3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Headset DVD screens/players

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headset DVD screens/players

Anybody mount these in your 3rd Gens? I'm thinking about getting some installed, but the only ones I've been able to find (a quick search, nothing fancy) were leather. Of course, we don't have leather.

How about the drop down screens that are up in the headliner? How'd those work out?

I have a portable unit that has gotten used, used, and used and am looking to step up a bit.

What has anybody installed, what brand, how'd it work, etc?

Thanks.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:19 PM

Thats all Ive been able to find as well.. ive got a buddy with an 03 CTD quad cab laramie, with leather, and he's got the DVD screens.. they are way cool.. he's got a dvd player, and a playstation in there for his kids to use during long trips.
Scott
Old 08-25-2004, 10:23 PM

Crutchfield has some in both interior colors for the cloth interior. They ain't cheap from them, but if you cross index the manufacturer, you might be able to get them from somewhere else for less.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:07 PM

I've just bought an Audiovox 12inch portable DVD, that comes with its own case, so you "hang" it between the two front headrest..fits great.

ANd only $499 with 2 x wireless headphone.

The great part is that I can take it out and use if for the kids at motel room or friends houses!

Cheers,

Batts
Old 08-26-2004, 12:04 AM

I just had mine installed in the 04 a few weeks ago, love them.

Lots of choices, but the 9" screens are only available from Vizualogic.com

These are complete replacement headrest, so when you upgrade to the 2006 Megacab maybe they will fit??

Rather pricy stuff, but with a remote contol and screen selectors and 2 wireless headsets it sure keeps the rear seat occupants happy.

I had mine installed with the FM modulator so we too can listen if we wish to.

Now, if I could only decide on a small monitor for up front so my wife could watch too, with a shield to block screen from driver of course.

The sunvisor models are not out for Dodge yet.

Aspen Sound Spokane did a great job, but it took about 6 hours, glad I did not attempt this on my own.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:27 AM

I've got a flip down screen mounted on the headliner immediately behind the overhead console. The kids love it and so does the wife since it can pivot slightly towards her seat so that she can watch too. Also came with 2 headsets and had the FM modulator put in as well.

One other thing is that when it is down for viewing it doesn't interfere at all with my line of site to the passenger side of the truck.

The player itself is mounted on the floor (guess that wouldn;t work for all you 6 shooters out there!)

Ken
Old 08-26-2004, 02:57 PM

I couldn't afford the truck and those toys, so I have the 2 screen dvd player from wall mart... each screen hooks to the head rest, so each kid gets their own, player goes anywhere, and if they want, 1 can watch dvd while the other plays playstation. Not bad for under 300 bucks

Dennis