3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

A Hello & a quick question

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Hello & a quick question

First off, hello

This is my first post here so OF COURSE it is a question

I have had a 97 1ton previously & I put about 300K on it. Sold it & now I have this 2005. I currently have about 20K on it and I would like to modify it a little. The 97' I had was completly stock, from day one.

The thing is, there are ALOT of choices out there, but for time/sanity sake I have narrowed this down to two choices.

(1) Edge Juice w/ attitude, Jammer injector nozzles, AFE stage 2 kit & cat/muffler delete pipe.

(2) Dr. Performance injectors, AFE stage 2 kit & cat/muffler delete pipe.

I was wondering what would be the better way to go? Both seem to offer +'s & -'s Really I am looking for experiences with both product....if any

Thanks,
John
Old 01-03-2006, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by kawi jm
First off, hello

This is my first post here so OF COURSE it is a question

I have had a 97 1ton previously & I put about 300K on it. Sold it & now I have this 2005. I currently have about 20K on it and I would like to modify it a little. The 97' I had was completly stock, from day one.

The thing is, there are ALOT of choices out there, but for time/sanity sake I have narrowed this down to two choices.

(1) Edge Juice w/ attitude, Jammer injector nozzles, AFE stage 2 kit & cat/muffler delete pipe.

(2) Dr. Performance injectors, AFE stage 2 kit & cat/muffler delete pipe.

I was wondering what would be the better way to go? Both seem to offer +'s & -'s Really I am looking for experiences with both product....if any

Thanks,
John
#1 minus the jammer injector nozzles

put dr performace in the search option at the top of the page and start reading all the nice things
Old 01-04-2006, 07:12 AM

I have the edge juice, its nice...worth the bang for the buck. Also i thought they didnt make injectors for 325 series yet? I could be wrong but I could of swore i read that. Dont know if you have a 6sp or auto tranny, but if you have a auto...upgrade the TC and VB. Well worth the $$$ spent on it.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK this is not related AT ALL, but Kawi Jim...Do you post on speedzilla as well? Just wondering, the RC is a great bike. Had an 03 myself.

Now as far as the question...All the reading and talkin I have done for slight modification, Edge/Attitude seems the way to go.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:53 PM

Yep the one and only
Oh it's John, not Jim. jm is a old nickname. I stuck the Kawi in front from when I raced quads.

ANYWAY
So the Nozzles are no good? I see your point as to if they are even made, they were recommended, but I never put an eye/hand on one.

BTW I have a 6-speed, I gave up on auto's a long time ago. I pull a 20K+ trailer and the truck actually does it admirably now, but I would like to see a little better performance passing & up hills.

Any suggestions on what to add to my mod list?

Edge juice w/ attitude
AFE stage 2
Cat & muffler delete pipe
BD short shifter
Mag-hytec rear diff. cover

I was thinking of the Banks Turbo intake elbow? worth the added reduction in EGT's??

Thanks,
John
Old 01-04-2006, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by kawi jm
Yep the one and only
Oh it's John, not Jim. jm is a old nickname. I stuck the Kawi in front from when I raced quads.

ANYWAY
So the Nozzles are no good? I see your point as to if they are even made, they were recommended, but I never put an eye/hand on one.

BTW I have a 6-speed, I gave up on auto's a long time ago. I pull a 20K+ trailer and the truck actually does it admirably now, but I would like to see a little better performance passing & up hills.

Any suggestions on what to add to my mod list?

Edge juice w/ attitude
AFE stage 2
Cat & muffler delete pipe
BD short shifter
Mag-hytec rear diff. cover

I was thinking of the Banks Turbo intake elbow? worth the added reduction in EGT's??

Thanks,
John

looks pretty sweet to me !! you get a juice with attitude and you'll s**t your pants on how much more fun the truck is .. i used to have a quad box .. this is 10 times the fun and only twice the cost !!!!

good luck
Old 01-05-2006, 12:15 AM

If thats all your going to do skip the injectors and put gauges and a clutch in first.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my .02

1. edge juice
2. clutch if slipping
3. shifter
4. intake exhaust mods.

I would think this order would make you the happiest. unless you are big on loud which I am not with a diesel. Add the power. fix the clutch if nesseary. then make it so you can shift to use the power. then add sound and a bit of power hopefully helping the egt's a bit.