3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Help me decide on Stock/ATS Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MR4WLR
I have never heard of you or your story to get the whole story, I did not post about you.
Just passing on what info I have.

What I posted did not come from TDR and is not that old of a post with no updates from the poster.
No doubt you haven't heard of me, which has absolutely nothing to do with this...

I've always been an advocate of people making informed decisions. If you are going to badmouth a company, regardless of who that company is, and you neglect to provide the whole story (i.e both sides of it), then you are spreading rhetoric, perpetuating a rumor, or whatever you want to call it to better YOUR cause. You found Bill Z's original complaint, which is fine and good, but in the interest of fairness, you should follow up your opinion with ALL of the facts. If you neglect to do that, then it appears that you have a bone in the fight, so to speak. It's my assumption (although I may be wrong) that you would want people to make informed decisions, knowing both sides of the issue, especially when the original poster came back and said what he (or she) did, pointing out the resolution was quite satisfactory to all parties involved.

That being said, what I posted did come from the TDR, and it was an update from the poster, showing that ATS does take care of issues that arise (much to the chagrin of the opposition).

So now, armed with the knowledge of BOTH sides of the issue, everyone can make an informed/educated decision about the issue at hand...

-joel
Old 04-01-2005, 10:18 AM

Amen Joel.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:01 PM

And again, I am 100% satisfied with my AtS equipment and their service. And from threads i have read on transmission threads over the past year or so , most all the aftermarket tranny shops Dtt, suncoast? ect are all good
Old 04-01-2005, 03:05 PM

Thanks to all for their input. The thing that sold me on ATS was that my performance technician used their parts in his truck. I have no doubt that their equipment will add a whole new dimension to my truck. Still on the fence but leaning towards sooner rather than later.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:14 PM

CaughtinmyGrill, who's your local performance technician?

I'd suggest a comparison of the brands. But if your shop is going to stand behind you, you can't go wrong sticking with them.

If you are going to have it out and spend the money, get the additional updates to build a solid tranny. Otherwise, get past the warranty at least, and then upgrade. It's not that much more to go through it all vs just the TC/VB, unless you go with input/output and other billet internals.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
There is not going to be repeated vendor bashing on this website. Yesterday, another Administrator CLOSED the first thread by DTR Member mainiac and this old thread is now done also. Take up your problems with the vendors and keep the bashing off the forums.

Thank you.

--------
John_P