3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Handed the keys over today..............

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bswope
Sniper what kinda power you looking for and what do you want to do with the truck??

Your certainly headed in the right direction and far as insurance (studs&springs) Id add a coolant bypass to that list for more insurance...
and the Stage 3 pump is a good I dea as well if your looking for power levels above 700!! A Floor It stage 3 is on my list as well as sticks!!

As far as a turbo im gonna suggest a 64/17/13ss! That charger is really starting to impress alot of people and it is quickly becoming the turbo of choice for ALOT of guys.... It is capable of 600-650hp with the right setup.
But its all up to you on what kinda power your looking for and what it is you will be doing with the truck!!
Yeah the coolant bypass is gonna happen to for sure, i have thought about the 64/71/13, to tell ya the truth thats most likley what i'll go with! My original plans were 600-650hp range and i'm usualy pretty good at stickin to my plans, but i want to do it right the first time, which is why i'm gonna drive 8hrs to see Lloydi figured i would get the studs and springs out of the way now so i don't have to worry about it later, and i really want the TNT-R so those things have to happen! But i'm gonna ask Lloyd what he suggest to, and we'll go from there! What ya think?
Old 09-12-2009, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Sniper05
Yeah the coolant bypass is gonna happen to for sure, i have thought about the 64/71/13, to tell ya the truth thats most likley what i'll go with! My original plans were 600-650hp range and i'm usualy pretty good at stickin to my plans, but i want to do it right the first time, which is why i'm gonna drive 8hrs to see Lloydi figured i would get the studs and springs out of the way now so i don't have to worry about it later, and i really want the TNT-R so those things have to happen! But i'm gonna ask Lloyd what he suggest to, and we'll go from there! What ya think?
Sounds good to me man, Id say Lloyd will suggest the same, but I do know one thing he wont steer you anyway but straight!!! And you wont regret the trip!!
Heck Im not real far away so when you do make the trip let me know and Ill try to slip down to Lloyds while your up!!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jason_K
to be honest with you buddy, i hardly even use the mp-8. i have the smarty set to stock rp and use the mp-8 for all adjustments. however i only turn the mp-8 up to maybe 10%....any higher and it's too high for daily driving. If i'm just cruising along and turn the dial up i can feel an increase but until i get it on a dyno i won't know how much of an increase it actually makes. i suspect that it wont be much though. i kind of wish i would have saved the mp-8 money on something else. like maybe a water/meth kit or the avenger UMOD whenever shane releases it.
Thats the same thing I do with the MP8, Jason Ive been doing some digging and reading on the Smarty/MP-8 stack and it seems that the MP-8 wont raise the RP past factory levels, it just ramps pressure up faster, so to increase pressure past factory levels the Smarty needs to be used, so when Lloyd did my runs he increased the RP on the Smarty and then dialed the MP-8 up to ramp the pressure up quicker.... hope this make's at least alittle sense....
Old 09-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Banned

I think sniper would do good to check classifieds for an mp8........... 200 bux is a great deal on a nice unit. Still rainin Buddy ? tough to get a feel for power when the back end is tryin to lead the way right ?
Old 09-12-2009, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by mikmaze
I think sniper would do good to check classifieds for an mp8........... 200 bux is a great deal on a nice unit. Still rainin Buddy ? tough to get a feel for power when the back end is tryin to lead the way right ?

Sure is....... it has stopped raining for now but I still wont be able to get a good feel for it, have a funeral to today. Maybe tomorrow will be a good day to try er out!!
Old 09-12-2009, 12:46 PM

Sounds good to me man, Id say Lloyd will suggest the same, but I do know one thing he wont steer you anyway but straight!!! And you wont regret the trip!!
Heck Im not real far away so when you do make the trip let me know and Ill try to slip down to Lloyds while your up!!
Hey Swope i'll definately let ya know when i go, i'm trying to make some arrangements now, i still can't decide if i want to haul it up or drive it, i guess it will al depend on if Lloyd is real busy, and how quick of a turnaround we can do, i don't know if its possible but i would be more than willing to give him a hand on it, i'm a good mechanic but would feel more comfortable when he's there and has done one a time or two, and a extra hand is a good thing every now and then!
Old 09-12-2009, 05:31 PM

Thats the same thing I do with the MP8, Jason Ive been doing some digging and reading on the Smarty/MP-8 stack and it seems that the MP-8 wont raise the RP past factory levels, it just ramps pressure up faster, so to increase pressure past factory levels the Smarty needs to be used, so when Lloyd did my runs he increased the RP on the Smarty and then dialed the MP-8 up to ramp the pressure up quicker.... hope this make's at least alittle sense....
i did not know that buddy, thanks for the info. I think i'll adjust the rp on the smarty and see how she runs
Old 09-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Banned

well come on now buddy, by now you have for sure had some fun with the new cam.......... whats the seat o pants meter say ???????????
Old 09-15-2009, 04:52 PM

well come on now buddy, by now you have for sure had some fun with the new cam.......... whats the seat o pants meter say ???????????
Man Mike I STILL haven't had much time with it.... did go for alittle ride Sunday and noticed that my egt's when cruising were abit higher than normal....???? Maybe due to a tighter valve lash IDK.... Seat O da pants meter says if feels abit stonger from bottom end up through the mid range and then on top feels like the stock cam did.... but from what Ive been reading on CompD my truck is just under fueled right now and cant take advantage of the extra airflow I have on top now.

