3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Help Finding Driver-Side Mirror on 05

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Finding Driver-Side Mirror on 05

Couple months ago, a neighborhood kid accidently cracked my Driver's-side mirror with a baseball. I've attempted to order a replacement which has proven to be very difficult because my vin/year doesn't matchup to the correct part number for my truck. To date, the parts I've received are not correct and the parts people don't talk with you unless you have the exact part number. My mirror has three clips attached to it along with a small fitting which snaps onto the other fitting on the mirror frame.
Anyone recognize this part??
Thanks in advance--
Attached Thumbnails Help Finding Driver-Side Mirror on 05-mirror.jpg  
Old 01-25-2011, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...99#post2896999

Check out my post. I, of course, broke the replacement trying to push it down onto the plastic. It is now at a local glass place getting a 2nd replacement.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I'd look around for a whole mirror....

Is that a tow mirror or a regular mirror?
Old 01-25-2011, 04:35 PM

Epco-- thanks for that info. I don't see any reason why I can't use the existing tow mirror frame and set a new piece of glass in there.

As a side note-- I have a love/hate relationship with the Nittos. I think they are great tires on and off-road, but for the fact that I won't see 25,000 out of them. I'm sure my triple-axle toybox contributed to their wear though----
Old 01-25-2011, 06:32 PM

I'd go with a whole new mirror. http://www.discountautomirrors.com/
Old 01-25-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Glass
Couple months ago, a neighborhood kid accidently cracked my Driver's-side mirror with a baseball. I've attempted to order a replacement which has proven to be very difficult because my vin/year doesn't matchup to the correct part number for my truck. To date, the parts I've received are not correct and the parts people don't talk with you unless you have the exact part number. My mirror has three clips attached to it along with a small fitting which snaps onto the other fitting on the mirror frame.
Anyone recognize this part??
Thanks in advance--
Could this Dodge TSB be any help.
Date: April 13, 2007

Models: 2002 - 2007 (DR/DH/Dl/DC) Ram Truck(1500/2500/3500)

Overview:
This bulletin involves a discussion regarding new removal procedure when replacing the mirror glass on a trailer tow mirror.

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with trailer tow mirrors (sales codes GPD or GPG) built after April 16, 2007 (MDH 0416XX), and for any vehicle where service replacement of the mirror glass is required.

Discussion:
The trailer towing mirror assembly has a replaceable mirror glass. As part of the replaceable mirror glass, a locking tab has been added to the plastic backing on the mirror glass. This change has been made to vehicles that are built after April 16, 2007. This change is also being incorporated in service replacement mirror glass.

The process of installing mirror glass with the new locking tab has not changed.

The removal process for mirror glass with the new locking tab has changed. The mirror glass will require depressing the plastic locking tab. 1. Use a long stem flat blade screwdriver or suitable trim stick.
2. Tilt the mirror glass inboard.
3. From the outboard side of the mirror housing, slide a trim stick or flat blade screwdriver behind the mirror glass (Fig. 1).
4. Depress the mirror glass plastic locking tab (Fig. 2).
5. While depressing the locking tab, slide the mirror glass toward the inboard side of the mirror housing and off the mirror housing adapter attaching points.

1 - Flat Blade Screwdriver or Trim Stick
2 - Trailer Towing Mirror Housing
3 - Mirror Glass Sub-Assernbly 1 - Mirror Housing Adapter - Backside View
2 - Mirror Glass Sub-Assembly Plastic Locking Tab
3 - Flat Blade Screwdriver or Trim Stick