3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Having problem with TST...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having problem with TST...

Okay, I've been having a issue with my TST. I'll be driving along and then all the sudden it just dies and I mean falls flat on its face and dies. Then I'll try and start it again and it just cranks and cranks and won't start, bypass it and it's all good; well after I erase the codes. I'll get the check engine light so I get the good ol' Smarty and I have Cam postioning sensor fault and map sensor low voltage... I've been through the harness and made sure everything is tight and right. I've been calling and calling and left messages, but get nothing back from extension 2 for the technical department.... (NOT BAD MOUTHING ANYONE, JUST WANT HELP!) The truck runs alright with just the smarty, but TNT + TST OMG!!!! Has anyone else had this probelm? or can help me? Thanks
Old 04-23-2009, 12:24 PM

Take off the cover on the box and look at the fuses. Also look for any corrosion. I've seen corrosion kill many a TST.

J.D.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:17 PM

I feel stupid asking ths but just to make this clear, the TST box itself? Just making sure here. I've already done this under th fuse box itself... Thanks!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 02:54 PM

Are you 100% sure the cam postion sensor plug is fully engaged with the orange tab bottomed out. I drove around for about 6 months with the orange tab not fully seated and set the cam code about every 3 days.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:24 PM

Yes, the TST box itself. There are 6 or 7 fuses inside. Also, if you have the rail pressure version, try unplugging the rail sensor and running factory pressure. Plug the rail sensors from the TST into itself to keep out dirt. This helped alot with mine.

J.D.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:17 PM

Yes I have the rail pressure one, thanks and I'll check those fuses out!!! Man I hope this helps!!! A million thanks!!!! I'm really frustrated at this point!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:34 PM

i don't think they answer the tech side too much call another extension and Mark or someone else should help you right away. I've had a bad harness before and switched em out to fix studdering issues.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:29 PM

I have been having the p0336 code for a year now. It started with the TST. They know about the problem. They think they have it cured with latest upgrades which I am 2 behind. I can go weeks at a time without throwing the code, it'll stumble at light throttle then the code will pop up within 30 seconds. Sometimes it'll throw the code within 15 minutes of clearing several times. Twice it went into limp mode...did a restart and it ran fine for 30 minutes then white smoke, extfreme rattle and limp mode...gotta clear code for it to be okay.

Yesterday was the clincher...warmed up engine but noticed a slight rattle. Put in gear and extreme rattle just off idle then okay until just off idle again and again. Off idle it sounded good but it then would throw the code after driving 5 feet. Used Smarty and set back to stock...no improvement...used by pass for TST and that cured it after clearing code. Hooked box back up and it came back. Spoke to Mark at TST and realized I am 2 upgrades behind. Sending it in Monday.

Also Mark said there is a circuit in the harness for the crank sensor that is easily replaceable and could also be the problem. The fix is done on the harness at the box end.

I always thought it was the harness but never removed it because of the difficulty with a second cp3 installed.

Peter
Old 04-25-2009, 06:25 PM

Good info. RamsMountain. Thanks. I am way behind on updating mine as well. Since it is off the truck I will have to send it in to have any updates done. The TST is a good box and Mark is great. I just hope they have all these small issues worked out.

J.D.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by JFlory
Good info. RamsMountain. Thanks. I am way behind on updating mine as well. Since it is off the truck I will have to send it in to have any updates done. The TST is a good box and Mark is great. I just hope they have all these small issues worked out.

J.D.
Mark also requested I send the remote with the box.