downtime invested in the twins unless you just do studs.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Banned

Ya your probably right on the money but that is ok, Also it isn't because of lag I don't no what to say about this except that it dosen't lag and there ain't no surge. It is just because I want to run cooler and want more power.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Banned

Dude your truck is in DESPERATE need of wheels and tires. Make that your first priority.

Why in the world would you put a 4" lift on your truck and not lift it?????

That looks budget....

Chill out on the twins, only certian people need them and unless your ready to trun your new MC into a pro racer or pro hauler you will be just fine with mild mods. Besides you just can do twins and thats all. Research it you need a whole slough of parts go go with it, not to mention tranny upgrade, fueling, blah, blah, blah.

I personally think your MC would look awsome with 22.5. There's pics of other MC's w/ 22.5 and I dig the look.

Get some 22.5's and a Smarty and you'll be set.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by BigDan
Dude your truck is in DESPERATE need of wheels and tires. Make that your first priority.

Why in the world would you put a 4" lift on your truck and not lift it?????

That looks budget....

Chill out on the twins, only certian people need them and unless your ready to trun your new MC into a pro racer or pro hauler you will be just fine with mild mods. Besides you just can do twins and thats all. Research it you need a whole slough of parts go go with it, not to mention tranny upgrade, fueling, blah, blah, blah.

I personally think your MC would look awsome with 22.5. There's pics of other MC's w/ 22.5 and I dig the look.

Get some 22.5's and a Smarty and you'll be set.
The one in his sig is not a Mega Cab. Look at the rest of his pics. You'll see the 7" stacks on the other 06. Unless he got an 06 MC and put all the stuff from his other 06 on it. Is that what you did JD or is the MC someone else's?
Old 08-04-2006, 08:35 PM

JD,

Your truck looks awesome with those stacks! I vote for wheels as I see your truck quite a bit and the wheels would finish off the look----(we must live fairly close to each other) as far as performance goes, Zane can fix you up with turbo's any old time!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:07 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
http://www.ricksontruck.com/
Old 08-05-2006, 03:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 35" 05'
ur truck looks good dude id def. go twins just my opinion. aint much on anything above 20 anyway

Amen!! JD....Your truck looks awesome right now!! I say ADD the twins. Everybody is entitled to their opinion here........and mine is that the big rig wheels DO NOT make it look better. I think you already have the right balance right now. The big wheels, imo, just look out of proportion. Borderline silly.

TWINS!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2006, 04:54 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wheels, no doubt about it. I have seen several sets locally on all different DRW's, ALL of them are impressive.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Banned

Ya guys sorry about the confusion, my truck is the 06 with the stacks and all the other stuff the mc is my good freinds. I am prob leaning towards the wheels and tires right now but is a tuff decision.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06dmc
JD,

Your truck looks awesome with those stacks! I vote for wheels as I see your truck quite a bit and the wheels would finish off the look----(we must live fairly close to each other) as far as performance goes, Zane can fix you up with turbo's any old time!
I work in Sandy but live in Herriman, I am at Wide Open atleast once a day.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:03 PM

I say go with the wheels. They look tough on the Ram.

Kinda off topic, but has anyone payed attention to how certain areas of the country are into certain mods, while other regions tend to focus on a completely different type of mod? It seems in general, the boys in the south are all about the power, while the few west coasters here (there seems to be far fewer Dodge owners out here) like a little power but focus on suspension/offroad? Just an observation.

Quick Reply: Help Me Spend $