3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

HELP with lift kits!!! AGAIN!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cameroneod
I get more and more jealous every time I read a suspension thread. Pretty tired of my truck riding like a wagon. Anyone here tow with their Carli/Thuren suspension?
I tow,I race

One truck can do it all with the correct set up

Bob
Old 06-23-2007, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by boysrus
VikingDiesel,

I recently installed a 4.5" FabTech kit to fit 35's on 18's. The Fabtech kit seemed really well built and went together well, but when it was all said and done, I didn't like the ride. It felt like a 2 1/2 ton! I think the lift kit companies focus more on the looks than the ride. I ended up contacting Don Thuren and he's helped me get the ride quality back. If I had it to do all over again, I would have started with the Carli starter kit, or called Don from the beginning. I would have ended up with a better system for less than I'm investing now (buying some parts twice).

To answer part of your question, the Carli leaf packs added about 1" on my truck. I'm also running 2" blocks, but that's to keep a little rake since I often have a load in the back. I'm running the Fabtech springs (really too stiff, but I can live with them for now) and King 2.5 shocks in the front. After I rebuild my cash supply, I hope to put 2.5 Kings on the back and go with Don's custom coils up front. The front shocks and rear leaf packs really improved the ride from the Fabtech set-up - so I'm anxious to see what the next will do.

Jeff
The only problem with the FabTech kit is that after a while your front end will sag and your 35s will rub. One of my friends had this happen to him and he switched out to a BDS long arm kit that looks a lot better and rides amazing.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by BigTXDually
The only problem with the FabTech kit is that after a while your front end will sag and your 35s will rub. One of my friends had this happen to him and he switched out to a BDS long arm kit that looks a lot better and rides amazing.
Thanks for that link, know the prices for any of thoese kits?
Old 06-23-2007, 12:12 PM

For a boxed kit , you'll get the best ride with the Revtek 6"..
Old 06-23-2007, 12:29 PM

I used to have a ProComp 3" leveling kit that was so harsh I couldn't stand it. Every bump was a severe jolt, and I could barely talk when on certain stretches of the freeways around here because of the expansion joints.

I recently installed the Carli Starter System and couldn't be happier. Those same bumps and expansion joints are now controlled and not "jarring" anymore.

Since I'm in Southern California this weekend, I stopped by Carli's shop on Friday. Sage and Jesse were awesome, and took time out of their busy days to answer all of my questions, and show me some new things they are working on.

I can't recommend Carli enough.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by CTD Freak
I used to have a ProComp 3" leveling kit that was so harsh I couldn't stand it. Every bump was a severe jolt, and I could barely talk when on certain stretches of the freeways around here because of the expansion joints.

I recently installed the Carli Starter System and couldn't be happier. Those same bumps and expansion joints are now controlled and not "jarring" anymore.

Since I'm in Southern California this weekend, I stopped by Carli's shop on Friday. Sage and Jesse were awesome, and took time out of their busy days to answer all of my questions, and show me some new things they are working on.

I can't recommend Carli enough.
yea, I experienced those roads just a month ago on my way to Simi on 118.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by THURENfab.
For a boxed kit , you'll get the best ride with the Revtek 6"..
Hmmmmmm