3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

HELP with lift kits!!! AGAIN!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VikingDiesel
Lets start off, with: WHAT LOOKS BEST w/ 35" tires/ 18" wheels?

1. 2" leveling?
2. 2.5" front, 1" rear
3. 3-4.5" and about 2" rear

Please post pics of ONLY 35" tires.

That's subjective, but to me it's 3" front and 0"-1" rear. Anything over 3" and the truck needs 37s. That's just how I like them.....
Old 06-20-2007, 12:55 AM

This seems like a nice kit which is pretty much identical to the lorenz/KORE Leveling kit:

$499 v.s. $565 and plus you get the Bilsteins in the rear. I mean, how different can this kit be? Both have the same shocks and the springs should be the same as well???

Lorenz: http://lorenzindustries.com/kits_bilstein_leveling.html

Kore: http://koreperformance.com/dodge-ram...veling-kit.htm

Top Gun Customz: http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/products.php?S_ID=51

Seems like the only thing missing are the drop blocks from the TOP GUN CUSTOMZ, which im not sure is needed?
Old 06-20-2007, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
That's subjective, but to me it's 3" front and 0"-1" rear. Anything over 3" and the truck needs 37s. That's just how I like them.....
So then, a leveling kit would look perfect with 35"? Im thikin of just getting (4) Bilsteins all around and a 2" spring in the front and call it a day. This will definetly improve my ride over stock, correct? I wont feel the bumps as bad
Old 06-20-2007, 01:03 AM

Don't mean for this to come off bad, but here goes. Don't go cheap on something like suspension, or you will be rebuying parts. Spend your money wisely and you will end up spending less in the long run. I would stick to Thuren, Lorenz, or Carli.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:26 AM

So then, a leveling kit would look perfect with 35"? Im thikin of just getting (4) Bilsteins all around and a 2" spring in the front and call it a day. This will definetly improve my ride over stock, correct? I wont feel the bumps as bad

It will ride margiinally better because of the better shocks, but you'll still be riding on the same stiff springs. You'll never get a really good ride unless you replace the springs, there's just no way around it.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:43 AM

It will ride margiinally better because of the better shocks, but you'll still be riding on the same stiff springs. You'll never get a really good ride unless you replace the springs, there's just no way around it.
Ok, well LORENZ has an option for 6% coil springs or 23% coil springs, since I dont have a Ranch Hand bumper and dont plow, I would get the 6%. How does the percentage work exactly, whats stiffer v.s. softer?? What are our stock springs?
Old 06-20-2007, 01:46 AM
Banned

Even Carli,KORE,Lorenz coil springs each ride alittle different from each other. The one thing though is they are specifically designed for our trucks w/ the heavy weight up front and distribution of the shock of the rough terrian. Others are not design for one specific vehicle. Even the rear leafs are specially design for our truck design as well as the shocks being valved.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:59 AM

Ok, well LORENZ has an option for 6% coil springs or 23% coil springs, since I dont have a Ranch Hand bumper and dont plow, I would get the 6%. How does the percentage work exactly, whats stiffer v.s. softer?? What are our stock springs?

Stock coil springs are in the neighborhood of 400 lbs/in. This means it takes 400 lbs to change the length 1". I believe Lorenz uses springs stiffer than stock, one 6% stiffer (around 424 lbs/in) and the other 23% stiffer (around 492 lbs/in). Both are too stiff for me. Don Thuren goes the other direction and uses springs softer than stock. My springs are under 350 lbs/in.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:08 AM

Stock coil springs are in the neighborhood of 400 lbs/in. This means it takes 400 lbs to change the length 1". I believe Lorenz uses springs stiffer than stock, one 6% stiffer (around 424 lbs/in) and the other 23% stiffer (around 492 lbs/in). Both are too stiff for me. Don Thuren goes the other direction and uses springs softer than stock. My springs are under 350 lbs/in.
So that means, that the Lorenz kit would be a little softer than stock b/c of the shocks but not that much softer due to the springs? But then, if Don Thuren uses softer springs, doesnt that mean the rear will sag more when towing?
Old 06-20-2007, 02:13 AM
Banned

They are either 6% or 23% stiffer than stock.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:47 AM

So that means, that the Lorenz kit would be a little softer than stock b/c of the shocks but not that much softer due to the springs? But then, if Don Thuren uses softer springs, doesnt that mean the rear will sag more when towing?

I can't comment on the ride of the Lorenz kit, you'll have to ask somebody that has one, like firemansdodge.

They all use softer springs in the rear. If you're towing small loads its not a problem. I pull up to 10,000 lbs (combined 9000+ lbs travel trailer plus other junk in the bed) on mine with no problems. With the weight distribution hitch it doesn't sag at all. If you pull a big 5th wheel with 2000 lb pin weight it'll sag and you'll want airbags.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:53 AM

both of my 2007's have the fabtech dirt logic 4.5" dual shock system and they ride better than stock in my opinion. i do run big wheels and i haul and or tow most of the time. my srw runs 18x10" weld racing dune 8's with 35" toyo mud terrains
Old 06-20-2007, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by JetCity
both of my 2007's have the fabtech dirt logic 4.5" dual shock system and they ride better than stock in my opinion. i do run big wheels and i haul and or tow most of the time. my srw runs 18x10" weld racing dune 8's with 35" toyo mud terrains

I'd say all the extra weight you carry makes a difference.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by JetCity
You cant have a sig like that and not show some pictures.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Banned

I would in your shoes call KORE,Carli,Lorenz,Thuren and fire away all questions you have for them. Then make your decision. Like I mentioned above in a post. You can go a different route w/ another lift/suspension company than the big four (2-3" suspension), but they tailer thier systems to the Dodge trucks to a T.

ptgarcia hit it on the head w/ hauling or towing w/ these systems.

Quick Reply: HELP with lift kits!!! AGAIN!!