3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

had to send in my xzt!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
had to send in my xzt!!!

I had been having problems with my quad xzt box making my truck act strange. I had checked all of the connections and no problem. I finally plugged in the bypass and the problem went away. So I came to the conclusion that it is the box itself. I have been running with the bypass in for 2 weeks now and have not had any problems. I waited for along time for quad to answer me on how to get it fixed and never got a response from him. Larry told me to just call quadzilla customer service. I did so and I ended up having to ship my box to them and am now waiting to find out what he finds. I am getting very disapointed with quad since I have only had it for about 2 months before I started to have problems. It would make my truck surge going down the hiway and not idle down when I came to a stop. If I bliped on the throttle to get it to idle down I could make buildings dissapear in the smoke!!!!! And it would idle down but run extremely rough. Then when taking off I could just barely touch the pedal and it would practically smolder the tires. I have now been without my box for 3 weeks and I am yurning more power for pulling my trailer. Does anybody have any suggestions or has anyone had the same problem. I have heard of some having problems with the connections which I had the first time I installed it but never had any since.. It just seems like the box went bad???
Old 08-15-2005, 08:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine works fine, talked friend into ordering one for his 2004.5 and helped him instal it last Friday. Well when I turned on the key to verify the box it blinked the wrong code. Code was for a 2004 unit which is different thant he 04.5. Called and immediatly was informed not to start unit and that Quad would send out a call tag immediatly and when thay got the box back they would check it, reflash it if necessary and immediatly ship it back. Asked about sending unit out now and they offered to charge on credit card for 1 and when the wrong unit was returned to credit card with returned unit.

Hopefully it will be here Wed or Thursday. So far I have never had any problems talking to someone (as long as it was during normal business hours) and this seemed more than fair. The person at Quad, Jerimie I think, was more than helpful and seemed to be surprised that this was the wrong unit as all the data on the labels indicated that this was the right unit. Aparently someone at Quad goofed, either by labeling it wrong or flashing it wrong.

At least they were more than willing to take care of it as immediatly as was possible.

Don
Old 08-16-2005, 07:50 AM

I also had problems with the XZT. 2 diferent boxes and 3 diferent wiring harnesses did not solve the missing problem. The dealer's diesel mechanic could not find anything wrong with my truck. So I had to request a refund. It is a big mystery why on most trucks the XZT works fine, but on others like mine they miss and almost shut down. I wish the problem could be solved, because I want the extra power and a little more fuel mileage also.

Bill
Old 08-16-2005, 08:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had mine on for about a month and a little over a thousand miles and I just keep smiling. Quads service is the best I've dealt with also... so don't give up just yet.

Tony
Old 08-16-2005, 11:56 AM

Re: had to send in my xzt!!!

Originally posted by underwoodtransp
I had been having problems with my quad xzt box making my truck act strange. I had checked all of the connections and no problem. I finally plugged in the bypass and the problem went away. So I came to the conclusion that it is the box itself. I have been running with the bypass in for 2 weeks now and have not had any problems. I waited for along time for quad to answer me on how to get it fixed and never got a response from him. Larry told me to just call quadzilla customer service. I did so and I ended up having to ship my box to them and am now waiting to find out what he finds. I am getting very disapointed with quad since I have only had it for about 2 months before I started to have problems. It would make my truck surge going down the hiway and not idle down when I came to a stop. If I bliped on the throttle to get it to idle down I could make buildings dissapear in the smoke!!!!! And it would idle down but run extremely rough. Then when taking off I could just barely touch the pedal and it would practically smolder the tires. I have now been without my box for 3 weeks and I am yurning more power for pulling my trailer. Does anybody have any suggestions or has anyone had the same problem. I have heard of some having problems with the connections which I had the first time I installed it but never had any since.. It just seems like the box went bad???
You might have actually had a box go bad? That is pretty rare as almost all of our problems have been connection issues. Some of them our fault and some of them manufacturing tolerances and some of them installation error. We think that we have a handle on the wiring end of things now as it seems we are having less and less hiccups or little issues. All of the stuff current seems to be working perfect.

You can ask the tech guys what was wrong and they will tell you. I will probably not see it myself unless something weird happened. It is not impossible for a board to fail, but it is very unlikely. I will say in your case it sounds like one of the IC parts broke and the lower part of the map that is controls went AWOL.

Bills problem was different. Nothing would work on his truck, no matter what. I am at a loss on his truck? I think he should buy an EZ or Ramifier and see if he has the same troubles?

Quad
Old 08-16-2005, 02:11 PM

Re: had to send in my xzt!!!

Originally posted by underwoodtransp
I had a Ramifer do the exact same thing on me and they seemed stumped that the thing may have broken, but they sent me a new one out and now everything is fine. I told them it seemed like the timing was going way advance (due to the almost dying and bad knocking) but they said it wasn't the timing but something in the circuits that probably went south...

So it can happen to all of them...

Good luck....
Old 08-16-2005, 03:41 PM

Nice rollers

U2... I like those wheels and rims. They look sharp on your truck. Maybe when mine wear out I just might look into something similar.

I hope to have some pic up soon...

Catch u later
Old 08-16-2005, 03:54 PM

Quad box

I am getting ready to purchase my box.... I hope I dont have any problems.

Wishfull thinking
Old 08-16-2005, 05:31 PM

thanks for all of the replies.. I will let you know what happens!!! I had a juice w/attitude on my fraud and it was a pain in the butt to get installed and removed everytime I had to go to the *******. which was about once or twice a week... Thats why I went this route this time. I was actually looking for a plug and play "hypertech" but after finding out that the dealer can find it in the computer after being removed sent me looking elsewhere to quad!! Inexpensive and good power and mileage as well as easiest to install. It blows my mind but So does 2 intercoolers in 200 miles.