3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Help with lifted mega cab

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with lifted mega cab

hey guys i am new to this forum because i am getting ready to by a mega cab to make my duck hunting rig but i am not sure color and which lift, if you have any pictures of lifted mega cabs please post them i would be very grateful, i am thinking black mega cab with black rims and 8 in lift
matt

Last edited by djmenke; 04-18-2007 at 03:41 PM. Reason: TEXT
Old 04-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by djmenke
hey guys i am new to this forum because i am getting ready to by a mega cab to make my duck hunting rig but i am not sure color and which lift, if you have any pictures of lifted mega cabs please post them i would be very grateful, i am thinking black mega cab with black rims and 8 in lift
matt

Welcome to the forum....

If you do a search here for DWiggs, you'll see just what you're looking for I think. The man has a truck to cry for.

I don't think anyone has lifted a mega 8". IIRC, there's only one company that makes a 8" lift ( Rock Krawler ) and it's over 5K !! That's more than many will spend on just a lift kit. That kind of cash can get you into a Kore or Carli system which are built for the abuse.

This isn't what you're looking for but, it's lifted 6"...........

Old 04-18-2007, 05:45 PM

thanks for the info,that is an awesome truck you have its now my desktop background
matt
Old 04-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Banned

thanks for the info,that is an awesome truck you have its now my desktop background
matt
I have pics of a mega with a 8'' rockkrawler kit and 24" rockstars also there is a pic of a mega dually lifted 4" in my picture gallery
Old 04-18-2007, 05:56 PM

TritonT- again I must say that is the best looking 3rd gen truck I've seen. Are those N-FAB steps? If so, hows the finish holding up to the rock chips?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by megafast
TritonT- again I must say that is the best looking 3rd gen truck I've seen. Are those N-FAB steps? If so, hows the finish holding up to the rock chips?

Thanks. Yes, they are and they're holding their own nicely. It's a powder coat finish they have so, they aren't complete safe from chipping. It's just a bit harder than the paint every where else. At least they can be coated again if necessary. Chrome bars end up peeling and would have to be dipped again... that probably wouldn't be as cheap as another powder coat.

I've seen a lot people mentioning coating that nerf bars have and it not holding up. IMO, because of where they are, they're not going to hold up like the paint on the hood. If mine do end up getting nasty looking, I'll Line-X them.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Banned

matt
Thanks... for thinking it's worthy of your desktop :-) You may change it real quick though once you see DWiggs rig. It's all black like you were asking about.

I changed the picture I posted. It's a better pic for a desktop ;-)

Trending Topics

Old 04-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I have pics in my gallery. 6in superlift and 3 in body lift.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cbrahs
I have pics in my gallery. 6in superlift and 3 in body lift.
Chris, I think you're the only one that's install a body lift on a mega so far. I may have done it by now if I had a friend like yourself to help but.... plus, man is there a lot of work involved.

How it holding up for you ? Any issues ?
Old 04-20-2007, 03:03 PM

Anymore Pics?
Old 04-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
No issues so far. One of the things I did do is on the stock body bolts, they have that LARGE washer captured onto the bolt, stick them in the vise and pound them out and use them instead of the washers that are sent in the kit (they suck and are weak). That way you get a larger/safer surface area on bolt up. I wished I were closer, I would help in a heart beat. With 2 guys it can be done in a day, a full day but a day. Also, don't use the gaskets that they send in the kit for the intake spacer (3 inch spacer between intake and grid heater). I learned the hard way because the grid heater is grounded thru the gaskets (metalic gaskets are stock) and the kit comes with paper ones. I mean it sealed up but got a check engine light right away and pulled codes and did research. Went to the dodge dealer and $14.00 later had 3 of the correct ones and cured the problem. Other than that it is a killer kit. I will get some more pics here soon. I have to clean it up and find someone with a good camera. My phone just don't cut it.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:28 PM

Matt I got a 6 inch super lift and black 20's KMC hoss
Old 04-20-2007, 06:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
black truck black wheels (not mine link below)

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ight=rockstars
Old 04-20-2007, 06:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
more black truck black wheels mega this time

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ight=rockstars
Old 04-20-2007, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
I have pics of a mega with a 8'' rockkrawler kit and 24" rockstars also there is a pic of a mega dually lifted 4" in my picture gallery
Where are these pics?

Quick Reply: Help with lifted mega cab