3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

HELP with lift kits!!! AGAIN!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sure you probably know this but, any kit that with add-a-leafs for the rear will make it stiffer.

I just put a RevTek 4.5" kit on my buddies 07. it came with upper/lower control arms, new front springs, pitman arm, trac bar drop bracket, new swaybar endlinks, blocks for rear, driveline spacer and 4 shocks.......he told me he picked it up for a little over $800. there is a pic of it in my gallery BEFORE he put his 35x12.50's on. looks much tougher now!
Old 06-20-2007, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by firemansdodge
I would in your shoes call KORE,Carli,Lorenz,Thuren and fire away all questions you have for them. Then make your decision. Like I mentioned above in a post. You can go a different route w/ another lift/suspension company than the big four (2-3" suspension), but they tailer thier systems to the Dodge trucks to a T.

ptgarcia hit it on the head w/ hauling or towing w/ these systems.

just called Carli and wow that guy answered all my questions I can possibly have, im a hurry right now but ill go over everything he told me later.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:24 PM

Thuren

Not sure if you've seen these pics, but here you go. I've had KORE and now Don's kit. I would pull the trigger again in a heartbeat for Thuren's kit. The ride is great. EVERY time someone rides in my truck they comment about how it rides.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by E-Train
EVERY time someone rides in my truck they comment about how it rides.

My brother has an F-350 with a 4" Donahoe Racing lift, which is a high quality lift, and everytime he rides in my truck he comments on how well it rides and says he wishes he did something similar.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
My brother has an F-350 with a 4" Donahoe Racing lift, which is a high quality lift, and everytime he rides in my truck he comments on how well it rides and says he wishes he did something similar.
I don't think you can get a better suspension than Donahoe Racing on Fords.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by firemansdodge
I don't think you can get a better suspension than Donahoe Racing on Fords.
I don't think you can get a better suspension than Thuren/Carli on Dodges.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Banned

No wars here.

Dare I say Lorenz.......
Old 06-20-2007, 04:43 PM

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Old 06-20-2007, 09:20 PM

I get more and more jealous every time I read a suspension thread. Pretty tired of my truck riding like a wagon. Anyone here tow with their Carli/Thuren suspension?
Old 06-21-2007, 01:20 AM

I dont know, seems like CARLI and Lorenz is pretty much the same but Carli setup STARTER KIT which is identical to the Lorenz Bilstein 5100 kit is I about $400 cheaper however I found out from the Carli guy that its 3"Front/1"rear while the Lorenz is 2"Front/1"rear. The guy from Carli was beyond helpful and told me. I asked him about if I just got 2" spacers and just bilsteins in the front, the ride would be better than stock but still not as good as there kit b/c of the leafs in the back obviously. The kit from Top Gun Customz thats $499 which includes the bump stops, (4) Bilsteins 5100 and 2" coil springs I called about today and the coils are fromt Superlift. Im just curious what spring rate the 2" Superlift coils are b/c that kit is not bad. The only thing I would be missing are the leafs in the back but with the Bilsteins in the rear,I think I should be fine and at least better than stock. Dont need like some crazy change, just something that will soak up the bumps and potholes better. I might just for with a leveling kit,

Would a 2" spacer on stock spring v.s. 2" coil on both on bilsteins make a big difference in the ride?
Old 06-21-2007, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by cameroneod
Anyone here tow with their Carli/Thuren suspension?

I tow a 9000 lb travel trailer with up to 1000 lbs or so in the bed (lifted golf cart) with my setup without issue. Still rides and handles better than stock.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by VikingDiesel
The kit from Top Gun Customz thats $499 which includes the bump stops, (4) Bilsteins 5100 and 2" coil springs I called about today and the coils are fromt Superlift. Im just curious what spring rate the 2" Superlift coils are b/c that kit is not bad.

Lots of people have reported their Superlift springs have sagged and needed to be replaced after only 1 year.

Originally Posted by VikingDiesel
Would a 2" spacer on stock spring v.s. 2" coil on both on bilsteins make a big difference in the ride?

The setup that replaces the coil will be better.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:36 PM

So my truck got done at about five yesterday. I got the Carli Starter installed and the first thing i noticed was that my tires are way to small now (stock). So the 35s are on the way... When i first got in the truck, it definitely felt taller and the steering felt tighter.

The ride is much better than stock in the little time i have had to play with it on the highway. i will do a little off-roading today just so i can give a better comparison. I will get pics up as soon as i get some tires that fit.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:50 AM

If the superlift springs sag after 1 year, how about the skyjacker springs? Are they any better?
Old 06-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Banned

These are the best if you are looking for 3 inches of lift.

KORE Recon
Carli Starter
Lorenz Bilstein 5100

These are not lift kits, these are suspension enhancements.

Quick Reply: HELP with lift kits!!! AGAIN!!