As soon as I have more time with it ill report back... Plus here in a few weeks I have my yearly Salmon fishing trip in Pulaski,NY (CANT FREAKIN WAIT) and its 372 mile's up 81 of nothing but up and down hills almost the whole way, so that will give me a great time to get a good impression of the cam!! IF I can keep my mind off the river and 30lb Salmon!!
Old 09-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Banned

up 81 bout 45 minutes N of Binghapton NY is my property in NY for Hunting, building a place up there and hope to have it heated this season. Pulaski is a blast, but ya gotta go combat fishin in oswego at the dam at least once in your life to experience it.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:25 PM

up 81 bout 45 minutes N of Binghapton NY is my property in NY for Hunting, building a place up there and hope to have it heated this season. Pulaski is a blast, but ya gotta go combat fishin in oswego at the dam at least once in your life to experience it.
LOL OSWEGO.... DUDE ALREADY BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT!!!! What a riot that is.... nothing like full contact fly fishing!!
Old 09-15-2009, 08:26 PM

who is Lloyd
Old 09-16-2009, 06:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jon molnar
who is Lloyd
Lloyd Mills.....Mid Atlantic Diesel

I think you guys have the Smarty/mp-8 RP backwards. The Smarty will only go to the factory max of roughly 24.5k,just quicker ramp with the higher levels.The mp-8 will also give quicker ramp but will take it beyond 27k depending on the % dialed in.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by homewrecker
Lloyd Mills.....Mid Atlantic Diesel

I think you guys have the Smarty/mp-8 RP backwards. The Smarty will only go to the factory max of roughly 24.5k,just quicker ramp with the higher levels.The mp-8 will also give quicker ramp but will take it beyond 27k depending on the % dialed in.

This is right from TS's web site in the FAQ section on the MP-8....

This module is a Plug and Play. The Mp-8 produces 100+ hp and only takes minutes to install.

Question: What is the max fuel pressure that the MP-8 will produce?
Answer: The TS Performance MP-8 does not exceed 26,000 psi of fuel rail pressure. The factory fuel rail pressure can be ran 29,000 all day long and not damage anything. ( That info came direct from BOSCH).

Question: How does the MP-8 make 100hp+ without raising rail pressure beyond factory specs?
Answer: The Mp-8 is the only box on the market of it’s kind. Both the map sensor and the fuel pressure sensor are fully programmable. By reprogramming the map sensor signal you achieve several things… 1) since the map senor thinks it is at different boost level it will add injection timing accordingly. 2) This is the primary reason we don’t have to raise rail pressure beyond factory specs and risk damaging engines.

Question: Is the MP-8 a timing box?Answer: No it is not, however with the ability to reprogram the map sensor we can add injection timing to fit the consumers application.

Question: Can the MP-8 be stacked with other Modules?
Answer: Yes it can be. Make sure the box you are attempting to stack has different functions.( Such as TST etc.) I would also recommend contacting TS Performance before attempting this.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:23 PM

This is right from TS's web site in the FAQ section on the MP-8....

This module is a Plug and Play. The Mp-8 produces 100+ hp and only takes minutes to install.

Question: What is the max fuel pressure that the MP-8 will produce?
Answer: The TS Performance MP-8 does not exceed 26,000 psi of fuel rail pressure. The factory fuel rail pressure can be ran 29,000 all day long and not damage anything. ( That info came direct from BOSCH).

Question: How does the MP-8 make 100hp+ without raising rail pressure beyond factory specs?
Answer: The Mp-8 is the only box on the market of it’s kind. Both the map sensor and the fuel pressure sensor are fully programmable. By reprogramming the map sensor signal you achieve several things… 1) since the map senor thinks it is at different boost level it will add injection timing accordingly. 2) This is the primary reason we don’t have to raise rail pressure beyond factory specs and risk damaging engines.

Question: Is the MP-8 a timing box?Answer: No it is not, however with the ability to reprogram the map sensor we can add injection timing to fit the consumers application.

Question: Can the MP-8 be stacked with other Modules?
Answer: Yes it can be. Make sure the box you are attempting to stack has different functions.( Such as TST etc.) I would also recommend contacting TS Performance before attempting this.
29,000psi? Ain't that a no...no!

Quick Reply: Handed the keys over today..............