3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Help, another "what next" thread...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help, another "what next" thread...

Well I have been reading threads for days and I'm still not sure what to do. I have all the mods listed in my sig, but a friend with a duramax wants to buy my triple dog and outlook from me after I let him try the crazy larry tune on his truck. I want to take my truck to the next level. So my options are: 1. sell the bullydog stuff and get a different programmer/box combo, 2. keep the bullydog stuff and possibly add a stack. Either way, I'm thinking about upgrading injectors/fuel supply and turbo. Also, I want to be able to adjust my truck's ECU for larger tires which bullydog does not do. Can someone with an 05/06 with over 550 hp help me out? I'm not sure if any of the other programmers or modules are actually better than the bullydog. Maybe I should just do injectors and a turbo with what I have? Thanks.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:23 AM

Well I don't have 550hp but you could get a TST box and stack it with the bullydog I think. If I were you I would look into a new lift pump and a turbo first then the stack cause I know the bullydog fuels hard, so does the TST....you could also stack an MP8 too...best of luck with everything
Old 07-16-2007, 08:31 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
First and foremost you should upgrade your lift pump. Second you can try stacking an mp-8 with your bullydog, very cheap compared to the others and will give you some more power. You could also stack with the TST but with the bullydog you need to be carefull as too much timing will eat your motor quick. Or you could try another downloader all together. Or you could wait till Van Aken releases their C5 but you want to get on a waiting list quick, and be prepared to wait awhile.
Turbo is always a good investment. Injectors are good, but as you go larger you need more turbo and daily driving can be a bit of a pain as passing people or any reason for you to mash the go pedal can cause you too black out a street. Some find it cool, me not so much it just gives Johnny law another reason to pull you over. And with larger injectors you need to address your injector pump.
So do your reasearch, look at you budget and buy what fits your needs. There is no real right answer just make sure you weigh all the pros and cons. Good luck, Rye.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:38 AM

Thanks for the info. I don't like a lot of smoke either. In fact, I want to make good power without smoke. Is there a single turbo available that will provide more power and spool up quickly right off the line? Or are twins necessary for good boost down low and at higher rpms? Also, if I keep my stock injectors would I still benefit from a modified CP3 fuel pump?
Old 07-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Someone with an aftermarket single can chime in I dont know. And as far as CP3 if you stay with stock sticks you should be ok, but to be sure you could go with a Floor it stage 1, I hear it is a rather economic cp3 upgrade compared to $1200 for a stage 2.