3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Heavy Duty Bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://alien-patrol.com/contact.htm
Old 03-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Banned

Thanks, I will do some re-search???

Shane
Old 03-04-2007, 06:59 PM

If you want a real basher bumper go with reunel. I had one on my 01 Ram. It reminded me of a snowplow pressed into the shape of a bumper. I dished out serious punishment with that bumper and will buy another for my 04 if I ever go after market again.

P.S. also go with the Hydraulic Mile Marker 12,000.

Jeff
Old 03-04-2007, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sent the guy from AP a PM a while back with no reply, I just emailed him.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Argo
I sent the guy from AP a PM a while back with no reply, I just emailed him.
I just e-mailed him too. I am curious about his company and everything else.. I will post what they say..

Shane
Old 03-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Banned

i'm waiting on the ok from larry to post up what info i have about them.

later, dustin
Old 03-04-2007, 08:10 PM
RAW

Um. Maybe I'm confused or just not privy to all the info, but . . . . at least one of the Dodge pictures on the Alien-patrol website shows a RoadArmor bumper. Not a copy. An actual RoadArmor bumper. That snake-skin paintjob truck is also on the RoadArmor website.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:15 PM

supposedly the designer for roadarmor is the designer for alienpatrol too. wierd situation but that is what my take was when the owner for AP posted up. that thread was deleted though.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:35 PM

I have the Road Armor bumpers on my truck and I can atest to the bumpers strength. I had a Toyota Seqouia back into the front of my truck at a good pace and destroyed the back of the toyota. My bumpers were unscathed for the most part except for scratches in the poweder coat. The Brackets a more than efficient for the purpose the bumper was built for. However, the guys at Road Armor did tell me that I needed to weld their brackets to the frame if I planned on using the hitch. I really like these, but I really like the fab-fours also!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by htgreen3
I added the Trailready front and rear bumper after my rear bumper got hit. They are a little pricy, but they are well built. Installation was easy, used an engine lift for the front, and did the rear by hand. Added a MileMarker 12,000 hydraulic winch to the front, just finished running the hoses yesterday. Getting lots of questions and look sees from other Dodge drivers. I Trailready looks.
where did you get get your winch from? i have been shopping around but the prices very by a few hundred depending on where you go.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Eddy Reyes
53 ******

FABFOURS are in the running again, I visited their web-site and found a Pre-runner style, see below... sweeeet.
http://www.fabfours.com/Front%20Full...Runner%20A1152
Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
Wow.... I was sold on the Road Armor now there is two choices????

Shane
I still like the Fabfours and Road Armor...the pre runner style is sweet
I am not feeling the big push bar thing on the reunel
Old 03-04-2007, 10:39 PM

I also really like the price and looks of the Lunar R by Alien patrol
http://alien-patrol.com/3rd_gen_06.htm
man!! you got some hard choices here
Old 03-05-2007, 09:02 AM

I had an offer from AP to get both a front and a rear bumper for almost the same price I’m paying for a RA front bumper. I also was offered free freight from AP. I called both and talked to both, but after speaking with Mike at RA I decided it was worth the extra funds to deal with RA. I’m still getting a pre-runner with lights for a lot less than you’d think (rules won’t allow me to post that price but you can PM me).

My opinion is this. Strangely enough, the AP looks exactly like the RA. Let’s say YOU made a really hot looking widget. You built up the business, got distributors going; you even had some dealerships installing YOUR widget. Then let’s say some company out of Taiwan, China, or here in the good old US of A, copied your widget design and started low balling your prices. Would that be right? Legally maybe, morally maybe for some? It is free enterprise but at what cost…and I’m not talking about monetarily when I say cost now.

For me I’d rather support the original company. Maybe I’ve been in sales too long and I’ve had similar things happen to me. Ultimately it’s your $300 to $500 you MIGHT save, and you have to decide what’s right and what’s not.

In the immortal words of Forrest Gump “that’s all I have to say about that”.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:17 AM

From what I understand the owner of Alien Patrol used to be with Road Armor. Regardless, I'm just really leary of them. It's like a too good to be true price on ebay. It usually is. Bikinaz PM sent.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:27 AM

Hercules180 --- you asked where I got my MileMarker from, did the searching thing to and found Tellico4x4.com was the best I could taking into consideration shipping and all (this was just after Christmas). I got the model with the hydraulic control on the winch. It was dropped shipped straight from MileMarker in Florida.

Quick Reply: Heavy Duty Bumpers