3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

help me find the right set-up

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help me find the right set-up

First thing is first, have an injector issue so theyre needing fixing/replacement
Wanting to go bigger with the injectors and probably a turbo and a cp3 mod to help support these if needed, i drive the truck to school on a daily basis and put a lot of miles driving back and forth from school to home and also tow a 10k toyhauler on the weekends... what would be a good injector/turbo set-up for my application? thanks in advance!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:00 AM

It depends on what kind of power your after. If you want just a little extra that will still tow good i would go with f1 flux 1 or 2's and a htt62 or sps 62 turbo and a arson kit for the cp3 but i see you dont have a lift pump so that would be the next best investment.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:22 PM

x2 on the depends on what your after power wise down the road.

I'd look at the F1 injectors from 1-1.6 or DDP 50 injectors. Probably wouldnt go any higher if its a daily driver/weekend towing rig. Will improve your fuel economy and clean up the smoke so your not dirtying up that toy hauler. If your looking at replacing the turbo as well I'm very happy with my HTT 62/65/13ss. Very good egt's with my DDP 50's and its spools close to stock (there is a small amount of lag but after a weeke of driving it you'd never know) As for towing the turbo rocks! and if you plan on going to twins it Nathan at MPI can hook you up. The SPS 62 turbo's would also work well.

I'm not sure on the whole 62/71 vs 62/65 turbo thing I spent alot of time researching turbos and searching the forum here. 62/71 is going to give you more top end and cool better when it gets there but the lag at the start will cause it to smoke a bit and cause you to have initially higher egts. If you can get a ride in someones rig that has a 62/65 or a 62/71 and see if you like it that would help in the decision.

As for the CP3 probably for what your looking at the Arson kit would probably be best. I'll probably eventually take my CP3 to a Stage 2 from floor it, but right now I dont see the need. I would upgrade your lift pump to a Fass 150 or the Mitusa pump both pumps will support your fueling needs.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by redraider2011
First thing is first, have an injector issue so theyre needing fixing/replacement
Wanting to go bigger with the injectors and probably a turbo and a cp3 mod to help support these if needed, i drive the truck to school on a daily basis and put a lot of miles driving back and forth from school to home and also tow a 10k toyhauler on the weekends... what would be a good injector/turbo set-up for my application? thanks in advance!
Injectors I would choose Formula 1 F1's, you will not need a CP3 upgrade for these sticks.

Turbo's, you have several choices here, I towed my 5th wheel toyhauler with an SPS62(62/71/14), AFE stg 1, stock injectors, stock CP3, TST/EZ for fueling and it did a great job. You state a built tranny in your sig, so if your tc is tight you will have no problem spooling it. If I were towing alot, >75% I would pick the PS62(62/65/14), just because it will spool quicker and virtually eliminate any lag. You can go with either II or HTT, they both have very good customer service.

I have never tried a BDTD, so I am not sure how aggressive their fueling is. I know a TST, or a Smarty with F1's and a 62 compressor w/65 or 71 turbine will have you close to 500hp, and you should be able to tow in the 400hp range without worrying about egt's.